7.4

1. DrewtheNetherlands
    Apr 10, 2004
    I think this is just so a bad game, it's so boring after capturing thiefs all the time and the missions aren't better. Just spend your money on a good game like GTA vice city, you will have lots more fun and you will know that you see fun for your money because this is BULLSH.T.
  2. RichardW.
    Nov 5, 2003
    it should be given a 100 out of 10 as it is an unbeatable game at being fun and challanging and driving around la is good enough on its own without the missions.
  3. AlexP.
    Nov 8, 2003
    i think that this is a great game....I think that it is better the GTA series once you get all of the weapons. this is the best game i have ever played.
  4. RubenM.
    Jan 3, 2004
    I love this game. Its so cool!!!!!!! I like all the crimes that u have to stop and the missions.
  5. ChrisM.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This game is a very poor attempt at the GTA3 style of game. Awful controls, crap cars, boring fighting and an unispired story are just the start of this games problems. There are glitches everywhere. Cars will sink into the road, people will freeze still, the frame rate will die in the arse multiple times for no reason what so ever and the whole game will have a seizure from time to time.
  6. JockeyjoevanS.
    Nov 1, 2003
    True crime isn't a copy of GTA, True crime is what GTA tried to be! And since the GTA series are awesome games, well I think you can finish the rest.
  7. WilliamC.
    Nov 5, 2003
    Maybe its not Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but if you haven't worn that title out, True Crime: Streets of L.A. is definitely worth a rental, maybe even purchasing, as i did. The story and trying to be a good cop (ie. arresting random crimes, etc.) are very engaging, but if you wanna pull a GTA and just go crazy, you will have a very good time also (if you have unlocked enough of the Maybe its not Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but if you haven't worn that title out, True Crime: Streets of L.A. is definitely worth a rental, maybe even purchasing, as i did. The story and trying to be a good cop (ie. arresting random crimes, etc.) are very engaging, but if you wanna pull a GTA and just go crazy, you will have a very good time also (if you have unlocked enough of the special combos and weapons, you will have an even better time). Check this game out, at the very least, its already promised sequel will sure to be amazing, if the developer just improves on this already awesome game. Expand
  8. StefanF.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Very good i like the combintation reaaaaal much.
  9. TrevinS.
    Nov 8, 2003
    I loved this game its so fun to play and even watch sometimes. my mom even got mad at me because i was up all night playing it.
  10. Heath
    Dec 5, 2003
    This is no GTA. the load times suck, and there are far too many of them. whereas in GTA III or vice city driving to your destination is part of the mission, many of true crime's missions are driving to other missions, with load times in between every minute or two of gameplay. also, i'm no hard core gamer, but the lack of polish in the controls and camera are very aggravatingThis is no GTA. the load times suck, and there are far too many of them. whereas in GTA III or vice city driving to your destination is part of the mission, many of true crime's missions are driving to other missions, with load times in between every minute or two of gameplay. also, i'm no hard core gamer, but the lack of polish in the controls and camera are very aggravating when you're expected to take out an army of terrorists with two pistols (try running for the automatics and see what happens). i liked the characters of the story, in this aspect true crime holds its weight with grand theft auto. nick lang is just cheeky enough to be amusing. i also liked the music, the hip hop to cruise to, and the rock to fight to. again gta's radio stations were much more entertaining with lazlo, et al. where the rockstar duo each easily earn a 10 apiece, i have to give true crime a respectable 7. Collapse
  11. MysterA.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Filled with potential to be an excellent experience gamplay-wise, but also filled with very annoying control problems and bugs. The bugs in this game are real bad, so much so that I stopped trying to play this game honestly and just used cheats to get through to the end. Everytime I tried to play honestly and simply tried to have fun with this, another bug would show ruining my saved Filled with potential to be an excellent experience gamplay-wise, but also filled with very annoying control problems and bugs. The bugs in this game are real bad, so much so that I stopped trying to play this game honestly and just used cheats to get through to the end. Everytime I tried to play honestly and simply tried to have fun with this, another bug would show ruining my saved game. The story worked for me because I'm a child of the 80s and I understand where this game was coming from story-wise. There is a lot of brazen humor to be found in this game; I myself laughed out loud several times. The soundtrack is just so-so, with a few standout songs; you'd only be impressed with the soundtrack if you enjoy West Coast rap, or are easily entertained by vulgar language. If you have the patience to put up with this games many, many problems, though, you'll see that it had enormous potential that was bungled. Expand
  12. KCChevalier
    Jun 24, 2004
    This was a good game, it was like GTA only you fight as the cop. It's for every console so if you own a gamecube and want a game GTA style, this is it. Rent it first, it's a pretty fun game.
  13. RudyS.
    Jan 24, 2005
    This game is a dream for me. I have had game for almost a year but I only play the Snoop mode and drive around the city. I LOVE LA!
  14. KevinF
    Dec 12, 2003
    Horrible game, i felt sick as soon as i saw the intro and the comments that kang makes every time you reach a goal or climb into a car don't help in the slightest. controls and graphics are dreadful, and this has more bugs than enter the matrix. you dissapear into walls left right and centre and i'll spare you all from my opinions of the storyline.
  15. KenH.
    Dec 30, 2003
    I was anticipating this game about a year before it came out. And it turned out to be nothing like what I thought it would. Kind of fun. But absolutely does not compare to Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City. Car physics suck ass too. Can't even come close to GTA. but, there is snoop dog! yay!
  16. 8u6u77777777u86
    Jan 26, 2004
    It's like vice city but the driving, gun fights and fighting is a lot better.
  17. Kev
    Dec 12, 2003
    The story is horribly cliche-ridden, the controls are awful, especially trying to shoot, graphics are dissapointing, and you WILL encounter bugs on almost every level. christopher walken is the game's only redeeming factor.
  18. Sep 17, 2012
    Its a very fun game that is worth playing if you are a fan of the open world genre. Its almost as good as GTA 3. The great things about this game include an excellent targeting system for precise shooting, a very accurate representation of L.A., nice graphics for 2003 standards, an occasional sense of humor, and a nice little story. There are even alternate endings for the game, which keepIts a very fun game that is worth playing if you are a fan of the open world genre. Its almost as good as GTA 3. The great things about this game include an excellent targeting system for precise shooting, a very accurate representation of L.A., nice graphics for 2003 standards, an occasional sense of humor, and a nice little story. There are even alternate endings for the game, which keep you playing longer. The not-so good things here include a few glitches, an occasional spike in difficulty, and not nearly as many missions as GTA 3. Overall though, you should enjoy it if you can get past a few technical issues. Expand

1. Not even the irreplaceable voice acting of Christopher Walken can rescue the mess of a script driving the action of True Crime, a misguided attempt to share the spotlight with the vastly superior "Grand Theft Auto." [Jan 2004, p.62]
  2. An extremely fun action game that manages to be a jack-of-all-trades without coming up short in any particular area. It lacks in depth and does have a number of technical issues, but it provides a few days of enjoyment that goes unmatched as far as cheap thrills go.
  3. As a place, Los Angeles simply isn't as much fun as Liberty or Vice. Too much of this silicon LA exists simply because the designers wanted to show that it could be done rather than because it serves any gameplay purpose. [Christmas 2003, p.107]