• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2003
6.9

1. Nov 5, 2013
    An absolute bore of a game. A ploddingly slow ripoff of Shining Force with characters from an anime no one likes. It's not even worth owning for a Gamecube collector. I wouldn't recommend this game even as a waterboarding implement. I think the Geneva Accords have a rule against using it. 0/10
  2. M.S.
    Mar 30, 2006
    I played this game at my friends house when I was in my "Willing to try anything" phase. My first thought was "Eh. It can't be too bad if it's got giant monsters right?". Unfortunately my loose expectations were left in confusion as I played this dull, mindless, and terribly basic RPG if you can even address it by such a dignified title. No wonder it was on the discount isle. I I played this game at my friends house when I was in my "Willing to try anything" phase. My first thought was "Eh. It can't be too bad if it's got giant monsters right?". Unfortunately my loose expectations were left in confusion as I played this dull, mindless, and terribly basic RPG if you can even address it by such a dignified title. No wonder it was on the discount isle. I found myself totally oblivious to the fact that it was game. It felt more like a homework assignment that was due in the next four hours, since that's all it took to beat the freakin' thing. It wasn't challenging, it wasn't interesting, it was ugly, it was stupid (As opposed to smart), it was like staring at a television turned off only I'm pretty sure I'd be more entertained watching a blank screen. Expand
  3. JustinS.
    Dec 22, 2003
    I like to make my own deck. Pick out all the traps and power up's. This game sucks compared to the war of the roses.
  4. Yu-gi-DOH
    Dec 9, 2003
    Judging by all the 9's and 10's these kids gave it just goes to prove that if you take a crap in a box, wrap it in plastic and call it Yu-gi-Oh everybody under the age of 12 will buy it.
  5. ThisSucks
    Nov 27, 2003
    This game is a discrace to all Gamecube games!
  6. YalO.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Game sucks.

1. Its technical shortcomings are easy to ignore and once you grasp the unique gameplay, it turns out to be quite a lot of fun. Definitely recommended for fans, they're sure to have a ball.
  2. Even with relatively few RPGs on the GameCube, Falsebound Kingdom's relatively simple approach isn't that captivating - unless you're a Yu-Gi-Oh fan who is a newbie to the RPG genre. [Jan 2004, p.141]
    All of the elements were there to make this an addictive and challenging title. Instead, it's a slow-paced and confusing jumble.