• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2003
6.9

1. Kon-konC.
    Dec 30, 2003
    Man, i don't know what the ... the critics are saying, buyt this game is awsome! All teh monsters are so detailed, but the only thing bad is that the gameplay is so .... slow.
  2. Nik
    Nov 3, 2003
    Looks cool.
  3. RogierS.
    Dec 2, 2003
    It is a cool game because Kaiba en Yugi are in it.
  4. JackM.
    Dec 5, 2003
    This is an incredible game. it has an rpg style that is like none other that i have played.
  5. TylerD.
    Jan 10, 2004
    this game is very exciting and the graphics are wvery nice i hope all will enjoy this game and parents buy this game for your children.
  6. PubertH.
    Jan 2, 2004
    This game was Great! AWSOME! Windwaker on the other hand is the epitome of evil. The cell-shading they used makes me puke for eight days! Ocarina of Time was the best game ever. I didn't expect Windwaker to be better, but they could have at least tried! Oh, and by the way, Yugioh The FalseBound Kingdom was a masterpiece! A shining example to all other RPG's, and believe me, I This game was Great! AWSOME! Windwaker on the other hand is the epitome of evil. The cell-shading they used makes me puke for eight days! Ocarina of Time was the best game ever. I didn't expect Windwaker to be better, but they could have at least tried! Oh, and by the way, Yugioh The FalseBound Kingdom was a masterpiece! A shining example to all other RPG's, and believe me, I have played A LOT of RPG's! This game's story was also exellent. Most games don't even have half of the story this one had. If you want a challenging yet fun game, inlayed with a rich plot and first-class gameplay, BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  7. PatriciaA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    I say that this game kicks ass and to add on to that some of you don't know what your talking about.
  8. JuanJ.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Everything is cool but you can't duel your friends and this is ok.
  9. JoejoeG.
    Dec 15, 2003
    This is the best game ever. Whoever says it sucks well lets just say u have bad taste in games.
  10. BenA.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game is da bomb! It kicks a$$! I dont believe the critics when they say this game is bad!
  11. Bob
    Dec 4, 2003
    Man Dark magician girl is the greatest.
  12. CojoA.
    Dec 15, 2003
    This game kicks serious a$$.
  13. ZachV.
    Dec 5, 2003
    It might have only takin me 3 days to complete I still like the game, and gameplay might be a bit slow, but the game is still fun and the graphics and sounds are amazing, you can hear every grunt made by your monster! This isn't quite my favorite Yugioh game but it was second best!
  14. DRONED.
    Jan 13, 2004
    Great Game and all but the gameplay is too slow when you fight a battle sometimes you fight for an hour or if you go right for the boss maybe ten minutes. Ive heard when you complete kaiba and yugi storylines joey appears as a main char and does the winged dragon of ra. Im not sure but I think they got it messed up a bit because when you select yugi at a new game slifer comes at you but Great Game and all but the gameplay is too slow when you fight a battle sometimes you fight for an hour or if you go right for the boss maybe ten minutes. Ive heard when you complete kaiba and yugi storylines joey appears as a main char and does the winged dragon of ra. Im not sure but I think they got it messed up a bit because when you select yugi at a new game slifer comes at you but when you beat the game you get obilisk not slifer and vice versa so basicly too slow! everything else great! Expand
  15. ZacharyC.
    Nov 7, 2004
    I like it because I am good at it.It is also funner then fun.I recomened this game to every one.
  16. DracoDragonis
    Nov 13, 2003
    Ogre Battle 64 meets yugioh.
  17. O-la
    Nov 15, 2003
    Unless u hate yu-gi-oh A LOT don't try this game but i am tellin u right now...IT ROCKS!
  18. ALT.
    Nov 29, 2003
    After Reviewing this game I found its only downfall was its game pace. It's a great mergance of two good genres. All of you who are bashing the game have to take a less impassioned standpoint and look at this game a little more objectively. Give it a chance!
  19. Inuyashafan
    Dec 13, 2003
    besides slow game play this game ROCKS!!! OH, and Yu-gi-DOH i am not under the age of 12 and i may get frustrated with how slow it is but it is still cool.
  20. JRR.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Good game, Maybe a little different but okay.
  21. Aug 18, 2012
    It was very strange to play a yugioh game without the actual cards, but it was different, and the enjoyment I got out of it lasted hours on end, the story wasn't too bad either, and the graphics were really good for a 2003 game.
  22. CoryC.
    Sep 5, 2006
    I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, but I was dissapointed by this. I was hoping it would be like the card game but with animated graphics. But no, it is a repetitive and requires no stratagy. story is meh. my score should probably be lower.
  23. TomH.
    Dec 9, 2004
    They could have done a lot better for the only Yu-Gi-Oh game on the GameCube so far. The only real challenge to the game is collecting all the monsters. But the monsters themselves and their attack animations look really awesome, and the new villains are pretty good too. Unfortunately the story seems a bit too derivative of part of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. All in all, if you're expecting They could have done a lot better for the only Yu-Gi-Oh game on the GameCube so far. The only real challenge to the game is collecting all the monsters. But the monsters themselves and their attack animations look really awesome, and the new villains are pretty good too. Unfortunately the story seems a bit too derivative of part of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. All in all, if you're expecting a great RTS like Warcraft or Myth: The Fallen Lords, you won't find it here, but if you're looking for a Yu-Gi-Oh game that's not just cards all the time, try it out. Expand
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    It was a weird thing for Konami to release a Yugioh RTS. The game itself is odd. Whenever a character engages another they battle with 3 monsters on each side. The monsters have damage points to inflict when attacking (ATK) and the monsters being attack have an amount life points before they die. Each player takes turns but not in a specific order. Whenever all enemy players are eliminatedIt was a weird thing for Konami to release a Yugioh RTS. The game itself is odd. Whenever a character engages another they battle with 3 monsters on each side. The monsters have damage points to inflict when attacking (ATK) and the monsters being attack have an amount life points before they die. Each player takes turns but not in a specific order. Whenever all enemy players are eliminated you win. For Yugioh fans this is an odd, and for RTS players the game s ironic. I can best say this game is for the big Yugioh fans, RTS gamers looking for a different perspective, or if you wana buy the game new for the 3 cards the game comes with. Overall as a licensed game it did a fine job, but really isn't an RTS game. Expand
  25. M.S.
    Mar 30, 2006
    I played this game at my friends house when I was in my "Willing to try anything" phase. My first thought was "Eh. It can't be too bad if it's got giant monsters right?". Unfortunately my loose expectations were left in confusion as I played this dull, mindless, and terribly basic RPG if you can even address it by such a dignified title. No wonder it was on the discount isle. I I played this game at my friends house when I was in my "Willing to try anything" phase. My first thought was "Eh. It can't be too bad if it's got giant monsters right?". Unfortunately my loose expectations were left in confusion as I played this dull, mindless, and terribly basic RPG if you can even address it by such a dignified title. No wonder it was on the discount isle. I found myself totally oblivious to the fact that it was game. It felt more like a homework assignment that was due in the next four hours, since that's all it took to beat the freakin' thing. It wasn't challenging, it wasn't interesting, it was ugly, it was stupid (As opposed to smart), it was like staring at a television turned off only I'm pretty sure I'd be more entertained watching a blank screen. Expand
  26. YalO.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Game sucks.
  27. Yu-gi-DOH
    Dec 9, 2003
    Judging by all the 9's and 10's these kids gave it just goes to prove that if you take a crap in a box, wrap it in plastic and call it Yu-gi-Oh everybody under the age of 12 will buy it.
  28. ThisSucks
    Nov 27, 2003
    This game is a discrace to all Gamecube games!
  29. JustinS.
    Dec 22, 2003
    I like to make my own deck. Pick out all the traps and power up's. This game sucks compared to the war of the roses.
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    An absolute bore of a game. A ploddingly slow ripoff of Shining Force with characters from an anime no one likes. It's not even worth owning for a Gamecube collector. I wouldn't recommend this game even as a waterboarding implement. I think the Geneva Accords have a rule against using it. 0/10

1. Its technical shortcomings are easy to ignore and once you grasp the unique gameplay, it turns out to be quite a lot of fun. Definitely recommended for fans, they're sure to have a ball.
  2. Even with relatively few RPGs on the GameCube, Falsebound Kingdom's relatively simple approach isn't that captivating - unless you're a Yu-Gi-Oh fan who is a newbie to the RPG genre. [Jan 2004, p.141]
    All of the elements were there to make this an addictive and challenging title. Instead, it's a slow-paced and confusing jumble.