Agricola iOS

6.6

1. Jul 29, 2013
    Always wanted the board game, but was afraid no one around my house would play, I was probably right about that. A relatively easy game to learn, but with so many possible decisions each turn, finding a winning strategy is always a challenge. If you like complex Euro style board games, this one takes the cake. Highly recommended.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    This is one of the many fantastic board games that PlayDek has remade for the iOS. Being a big fan of board games and impressed by PlayDek's other games, I got this and was slightly disappointed. The stylistic difference makes the iOS version feel messy compared to the board game. However, you can be assured that the turn sequence and resource top-up would be accurate.

1. Jul 14, 2013
    As a single-player game, the AI acquits itself admirably (one of my favorite things about ports of Euro games like this is that purer math lends itself to artificial intelligence). I’m less enamoured of Agricola as a multiplayer game. It works fine, and developer Playdek knows better than to leave you high, dry, and solitaire only. But heck if I can remember what I was going to do when my turn finally rolls around again. This isn’t a knock against the Agricola port so much as a fact of its gameplay.
  2. Jul 4, 2013
    The differences between Agricola the board game and Agricola the app are largely stylistic, but I much prefer the artistic rendering of the iOS version to the real-world board. There is also the benefit of avoiding the tedium involved with assembling the game, but I know there are gamers who enjoy setup nearly as much as play. For me, being able to jump in and out of a few rounds is a major benefit.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    Agricola is a superlative port of an equally exceptional game. Just don't mistake the cute styling for simple mechanics. Even in "family mode", Agricola is both challenging and competitive.