The best fragging deal on iPhone® and iPod touch: Intense multiplayer FPS that unleashes a new breed of mayhem.
The best fragging deal is also one of the best fragging games: Archetype delivers a high quality console-style FPS experience on iPhone or iPod touch. No gimmicks, no tricks: iPWNAGE IS JUST $2.99.
• OPTIMIZED for iPHONE 4: Takes full advantage of Retina Display with HIGHER RESOLUTION weapons, textures and crisper on-screen HUD. Headshots never looked so good!
• INTENSE MULTIPLAYER-ONLY DEATHMATCHES for up to 5 on 5 combat
• TEAM BATTLES ACROSS 5 MAPS with 6 WEAPONS (including the Battle and Precision Rifles, rapid-fire AutoMag, shotgun, missile launcher, and brutal melee axe) plus 2 grenade types
• PRECISE DUAL JOYSTICK-STYLE CONTROLS: Master the tight controls in seconds
• RANK UP by earning EXP for winning games, earning any one of dozens of medals, and more!
• INSTANTLY ADD and CHALLENGE BUDDIES: Start a deathmatch in seconds
• TRACK ENEMIES via on-screen RADAR
• MELEE WITH ANY GUN by tapping the on-screen radar
• CUSTOMIZE your gameplay: Invert aim axis, set aim sensitivity, hide on-screen joysticks, even turn off auto-fire!
• Hone your skills with OFFLINE TUTORIAL mode
• iPWNAGE via Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Edge—take a console-style FPS experience on the go
Network Connection Required. A 3G or WiFi connection is recommended for best gameplay experience.
Publisher: Villain, LLC
Developer: MunkyFun, Inc… Expand
Jan 27, 2011Given the technical quality and the excellent matchmaking, Archetype is definitely worth a try for all FPS fans out there. The controls are great, the action is fluid and there is a good number of well-balanced weapons. The matches via Wi-Fi work very well and we experienced very few latency problems. Unfortunately, you can only play team deathmatch on five maps, so the game becomes repetitive very soon.
- By user score