*** Introductory price ***
IS THIS GAME RIGHT FOR YOU? This game is best for people: - Who recognize the strength of neural network backgammon bots - Who want to improve their game by playing against a world-class level AI - Who have experience playing against other top backgammon*** Introductory price ***
IS THIS GAME RIGHT FOR YOU?
This game is best for people:
- Who recognize the strength of neural network backgammon bots
- Who want to improve their game by playing against a world-class level AI
- Who have experience playing against other top backgammon programs such as GNU Backgammon or Snowie
- Who are willing to play this game against a top bg program or perform rollouts using a top bg program to evaluate the strength of this game's AI
- Who are willing to use the in-depth, technical features (http://www.njsoftware.com/note.html) included in the game to prove that it is honest
- Who have the technical knowledge required to understand the use of the above features
- Who understand the significance of Error Rate or Player Skill Percentage
- Who are willing to play lower skill levels if those levels are more suited for their playing skill
- Who will not insist on only playing the higher skill levels and expect to win consistently against those levels
If you fit all of the above, then this game is what you're looking for!
If the above doesn't describe you, then this game isn't right for you, and you will not be happy playing it. You will be much happier if you choose a different game with an easier AI.
ABOUT BACKGAMMON NJ HD
Backgammon NJ HD is a full-featured backgammon game which uses an advanced, neural network-based, artificial intelligence. Players of all skill levels can match wits against a computer opponent or play against another person in 2-player mode on a single device. Using Tutor Mode and Hints, Backgammon NJ HD can show you how to improve your game.
Discriminating players will appreciate how well the AI plays. It uses a neural network trained on millions of positions, a bearoff database, and a match equity table to achieve strong gameplay that will challenge even expert players.
To see the strength of the AI before you buy, download Backgammon NJ Lite for free. Note: The Lite version is a low-res version developed for the iPhone.
"[I] know strong bg play when I see it. This app is the strongest iPhone bg app I've played with by far. It does not cheat period." -Richard Munitz, Giant of Backgammon, #21 world ranking in 2009
"Backgammon NJ is without question the best backgammon program for the iPhone. It plays at a very high level and is such a good program that I often use it myself to practice." -Phil Simborg, Professional Backgammon Teacher and Player, www.simborgbackgammonlessons.com
"I've played over 500 games now; I've checked about 5% of these against World Class Desktop programs (GNU, BGBlitz); and I've actually used some of the competition. NJ has the best interface and has more useful functions than any other backgammon apps out there."
"As someone who has played a lot online (FIBS, Gamesgrid, and others) and live, playing this app (on its hardest setting) is like playing a master player or like playing GNU."
• Neural network-based AI
• 2 game types: Standard Backgammon or Nackgammon
• 4 skill levels: Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert
• Customizable board design & checker colors
• Mersenne Twister algorithm for random number generation
• Doubling cube
• Single games or match play to 1, 3, 5, 7, or 15 points
• Crawford rule for match play
• 1-player mode vs. computer • 2-player mode on a single device • User-friendly, tap-to-move interface • Highlighted checker movement options • Hint & Undo • Learn as you play with Status Meter & Tutor Mode • Game & dice statistics • Sound effects • Options to reverse board direction, resign, use one-tap moves, auto bearoff, auto finish, & much more CONTACT US http://contact.njsoftware.com… Expand