8.4

1. Nov 29, 2013
    This game got me sooo addicted. First of all the gameplay reminds me a little of Jetpack Joyride but in the end it's got its own ideas for "flyin' high". Secondly the twists (when your bird multiplies or grows rapidly) make it more challenging in a good way, as you can easily go on but if you like you may master up each level. Thirdly the graphics are amazing. I think it's been inspired by Limbo's black world but Badland distinguishes itself with beautiful backgrounds, more like fairytale style and very good lighting.
    If you're looking for original arcade game this one is a must!
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    great idea! i love this game because is unique, you must download it right now! perfect for playing in a few minutes when you are in the doctor waiting!
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    This game has a beautiful art style, superb music, an excellent atmosphere and one of the best multiplayer modes in any ios game. If you are thinking about getting this game, just get it. All it needs is more levels and it could be my game of the year.
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    My first Metacritic review: Badland is the best game I have played for the iOS and that was on an iPhone I can't imagine how much better it would be on a pad. It raises the bar both visually and audibly (use a good pair of headphones). The gameplay is simple and easy to pick up so anyone can play, yet hard to master so you won't get bored easily see also, Tiny Wings and Jetpack Joyride for one-touch-and-hold gems. It also evolves as you progress through the stages with new challenges and also new power ups/downs that can help or hinder you depending on the scenario.

But most of all, the reason Badlands sets itself apart from other similar games, the reason I call it my favorite, the reason why it's fun meter is off the charts, is because flying through a level with clones dying all around you, yet having one guy making it out unscathed is an incredibly satisfying feeling. Beats watching a "close call" scene in a movie any day.

Can't wait for more levels!
  5. Jan 20, 2014
    The perfect iOS game. Takes on the AppStore most popular genre and shows that it can be remade. Its perfect. Lots of levels, multiplayer, missions, amazing power-ups and NO IAP at all. One of the best games on the AppStore.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played on my ipad. £2.50 is definitely worth sparing for this game! I advise if you have the money for this game then you buy it. I haven't seen a game like it's a fresh idea of for a game!

1. May 30, 2013
    It's all pleasingly strange and atmospheric. [July 2013, p.84]
  2. May 9, 2013
    Brilliant proof that it's possible to craft amazing, substantial games around simple tap controls. [June 2013, p.83]
  3. May 6, 2013
    However flawed Badland is, you won’t go wrong if you buy it on sale – it’ll help you to kill some time on a trip.