• Publisher: Beamdog
  • Release Date: Dec 7, 2012
  • Also On: PC
7.2

1. Dec 10, 2012
    A terrific rendition of a seminal RPG. Beamdog deserve an almighty thank you for raising the bar even higher on what can be achieved on today's IOS. Using the index finger may not the perfect interface but its pretty damn close much better than I expected - and I'm real fussy. I have the PC ver too but choose to play exclusively on my IPad. Its just better. The game is as brilliant and re-playable as it ever was and its barely crashed in over 8 hours of play. The save system is subtle and intuitive and the graphics and sound are exactly as they should be. There's weeks of play in here for like 7 quid. Wow. What more could you ask for? Amazing stuff. Just buy it and roll on BG II & Planescape Torment Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    I first purchased this game for my PC, then for my iPad. All I keep thinking is 'thank you Overhaul for finally bringing a real RPG to the app store'. The controls can be a bit touchy when fighting an enemy while trying to move the screen around without making your character move, but overall, I am having a great experience! You can export your char from PC and load to iPad and vice versa.

1. Apr 1, 2013
    Play it on the PC if you haven't done so. If, like me, you're an old dude that has played this so many times you know almost everything by heart, you'll enjoy having it to take with you wherever you go.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    It's a wonderful game, but the mod-friendly PC is original is the one to plump for. [March 2013, p.87]
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    A flawed but admirable port of a game that fundamentally isn't touch-friendly. If you're still on the fence, just know that this game requires commitment. There's gold here, but Baldur's Gate keeps its treasure for the dedicated and does not tolerate dabblers.