7.9

1. Oct 7, 2012
    Originally I purchased this game for the PC but I got it again so I could experience it on the Ipad and support the developers, who deserve every penny. is one of the best games I have ever played. Right from the start of the game we have an amazing narrator convey the games story and explain our actions to us. As the game progresses the characters will be fleshed out and we'll discover aOriginally I purchased this game for the PC but I got it again so I could experience it on the Ipad and support the developers, who deserve every penny. is one of the best games I have ever played. Right from the start of the game we have an amazing narrator convey the games story and explain our actions to us. As the game progresses the characters will be fleshed out and we'll discover a vast world with it's own history, culture and politics. Not to spoil anything but I would recommend it on the story alone.. and the narrator of course. The Gameplay is solid with a decent array of weapons which allow us to develop our own playing styles, using two weapon combinations. Many will complain about the difficulty of this game but this game has it's own unique difficulty system which in my mind is quite revolutionary. Instead of choosing "Easy", "Normal", "Hard", etc we all start out the same but as the game continues idols can be found, which allow to raise the difficulty ever so slightly, such as enemies becoming transparent randomly or enemies regenerating health. With all idols activated the game is incredibly challenging. Collapse
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    When I saw the game trailer, I wanted to test the game immediately. The price was quite a hassle in the beginning, but after purchasing the game, I did not have any regret.
    The gameplay, the sound, the story telling man (cool voice) and the graphics are amazing. It left me a great amount of pleasure and can recommend this game to anyone who wants to play some casual games on their iPad.
  3. Dec 30, 2012
    While the controls of the game take some getting used to, it is worth the time getting adjusted. It is almost as good as the PC version, but the story and game itself is amazing and needs to be played. The graphics look great and the sounds are all very impressive for a mobile device.
  4. May 18, 2013
    This is one of, if not, the best game on the App Store! The story and Game play mix seamlessly and the story is amazing. The narrator has an amazing voice and the music ties into the story of the game sometimes as well. A must buy.
  5. Mar 21, 2013
    Without doubt, one of the best games I've ever played.
    I watched the trailer and didn't think much of it at all, and picked it up one day on the steam sale.
    Without doubt, one of the best games I've ever played.
    I couldn't believe just how beautiful this game is. It really takes you to a whole new world. The creativity behind the art is so powerful it connects with you on a deep, emotional level. The story, the music, the narration, the art... you forget you're playing a game and become fully immersed in that world. And what better complement to a game than that?

I'd highly recommend you buy this game, get some good earphones, find a dark room at night and play, without distractions. It's a fantastic escape.
  6. Jan 15, 2014
    Do yourself a flavor and check it out. I played it twice through. Great level design, character design, and soundtrack. The narrator is bad azz! You can't go wrong with Bastion.
  7. Mar 23, 2013
    AWESOME GAMEPLAY. AWESOME STORY. AWESOME MUSIC. AWESOME GRAPHICS. AWESOME ART. AWESOME CHARACHTERS, i don't know what to say, i mean this game is fo awesome :D
  8. Mar 25, 2013
    This is a moving game, short though it may be, and it's the first and only ios game that has captivated me enough to complete. It's definitely worth the price of admission.
  9. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is one of the best I've had the privilege of playing. There are so many positive points to be made concerning this game that I hardly even know where to begin. I'll try anyway. After about two minutes of loading and getting myself ready, I was greeted with not some cheesy title screen, instead, I was immediately immersed in the game, listening to the wonderful Stranger, narratingThis game is one of the best I've had the privilege of playing. There are so many positive points to be made concerning this game that I hardly even know where to begin. I'll try anyway. After about two minutes of loading and getting myself ready, I was greeted with not some cheesy title screen, instead, I was immediately immersed in the game, listening to the wonderful Stranger, narrating the story of the Kid. That brings me to my first point. The narration is top notch in this game and there really was a lot of time and care out into making sure that every bit of dialogue was solid. The narration moves along with your character and blends smoothly with the progress you make through levels. The voice following you through the story is one of the biggest selling points of the game and doesn't interfere with the experience, rather, it enhances it.
    Gameplay is a big part of any game and this one has some innovative ideas. This game is a port, but it feels like it was meant for touchscreen devices. I had no problem with keeping the controls off of the "classic" setting. The virtual joystick has always felt a little clunky to me, but the controls that are set on default are excellent. Fighting the monsters is challenging but do-able with the ability to zip across the map and fend off waves of enemies or use that special ability to vaporize all your foes. The various weapons of the game all serve a purpose and any combination of weapons can be employed for all the levels. There are many different enemies to smash through as you listen to the narrator tell the tale of the land. So you're always in for a treat when a large swath of enemies ambush you while you're knocked out. I fully recommend this game to all supported devices. I played this game for 15 hours nonstop until I had beaten it all. It is completely worth the five dollars spent. I hope to see a sequel or more content from these developers. I haven't a single complaint. Way to go.
  10. Sep 15, 2013
    Good port, have bought it for PC and iPad to support developers.
    Really nice game and especially soundtracks. I hope that developers will make such a great game again.
  11. Dec 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kid just sits there and thinks for a while. What was his life like before playing Bastion? Was it true his expectations for adventure apps were completely redefined? Yeah... Well, let's explain why.
    Bastion could be one of the most complete packages on the App Store, featuring an incredible story, addictive gameplay that anyone can pick up and enjoy, and the most beautiful art direction I've ever seen in a video game. The narrative is virtually flawless and the themes of rebuilding is a poignant message that anyone can relate to. As you play as the Kid, fighting across the land in search of Cores and Shards while listening to the incredible voice of Rucks the narrator, the Bastion grows stronger and stronger and makes you feel a sense of purpose and accomplishment. As for the soundtrack, it's flawless. Every song fits the level it's placed in, and "Build That Wall" could be one of the greatest video game songs ever made, both beautiful and haunting at the same time. The only flaw in the game can be seen in the gameplay. While it is addictive and boasts a wide selection of guns and weapons to mow down enemies with, the formula does get repetitive at times. However, the game never feels dull as the narrations and plot twists always keep you on your toes even when the scene feels safest.
    Kid wants to make one thing very clear: Bastion is one of the few apps in the App Store that is essential to own. Not only does it have an unparalleled beauty and incredibly addictive gameplay, but it also leaves a profound impact that only a good story can truly provide. At the end of the extensive campaign, as I had to make an incredibly difficult choice between a chance to undo the past or remain with the friends I had grown so attached to, I realized then how much the game really meant to me. I didn't want it to end. And before I had to say goodbye, I walked through the Bastion one final time, as I emotionally recalled all of the fond memories that mere hours could provide. I found the gramophone and played my favorite melody one last time. "I dig my hole, you build a wall...One day that wall is gonna fall..."

9.7/10

Follow me on twitter. @cbeers2513
  12. Oct 7, 2012

1. Apr 21, 2013
    As I led off by saying, if you enjoy action RPGs and have an iOS device, you should buy Bastion. It's a little pricier than many games in the mobile market, but it is absolutely worth the money.
  2. Sep 10, 2012
    Supergiant Games did a great job adapting the controls and creating a perfect tablet version for an already wonderful action RPG.
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    Colorful, charming and full of atmosphere: The fluid rhythm of fighting, looting and upgrading has been a hit on the 360 and PC and is as convincing on the iPad.