"...the most in-depth turn based strategy game available for the iPhone." - Touch Arcade
"For strategy fans out there, The Battle for Wesnoth is packed with content and leaves almost nothing behind." - No DPad "Battle for Wesnoth is an epic strategy game that’s"...the most in-depth turn based strategy game available for the iPhone." - Touch Arcade
"For strategy fans out there, The Battle for Wesnoth is packed with content and leaves almost nothing behind." - No DPad
"Battle for Wesnoth is an epic strategy game that’s almost perfect...Overall, [it] is quite the accomplishment for the platform providing a tremendously deep game experience with more content than you can imagine." - Big Albie user review on Touch Arcade
"The Battle for Wesnoth stands as one of the largest, most epic games yet released on the iPhone." - Slide To Play
*** Recently featured on Hot New Games and New and Noteworthy ***
Battle for Wesnoth is the official port of a gigantic, complex and detailed full-scale strategy-RPG. We made sure that nothing was cut from the game, everything from flags flapping to skeletons juggling their heads, it's all here!
Wesnoth is a unique combination of tactical strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Panzer General, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Using your hero, you need to capture villages to gain income, and recruit new units to do battle. These units gain experience through combat and can level up into powerful new classes. But make sure to protect your veteran troops, as they can be recalled throughout a campaign!
To find out more about the game or to play the PC/Mac version for free, please visit http://www.wesnoth.org
* Almost 200 campaign scenarios across 14 major campaigns - literally hundreds of hours of gameplay!!
* Over 200 fully animated unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells
* Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance
* Bring your battle-hardened troops with you as you fight through campaigns
* Highly detailed and varied terrain graphics
* Three levels of difficulty for casual to hardcore players
* Cross-platform multiplayer matches against iPhone, PC, mac and linux players!
* Professional music score with 90 minutes of original music
* Cute little zombie dwarves
Episode 2: Invasion from the Unknown
Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback to help this make a better game! Episode 2 brings tons of improvements and an epic new campaign: Invasion from the Unknown!
Coming up in Episode 3:
- A new campaign, Dead Water, featuring the Merfolk
- OpenFeint integration with achievements
Still not sure? Try the free version and play through an entire campaign!
*** PLEASE NOTE:
If you are having issues with game slowdowns or crashes in this version, please visit the forums or email support! We can help you get it running good no matter what device you have.… Expand
Positive: 2 out of 2
Mixed: 0 out of 2
Negative: 0 out of 2