Blood Brothers iOS

6.2

1. Nov 12, 2013
    I'm not a big app user, the Google store has a lot of good games but over all I rather play flash games from 2002. I never thought that this would be the game that made me really think about the true addiction of mobile games. Blood Brothers is a weird mix of like a card game and a linear turn base game. At first I really hated this game, after a week of just going through the tutorial andI'm not a big app user, the Google store has a lot of good games but over all I rather play flash games from 2002. I never thought that this would be the game that made me really think about the true addiction of mobile games. Blood Brothers is a weird mix of like a card game and a linear turn base game. At first I really hated this game, after a week of just going through the tutorial and just beating the first few levels I got a few cool monsters. The game after about a month finally made sense to me and man is it unique and really fun. The PvP side of the game is really fun but its also where you see the pay to win side of this mobile game. I play the PvP most of the time and to be honest I win about half the time due to the fact that someone spent one hundred bucks on a whole army of just legend's. Regardless of the pay to win crap the story mode is pretty good, best part of the game is the combining of monsters and as long as that doesn't get broken by updates and ridiculous events I will be playing that game for a long time. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    Blood Brothers is arguably the easiest to grasp game in the Mobile CCG genre, but interested players can continue to sink hundreds of hours into it as with many other games in the same pool.

While Blood Brothers does use the Zynga/Facebook pool-of-energy-that-refreshes-over-time, BB presents maps in the campaign for the user to choose which route to take. This serves to both presents something for the eyes, as well as allowing the user to choose between hurrying through a map and bypassing fights/chests or to spend the extra time on a map to earn more party XP/rewards.

DeNa has continually updated the game with big new features as well as game-balance adjustments. Blood Brothers can easily be played for dozens of hours or more without spending any actual real-world money, but those wanting to compete at the higher levels in the weekly tournaments should be prepared to be very patient and build strength over the long term using random card-draw rewards, tournament rewards, and smart use of the games Bazaar trading area.

As of this review a couple moderate deficiencies exist, chiefly:
    the inability to toggle game audio in any way - for a game built solely for Mobile use to prevent users from listening to other audio while playing is a BIG issue...game sounds are VERY repetitive after only a couple hours let alone dozens/hundreds of hours...

The Bazaar was recently added but it is currently only useful if you know what card/familiar you want to acquire. If you have a familiar and want to see what others are offering there is currently no clear way to see what is being offered for that card. Players must search card-by-card...
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Sep 21, 2012
    While Blood Brothers is nothing particularly new, it does offer a steady, virtual stream of rewards and pleasures for a gamer to behold.
  2. Sep 5, 2012
    For all of its attractive window dressing, Blood Brothers plays about as nicely as cardboard tastes.