Can you still do mental calculations ? Do you feel that sometimes your brain is not up to speed (or not what it used to be) when you have to compute 2 or 3 numbers?
In BrainMaths, the goal is to eliminate all the numbers in the grid. You are given 3 numbers each turn and you can do anyCan you still do mental calculations ? Do you feel that sometimes your brain is not up to speed (or not what it used to be) when you have to compute 2 or 3 numbers?
In BrainMaths, the goal is to eliminate all the numbers in the grid. You are given 3 numbers each turn and you can do any basic arithmetic operations with them (+ - / *). If the result of your calculation is still available, you can eliminate that number in the grid.
There is one simple rule: each turn you have to use all 3 numbers before turn time is up. You can use them in any order you want e.g. 8 * 6 + 4 or (6-4)*8 or (8/4) * 6 ...
It's both a challenging and educational game. The game is suitable for all ages (as far as you can do calculations) and can help schoolkids improve their maths as well as help people who got a bit rusty refresh their calculation skills. Play a few games a day and you will improve dramatically.
The game features various difficulty levels. Depending on the level you play, you can ask for a hint which you then have to compute. So beginners can enjoy the game as much as more advanced players who already are comfortable with mental calculations. The grid size varies from 5x5 up to 10x10 and the range of the 3 generated numbers is from 0 to 10 (in crazy mode, the range is from 0 to 20). Except for crazy mode, there is always a solution for the 3 numbers you are given.
A highscore system will help you keep track of your progress. Of course, the harder the level, the more points you get for an answer.
Besides the main game, you can also start a practice session, where you can customize your game (grid size, turn time, hints on, ...).
- Continue a session which you stopped (phone call, home button quit, ...)
- Enable/disable sound effects
- The game autopauses when you give a wrong answer or when the turn time is up and you can see a possible correct solution (you can disable this setting but it is not recommended)
- Slide your finger over the grid for easier number picking (you will see the number you are currently on as an offset, same as when you use the keyboard to write a text message on your iPhone)
- Enjoy listening to your own music in the background while playing… Expand