5.3

1. Aug 7, 2012
    Everything about Black Ops Zombies is awesome, for the other reviewers, they obviously haven't went deep into the story of Black Ops ZOMBIES. The final conclusion (The Moon Easter Egg!) Is nothing shory of epic... The only problem I have is that it gets boring around 33
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    While it isn't nearly as revolutionary as the original, it's still a solid game. Note that at this point there's only one map, more will probably come out soon (some free, others most likely an in app purchase). Great and addicting, especially if you enjoyed the console version. Still a bit expensive, if unsure wait for a price drop and / or new maps to be released.
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    At first, it looks like a cool game. It is better in most ways than the first ios zombies app. However, the charm is just not here like it was in the first ios zombies game, and does not last as long as the first.
  4. Dec 5, 2011
    I was in the dichotomy of whether I should buy this game or wait for an inevitable price drop. CACUCA PEO POOP FART U KNO ITS TRU BRO GO CHECKZ AWT MAH SKILLZ AT SERVZSIDE THUGHZ LAWLZ spaghetti pockets
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    It actually isn't all that bad. But the aiming system (support) is ridiculous. You could literally not use the aiming controls at all (just walk around) and shoot. :) I mean... ok... it's better that you hit the bastards rather than you don't but there should be some challenge into it. - 2 for lack of diversification and that not all bonuses were included...
  6. Sep 4, 2014
    -Maps are well replicated and fun -Retains the Call of Duty feel -Interesting Comic-book styled menus -Fair Controls Cons: -Little to no challenge -Terrible Sound -Mediocre Graphics -Not enough dialogue from the Zombie Crew -Underpowered Raygun Call of duty zombies was a rip roaring success on ios, and demonstrated the iPhone's capabilities as a gaming device. It was astounding to see an iOS device port a console FPS game. Due to it's popularity, it was not surprising to see Black Ops Zombies enter the App Store, but unfortunately the game took more steps back then it did forward. Activision put a good effort into the map design, but there are too many flaws to make this game as enjoyable as the World at War version, let alone the console version.

To start on a semi-positive note, the menu layout is fantastic. Set up in a comic book style, the menu was interesting and easy to use. A neat addition to the menu is the ability to chose characters in your loadout. I grew weary of hearing Tank Dempsey's voice from WAW Zombies, so this was a nice add-on.

I also found the control scheme well constructed. A lot of people seemed to critique this part of the game, but I had no trouble using them. The only issue came from firing weapons. Instead of tapping a button to fire, you must tap on the right side of the screen, the same side used to control your character's vision. Because of this, I would sometimes fire my weapon by mistake.

The map selection is great. There are a total of four maps full of detail and areas to explore. Kino der Toten is a simple but sweet map which is easy to navigate and unlock areas. Dead Ops Arcade offers a zany side to the gameplay, playing from the birds-eye view of a soldier, you must fight off zombies in an arcade styled battle, with lots of treasure to collect and over a 100 areas to explore. Then there is Ascension, a medium sized rocket launch map with platforms to fly on. Lastly there is Call of the Dead, my personal favorite and the largest map of the game which includes some fun zip lines, catapults and slides to mess around with. The maps themselves are well designed and surprisingly all fit at only around 800 mb, however the gameplay on these maps are flawed.

For starters the sound quality is terrible. The SFX is grainy, especially the voices of the zombie crew. The Zombie Crew have very few quotes compared to the console version, so they will constantly repeat themselves. After hearing "Nikolai can not die! Hey that rhymes!" for the 3rd time in a row, I turned off the audio in annoyance.

The graphics also aren't on par with most fps games on mobile devices. The gib system also isn't as great as its predecessor.

But probably the worst flaw of this game is how easy it is. Even on the game's veteran mode, you can easily make it to high rounds. The zombies' heads can be easily shot off, no matter what weapon you are using. I experimented how easy it would be to shoot off a zombies head with weak weapons on high rounds. I was able to shoot them clean off with a pistol on round 40. Not only are there issues with the zombies' health, but the zombies also have a long respond time. The zombies take a longer time to strike you, making it easy to weave through waves of them. The auto aim feature is also way too overpowered.

Some other issues include the ray gun being underpowered. When shot at a zombie, the zombies will only split in half (and only one zombie can be hit from the ray) even on a headshot. You'll then have to use another bullet to finish off the split zombie, which eats up a lot of ammo.

It's a real shame that BOZ wasn't a success. The maps were ported almost flawlessly, but the gameplay itself was below satisfactory. If you're looking for a Call of Duty equivalent for ios, try World at War Zombies or Modern Combat instead.
  7. May 13, 2014
    The worst game Evahh made , seriously i hadn't seen a horribleeeeeee game like this before. Gameplay:0/10 graphics:0.4/10 sound: -10/10 lag: 10/10 **** multiplayer:-100000000000∞/1 HORRIBLEEEEEE

1. Feb 8, 2012
    Now that we've actually been able to advance past the menus and delve into the gameplay, we are reminded why we enjoyed their previous release so much.
  2. Feb 2, 2012
    If you are a fan of the Call of Duty zombie games then Black Ops Zombies is a must-own addition to your iPad library, if for no other reason than Dead-Ops Arcade. I've easily logged twice as many hours in that mode as the main FPS game, but that will likely change when new maps start to drop.
  3. Dec 22, 2011
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies is no doubt a good port as it comes with some very nice graphics and a solid gameplay. The game suffers from several problems, though: cumbersome controls, lack of maps, online issues. Better wait for the next updates.