2.5

1. Apr 18, 2014
    I hate this game so much. How many times has it made me rage when it's supposed to entertain me?
    And then King has the nerve to raise the price for all in app purchases. Not that I was ever stupid enough to fall for their shameful money grabbing ways.
  2. Apr 4, 2014
    While there is nothing particularly wrong with it's gameplay, this is an entirely unoriginal game. I've played several different versions of this match 3 or more style of gameplay, and there are countless other versions of the game out there with more interesting themes. So why has this version of the classic gameplay style reached such an incredibly large scale of popularity? To be honest I can't tell you why.

I can see why so many view this game as addictive. With it's multitude of levels and simple yet occasionally challenging style of gameplay, it makes for a mildly entertaining pick up and play anywhere sort of experience. All I can say is that this game in no way grabbed me. I'm not addicted to it, and that might just be that I've played and reviewed a couple of these types of games already. There's definitely something here for the right crowd of people, but I'm just not one of them.

As far as I'm concerned it's a mildly entertaining, entirely unoriginal, and almost forgettable experience. Maybe you'll get addicted to it like so many others have, but there are better versions of the game already out there. It did provide me some entertainment, but the lack of originality killed it for me. Overall I give it a 6.4/10-Ok.
  3. Mar 19, 2014
    It is a fun game. However, the game seems to be rigged. You will never hit the jackpot on the daily wheel spin. You will always end up with needing one more move for the next level or three stars and it asks either to quit or pay .99 cents. I would never pay. The game is rigged for the people that really think they need to pay .99 cents. Patience is key in this game. I try to play all levels and aim for three stars and will replay the level to get it. Sometimes, i get it on the first try, sometimes, I get it after 30 tries. Fun game but not worth continually paying. After all, there will always be a better game that will come about sooner or later and this game will become obsolete. 2 rating because it is rigged! Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2014
    I'm very upset at "King" for banning other companies around the world from using the words "Candy" and "Saga". The words "Candy" and "Saga" are fairly common words and should be allowed to be used by other companies for their own IP's. what King is trying to do is beyond ridiculous and I wont support any company that would try to pull of something as petty and low as claiming the legal rights to the word "Candy" and "saga". Expand
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    "King, the developers of Candy Crush Saga, are playing rotten to ensure no other games can touch their already monstrous lead. They're trying to reserve the words "candy", "crush", and "saga", and have made threats to games with any of those words in the title, even if they bear no resemblance at all. They're also trying to snuff out a 1-person developer by attacking the trademark of Candy Swipe, a game that looks remarkably similar but came out 2 years BEFORE Candy Crush. All this, on top of the exploitative freemium model they employ." -AppleRazmataz Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2014
    OMG, what a money-whore game. The price increases each time you buy it, and King.com has trademarked the words "Candy", "Crush". This is basically a copy of the awesome Bejeweld. Reasons why not to play this game. It seems modern, but this type of game is more than 13 years old.
  7. Feb 10, 2014
    Candy Crush Saga is a completely unoriginal tile matching game (It is basically Bejeweled which was first released in 2001) that has become inexplicably popular on Facebook and now iOS. In itself the game is a decent little time waster but creators King Limited have seen fit to use the 'free to play' model that constantly attempts to get the player to spend money to speed up progress.

Add to this the fact that they are now attempting to take advantage of their new found wealth by trademarking the words 'candy' and 'saga' and you have left with a game that no one should support. If you want to play a tile matching puzzler they can be found for free all over the web so don't give King Limited a penny of your cash.
  8. Feb 8, 2014
    It is true, this game is addicting. So, however, is crack. Also, my all-consuming crack addiction is much cheaper. tl;dr: don't play Candy Crush , do crack instead.
  9. Feb 6, 2014
    This game is just a money-grabbing attempt of the match-three genre. Not to mention the poor practices of its company in blocking trademark requests because of the word "saga."
  10. Jan 29, 2014
    They want to trademark "candy" and "saga?" Immediate 0 review. Horrible company practices. I'm going to continue the quote train because I agree.

TheMightyCthulh: "The fact that King.com is serving orders to game companies around the world, disallowing them from using the individual words "candy" or "saga" (and I assume "crush", too) in their game titles, even when the games are
    COMPLETELY unrelated, has inspired me to never play their games again." Expand
  11. Jan 27, 2014
    Candy Crush Saga is King.com Limited's first (and biggest) hit, and it's basically a free-to-play(?) rip-off of Bejeweled and other match-three games. The visuals are just ok. They do the job just fine, with each jewel being recognizable easily on even the smallest screen. The character design is a little weird, but it doesn't matter that much, because these games aren't played for their story. The soundtrack is quite repetitive and bland Facebook game-esque music, and the sound effects can be annoying at times.
    The game "would" play fine, with lots of mechanics introduced to shake things up. I say would because there are lots of the usual free-to-play "traps". Charging for power-ups and making certain levels extremely hard/luck-based without them are usual things that one can expect, but there is one feature that single-handledly breaks the game: lives. This horrendously implemented system gives you a limited number of lives at the start of the game. Each time you fail to complete the given objective of the level, you lose a life. When you lose them all, it's a game over...literally. You've to wait a certain amount of time in order to continue playing, and recharging all your 5 lives takes way too much time. You have also the option of buying them. Not a "unlimited lives pass", no. You have to buy EACH LIFE separately. This makes what would have been a decent if unoriginal time killer into a complete waste of game. The worst part is that almost (if not) every title of them has the same system, that causes the same problems. With so many better offerings (including any title in PopCap's Bejeweled series), there is no reason to lose precious time in winning what are 400 tedious levels.
  12. Jan 26, 2014
    Let me use this quotation:"The fact that King.com is serving orders to game companies around the world, disallowing them from using the individual words "candy" or "saga" (and I assume "crush", too) in their game titles, even when the games are COMPLETELY unrelated, has inspired me to never play their games again." Their greed for gold beats even that of the dragons.
  13. Jan 24, 2014
    King.com thinks that it's ok to disallow other games to use words "candy" or "saga". No, it's not ok. This game sucks. They should delete it from every single place around the web so no one have play this "game" which main task is to steal all your money.
  14. Jan 24, 2014
    Let me use this qutation:
  15. Jan 23, 2014
    Sometimes you can judge a game off its content alone... sometimes you have to judge a game by the actions of its creators. King ltd. the creators, are bullying a wide range of other developers using unethical means. I simply cannot, in good faith, render a positive rating to a game made using bad behavior.
  16. Jan 23, 2014
    The fact that King.com is serving orders to game companies around the world, disallowing them from using the individual words "candy" or "saga" (and I assume "crush", too) in their game titles, even when the games are COMPLETELY unrelated, has inspired me to never play their games again. For more information, and how a completely unrelated game (The Banner Saga sequel) is being blocked by King.com, see the news article on IGN or do a search on Google.

I urge anyone else concerned by this practice to make their voices heard, whether via reviews like this on Metacritic, or the App Store, or elsewhere. This game, and King.com, gets a 1/10 from me.
  17. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Trash. This game has been made thousands of times already, candy and everything. It's a match-3 game, which are pumped out by the thousands every few years, and this game adds nothing new and nothing special. It seems to draw to a crowd of people who have never heard of video games before and think that this is something new and exciting that they should spend every day playing. It seems to brainwash people into liking it by making a huge deal, like it's something new, commercials, internet ads, and they even TRADEMARKED the word "Candy".
    Don't be sucked in to what this game does to you. It is not good or unique.
  18. Jan 4, 2014
    you are worst cheaters ever!!!!! i paid to score one point first £0.69, then £0.69 then £1.49, £1.49 and more and more and more!!! for one point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fy!c!!!!!
    regards B.
  19. Dec 18, 2013
    I've played this game both in iOS and Android. I think that it's a great game. It's challenging mind and mostly, it looks delicious! But bejeweled game are better than Candy Crush Saga because it always make me hungry.
  20. Dec 16, 2013
    Candy Crush is a massive & tasty hit. Absolutely enjoyable and very entertaining. Nothing too too special and nothing less than special, just a simple but surprisingly super fun riddle-like game.
  21. Dec 11, 2013
    This game sucks! Imagine being sucked up by a black hole. You could just spend a dollar buying some useless power-ups, charms and life. It's obvious that you could just waste 30 minutes playing it. The music was so short, that you could just find a music to replace it. The game play is almost impossible. You could try crushing, crushing and crushing for the whole 30 minutes. But the graphic and the graphic effects were good. The SFX is not bad though. Expand
  22. AGK
    Dec 8, 2013
    Am I the only one who hasn't been sucked in to this money-hungry piece of crap? it must seem so since I put up the first negative review for this game. how is this game so addictive? it's basically bejeweled, play that! not this crap! I just want to punch the maker of this game so hard in the face that his skull would shatter! play some good iPhone games like Jetpack Joyride or Face fighter but not this joke for a game! Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2013
    A moderately addictive match-three game. The special pieces have nice mechanics, but the things that get in your way are often piled too high against you, and winning a level becomes a matter of just playing it over and over again until the RNG happens to give you a super good set of drops so that you can win. In that way, it doesn't strike me as very good design, but it also kept me interested until level 102, so I guess it's a good enough design. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    I downloaded this game recently. At first I was questioning whether or not I would have time to play it as I just bought my new PS4 with Kill Zone. However, now I'm struggling to find time for the PS4. The graphics on this game rivals next-gen graphics, and the soundtrack is brilliant. It feels like I'm watching a movie every time I play. The 64-player multi-player is also fantastic. My friend and I are always trying to find new tactics to bring down the candy pieces.
    Recommended I look forward to the sequel!
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    It's a really addicting game, and a fun one as well, but the one downside is the lives. Why do the app makers have to result to finding a way to make more money? You basically have to pay to keep playing if you lose a level after a while. Either that, or you have some really patient and nice Facebook friends that'll get you out of the hole!
  26. May 20, 2013
    DON'T START TO PLAY IT!!!. if you don't have time, it is a really addicted one, I was at the middle of my univ exam when I installed it in my phone and I just started to play 247. two times un-installed with no success.
    now I am playing it on my Laptop and desktop even.
  27. Mar 9, 2013
    I started playing because a friend "invited" me to play. I started to play, and didnt realize how much time actually passed before I ran out of "lives". If you've played Bejeweled, or Sweet Tooth on pogo.com and enjoyed it, this game is right up your alley.
  28. Feb 7, 2013
    I can't stop playing this game. It's so addictive and I just want to get through all the puzzles. However minus 2 points because the amount of money they charge for things is ridiculously expensive. I guess I just have to wait for friends to help me out....
  29. Feb 7, 2013

1. Oct 30, 2013
    Candy Crush Saga has become a massive hit not only because it's free and fun, but because it provides a great value with well-balanced gameplay mechanics.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Candy Crush Saga (Free,Universal) is a tasty treat that delivers so much to enjoy, that you might get cavities.
  3. Mar 17, 2013
    Candy Crush Saga is a fun, simple puzzle game, with lots of different missions but a few too many IAPs.