Card Wars - Adventure Time iOS

3.7

1. Feb 27, 2014
    The pay to play model used is a massive disservice to the franchise of a fine show, to the developers of an otherwise good game, to the video game industry, and above all to the fans and would-be customers. You make people pay $3.99 for the game without any indication that they would potentially have to pay more money later. This is incredibly dishonest and greedy and shouldn't even beThe pay to play model used is a massive disservice to the franchise of a fine show, to the developers of an otherwise good game, to the video game industry, and above all to the fans and would-be customers. You make people pay $3.99 for the game without any indication that they would potentially have to pay more money later. This is incredibly dishonest and greedy and shouldn't even be legal. If there are going to be pay to play fees then it should be free to start. Although honestly I would much rather pay $10-15 for a complete game to begin with.

This is an anti-consumer money grab and its not at all mathematical.
  2. Feb 22, 2014
    The in app purchases in this game make it absolutely terrible to play. You pay gems for energy, cards, retrying levels, etc. Another potentially great game destroyed by in app purchases. The concept is good and the gameplay entertaining which is why I'm giving it 1.
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    Disgusting. Pay-to-play app that charges up front. This is a terrible trend in mobile gaming: half-baked tie-ins to gaming/tv/movie franchises that are simply made to gouge fans. I feel sorry for the devs whose work is ruined by this kind of short-sighted greed.
  4. Apr 11, 2014
    While the game has a large amount of potential it is ruined by the use of micro transactions. The whole game is pay to win and almost impossible to play without accepting the micro transactions. Don't buy this!
  5. Apr 14, 2014
    Card Wars is atrocious. It's a major cash grab. For something you paid 3.99 for it wants you to play through the nose for it. It's dumb, slow and you need to pay to proceed! Don't buy at all. It's a fine show but a horrible game.
  6. May 23, 2014
    This game is super fun and addictive.
    I was genuinely impressed how well they came up with fun an functioning card game from a few min of a show.
    Not sure why so much negativity about the microtransactions though. Sure, you *can* buy packs and whatnot, but you don't have to, and it's not necessary. You can the ability to get packs and whatnot just by playing the game. I've spent 30+
    This game is super fun and addictive.
    Not sure why so much negativity about the microtransactions though.
    You can the ability to get packs and whatnot just by playing the game.
    I've spent 30+ hours playing with zero microtransactions.

It's super fun. Don't worry about the microtransactions.
  7. Jun 22, 2014
    I don't understand the rage about iap. Every app that contains these says so in the app store. Yes if you want to speed things up or get more faster there's the option to spend money but it's really not that lengthy a time to wait and you get all your hearts recovered after completing a level. Great fun, good soundtrack, a little glitchy in clicking sometimes but cute, enjoyable game thatI don't understand the rage about iap. Every app that contains these says so in the app store. Yes if you want to speed things up or get more faster there's the option to spend money but it's really not that lengthy a time to wait and you get all your hearts recovered after completing a level. Great fun, good soundtrack, a little glitchy in clicking sometimes but cute, enjoyable game that I have not felt the need to throw money after in order to play and enjoy. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2014
    The people who gave 0s and 1s are too biased and don't know what a truly horrible game is. Firstly, the gameplay is decent as stated by boingMan (yet he gave it a 1?). It's a fun "pick up and play a few rounds" type of game not meant for long sessions. Single player is entirely enjoyable without micro transaction. My pvp experience was also fair. I'd call it an above average gameThe people who gave 0s and 1s are too biased and don't know what a truly horrible game is. Firstly, the gameplay is decent as stated by boingMan (yet he gave it a 1?). It's a fun "pick up and play a few rounds" type of game not meant for long sessions. Single player is entirely enjoyable without micro transaction. My pvp experience was also fair. I'd call it an above average game especially coming from an already established franchise where they could have just made no effort. While i do admit micro transactions are the only thing keeping this game form attaining a higher score, but hey what can you do cartoon network gotta get their money back somehow. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2014
    This is a good game except that you need to buy alot of hearts (e.g. costly). Puzzles like Smartball Gravity Games or Glow Puzzle is better that way as they are truly free. I still give it 9 as it beats many repetitive games that quickly become boring.
  10. Mar 15, 2015
    This game is a great concept, but is ruined by very frustrating bugs due to poor implementation. While pay-to-play gets a lot of complaints, that is not the major problem. The major problem is that even if you are willing to pay, you often lose what you have acquired due to software glitches. Twice I have purchased gems and opened Algebraic chest and gotten excellent cards (gold legion ofThis game is a great concept, but is ruined by very frustrating bugs due to poor implementation. While pay-to-play gets a lot of complaints, that is not the major problem. The major problem is that even if you are willing to pay, you often lose what you have acquired due to software glitches. Twice I have purchased gems and opened Algebraic chest and gotten excellent cards (gold legion of earlings, gold corn ronin). I played with them for more than a week. Then at one point when I returned to the app after suspending it, it rebooted and when it came back my gems were restored and all of my cards were lost. This has happened twice and it is a major source of frustration. I am fine with in-game purchases, but they need to be implemented in a professional way so you don't pay for things and then just lose them. Shame on the developers for doing such a poor job. Expand

1. Mar 3, 2014
    In the end, if you enjoy Adventure Time and especially if you’ve seen the episode this game is based on, there’s a nice little game to enjoy here.
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    Card Wars – Adventure Time isn’t perfect, but as Finn and Jake might say, it’s a lot closer to being a cool guy than a dweeb. And no one likes being called a dweeb.
  3. Feb 20, 2014
    A solid CCG, Card Wars – Adventure Time unfortunately undermines itself with poor implementation of its in-app purchases.