3.3

1. Jul 8, 2014
    So they wanted to grab another amount of cash from iOS users and came with a great idea - why not take a 6 years old console game, and just port it to iOS devices? excellent idea!
    Its the save game as CIV revolution 1 but with console graphics. Costs 15$
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    This is an absolute joke... An iOS port from the 7th generation of consoles that took four years to make... It plays exactly like the first Civilization Revolution. No improvements, no bug fixes, the computer players still cheat half the time... Wow.
  3. Jul 14, 2014
    Horribly disappointing cash grab, not worth a single euro. If you are a Civ fan like me that owns all the games and you bought this game on good faith of the Sid Meier name then you will be gutted too to find out that 2K could release such a product. I am very weary now of Beyond Earth and will definately wait for a sale on that since apparently the Sid Meier name doesn't mean much anymore.
  4. Jul 29, 2014
    Set apart from that it is a port, its not the first game in the series and that its quite "pricey"... well, its Civilization!
    If youre a fan (like me) its not much new, maybe its a little smoother in running and experience. The price isnt bad compared to PC civ games that used to cost 3 times as much, but compared to all the "free" alternatives they might want to reconsider to use IAP to
    generate cash instead of upfront payment.

Anyway, if you are new til Civilization its certainly worth the money and time to check it out!
  5. Jul 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Couple of comments. The time periods go by too damned fast. Make a move, next movr might show up several hundred years later. Needs to be slowed down quite a bit. Still have old units in year 2000+. Last comment is irritating. I've researched Leonardo's Workshop and all units are NOT upgraded. Example, catapults should have been upgraded to cannons, but remain catapults after research completed. Please SLOW the time periods down. Other than those comments, I enjoy the game Expand

A solid mobile game, a shoddy Civ game. It gets boring after a measly two hours session, which is a subpar effort for this type of game. [Issue#244]
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    No multiplayer is a blow, but this off-shoot's return is otherwise compelling. [Oct 2014, p.67]
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    I am certainly not disillusioned by the fact that I only get a Civ light on the tablet. But rather by the little progress the game has made in five years and the price politics: You’ll get the in most aspects better predecessor for free. And while you’re at it, you might want to check out Desert Fox, Eclipse or Ravenmark.