6.7

1. Jan 25, 2013
    Warning to those potential gem buyers! I wanted to get more out of the game so i bought some gems to get more builder huts. The price for the hut was 500 so I got 1200 gems for two. The game scams you by selling the first hut at 500 and asks for 1000 for the second. What the hell? The prices of all the other buildings don't change when you buy more. This is totally betraying your players. Now I am stuck with 500 useless gems. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2014
    It's very addicting since the Clan Wars update is released. However, you don't win clan wars without clear and concise clan communication. As the chat tab in the game is limited, we use Clan Wars Assist to help communicate strategy. Generally speaking, it's an amazing game.
  3. Jan 19, 2013
    I enjoy this game so much. Simple to play, it's an addicting little game that will pull you in as soon, especially after you build the infamous "Clan Castle". It's definitely worthy download if you have time to play it, because trust me, you'll be checking on your village every ten minutes...almost annoyingly addictive, I can't seem to quit playing.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    If you are in to tower defense and strategy games then this is a good game for you. I'm on it all most every day playing it. and very sociable with the chat system that's built into the game were you can chat with people and build up your clan.
  5. May 27, 2013
    I like this game alot. In the beginning, the game is discouraging, because your village stinks. But, once you upgrade things and make your village look awesome, the game redeems itself. You can buy gems to upgrade more things in your village, but I prefer to go gem-free. Buying upgrades with money takes the fun out of it for me. Once you rebuild the clan castle, you can get into a clan. Clan members can donate troops to you and you can talk in a clan chat. All in all, a fun game, but one that requires patience Expand
  6. May 31, 2013
    I gave it a fairly low score because it was just another typical free to play game. Making you wait days on end for something to be upgraded. Clans are almost pointless. But there is something to be enjoyed in this game. The positives are that you can watch replays your village being attacked, chat with friends and use a variety of troops and units.
    The negatives are the fact that your
    troops cannot be used again whether they survive the battle or not, long wait times (I understand that there are games that do this too like simpsons tapped out but this was pretty bad) clans don't have much to them besides donating troops, leagues are no better, and you cannot control your soldiers. I understand that a lot of people enjoy this game so if you disagree with me please try to keep an open mind and remember that this is my opinion. Expand
  7. Dec 14, 2013
    It starts out as a bore, then when it begins to harness some fun' succumbs into that field of boredom once more. As a strategy game, it's okay. But as originality and freshness goes, this hits rock bottom.
  8. Feb 22, 2014
    Calling Clash of Clans a game is a bit forced. Yes, it looks and plays like a game, but as far as the overall mechanics and balance; this is nothing more than congealed dog **** The game starts fine and functions correctly up until around level 20-30. At this point the game fights you at almost every opportunity and literally punishes you for not playing it.

Let's start with the
    overwhelming balance issues with this game. First, Hog Riders are the end-all cure for any defense. Period. Despite being released into the game on such a broken, overpowered level, the developers then decided to buff them. Because why do things that make sense.

Next on the list is completely broken and useless Jump Potion. The intent of this potion is to allow your units to jump over walls. An interesting idea in concept, but one that was horribly executed, mainly due to the game's terribly retarded AI. Speaking of the game's AI -it's **** Units that would rather shoot individual walls rather than team up and, god forbid, be effective at belonging to a team. Units that would sooner attack an Army Camp than the defense pelting it with death. I'd say the game's AI is non-existent, but the fact that the units do move on their own is counter to that. The AI is nothing short of completely horrid.

Aside from the unit balances, the rest of the game (regarding build-ables/place-ables (buildings/units respectively)) is pretty balanced. The next big issue this game has is with it's currency system. This system they have in place is a true wonder of the gaming world in terms of redefining terms like **** 'unbalanced', and 'nonsensical'.

Starting with the Paid Currency, Gems, we can already see the true message this dev team sends to it's gamers, and that message is **** YOU". The conversion rates from real-world money into Gems is, well...let me phrase it like this; You put in a dollar and they give you back a Nickle...and herpes. So you're foolish enough to fall into the old F2P 'money-trap', fine, but how far can those Gems get you? Nowhere. I'm not exaggerating, they get you literally nowhere. The price cost of Gems in-game is just as unforgiving. There is absolutely no reason to give these dev's money, not with them doubling down on ****ing you over for being generous enough to donate your money to them.

The other problem this game has with it's currency revolves around the other three, earned in-game currencies; Gold, Elixer, and Dark Elixer. These are easy enough to obtain, but the dev's again decided to screw over the gamer by adding in multiple exponential increases in building costs. You may upgrade, let's say an Archer Tower, for an extra, let's say 5 DPS (damage per second), at a cost of, let's say 50,000 Gold. The next upgrade for that Archer tower will add 3 DPS, at a cost of 350,000 Gold. I know what you're thinking, "That doesn't make any ****ing sense", you're absolutely right. This continues to increase in a ridiculous manner until your game slows to a crawls, then a paraplegic crawl, and then finally your game halts to a stop. You may think you can supplement this horrid design flaw with a kind donation and gems, but unless you're fond of being raped by a pine-cone then this is obviously not an option because as stated above, the dev's **** the bed here too.

On to how this game punishes you for not playing. Your village/base moves in and out of two states; shield active, and shield in-active. You can only be attacked when you're shield isn't active. This is where the most glaring design flaw eclipses the rest of the game. There is no restrictions on who can attack you, unless you're logged in and constantly playing the game, in which case only people around your level can attack you. Since we all have live outside this ****ty game, this leads to you essentially climbing an insurmountable wall to gain resources for upgrades with the game's Dev's and other players simultaneously **** on you. If you're level 30 and you're so close to that next upgrade, you spent hours re-arranging your base so that no one your level would dare attack it...when you log out, someone level, oh let's be generous here and say someone level 110 attacks you and takes all your **** because your defenses are paper to their troops, guess what? It's your fault for not playing the game. That's your punishment for having a life.

This game is absolute **** and not worth your time. From the horrible balance issue, flawed AI, and currency spikes, to the horrible conversion rates...this game fights you to enjoy it every step of the way.
  9. Jul 30, 2013
    CLASH OF CLANS it is the best game recorded in the history of humanity it is great i would recommend it to any one It is packed with action and excitement if you don't have it GET IT
  10. Aug 11, 2013
    This is the by far the best city building game I have ever played. with most city builders and I, i play them for a 2 weeks-1 month but not with clash of clans with monthly updates supercell has gone above and beyond with clash of clans keeping myself and other clashers involved aside from having to wait days for things to finish those waits are 100% for it i'd defiantly get it. plus it's free.
  11. Oct 1, 2013
    Well ok, this is probably the best free game on the app store. For something so simple, its incredibly fun and very hard to put down. The game becomes more epic as you build up your base, train stronger armies and fighter tougher people. The downside? It becomes slower and slower the further you progress. Town Hall upgrades take more than a week, all upgrades take days, and training takes hours.
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Clash of Clans is incredibly addictive but loses its freshness after a few days in. The concept of world-building and interactions with other players is fantastic and fully realized, and I loved tearing apart enemy forts with my legions of barbarians. However, the problem the game is not in the gameplay, but in the time. After a certain point, it takes multiple days to build or upgrade necessary structures, therefore making it impossible to progress without tediously waiting for your builders to finish their tasks. This is clearly a marketing ploy for the player to buy gems which can be used to hire more builders and speed up construction. Advertising as blatantly obvious as this really ruin the enjoyment of the game and prevents me from constantly coming back to my kingdom. Instead, I buy the upgrade and ignore the game until I get notified days later that the construction was completed or my fort had been decimated by a much more powerful player. In the end, Clash of Clans is definitely worth the download and will undeniably suck you in. However, any lasting impression or immersion is lost as soon as the time increments between building projects rise, making the app more focused on profit than the actual experience.

6.5/10
  13. Oct 17, 2014
    WARNING
    The game is currently broken due to loot issues.
    Nothing has been done to fix the issue in several months.
    If you spend any gems on this game, be prepared to feel sorry about it when you hit a brick wall around th9 -10 and realise this.
    Clicking on the "next" button for twenty minutes to find a base worth raiding is just so much fun.
  14. May 1, 2014
    Clash of clans is not the best app their is . I wish they can something less boring like more fighting hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I do not understand what is wrong with apps these days
  15. Jun 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The AI is crap and won't always go for the stuff that is killing it but it is overpowered in a horde. It also has a huge upgrade price that makes your maxed out collectors do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Expand
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    Strip off the cool cover of the game and you get this: build this, speed it up with gems, train that, speed it up with MORE GEMS. If you have a jail broken device, I would recommend this, because you can get 15000 gems in 20 seconds and become the Mr. Hyde of this game, crazy, and in twenty minutes, have a huge base, but other than that make sure to steer CLEAR away from the game, the godfather of Pay-2-win games. Expand
  17. Sep 9, 2014
    My son has this game and got hacked, the hacker used all his gems. I have tried to get Supercell to give him some gems as he spent a lot of his own money buying them. They have been giving me the run around since July. They just dont want to help. I keep getting responses from different people asking me the same questions. I would suggest that parents do not let children buy gems and if you have any problems you have no chance of any help from not so super Supercell. Expand
  18. Aug 21, 2014
    A really creative and fun tower defense game until you get into the high levels, where it's all punishment and hell with Hog Riders ruining the game. Just be aware of that.
  19. Jul 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is typically free to play and the game is look like your playing a command and conquer game.The good thing in this game your updated when you don't have a connection and alerts when their are notifications when their something happened to your base.The characters have now new levels and new fixed stats.One of the discouraging character was fixed due to the complaints and now in the present days the character is fully functional.The game also have new building,characters, and etc. Expand
  20. Oct 17, 2013
    Love this game totally addictive and simple to play. Easy to pick up and play on the move doesn't take up too much time unless you want it to. Frustratingly addictive!
  21. Dec 5, 2013
    Copies heavily from Backyard Monsters, but manages to surpass it! The graphics style is not for everyone, but the game is very addicting. The AI is really bad, though. Simple and good in small doses a great mobile game.
  22. Nov 16, 2014
    I have not suffered from the "lack of loot" issue some hardcore players are experiencing (YET). I think it's a very fun and addictive game and you can do fine at this game even without spending money (but that's my opinion).
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    This is the best game ever. If you love tower defense, and strategy games, this is the game for you. Furthermore, this game allows you to chat with people online, or privately, allowing you to not get bored
  24. Oct 19, 2014
    Pros: 1: Great way to pass the time 2: Great stragety game 3: Free 4: Great attacking 5: Great defending 6: Love the Clans 7: Love the Clan Wars 8: When you buy gems, you get them right away! Cons: 1: Upgrading buildings and troops takes way too long! 2: Upgrading buildings and troops cost way too much! 3: If you don't use gems on your producers, it takes a while to get gold/elixer/dark elixer
    4: Some troops take too long to train (EX: Dragon, Peeka)
    5: Buying more huts is a rip off. First one is 500, second is 1000, third is 1500, fourth is 2000, and the fifth one is 2500!

Even though this game has its cons, I still suggest getting this game, for I, and the other 50 million people who have this game downloaded, love it.
  25. Apr 9, 2014
    A quick spoiler free Honest Review of "Clash Of Clans"
    Gameplay: The gameplay of Clash Of Clans is pretty meh. Building your base is boring at first and it takes too much time, especially if you start to upgrade something most of the time you need to wait about 55min and it will be ready... or you could pay for it! The game likes to throw micro transaction at your face, so if you don't
    have money you're going to have a bad time. Overall the gameplay is decent but gets boring 6.0/10

Multiplayer: The multiplayer is the main reason why i thought that the game was fun, the MP is addictive and fun but the micro transactions are still a big annoying problem. I don't want to spoil the fun of the multiplayer so i'm just going to say, it's good but nothing spectacular 7.0/10

Graphics: The graphics are nice and colorful, the characters look smooth and creative and the "buildings" look nice. Some of the attacking animations are quite lame but nothing is perfect. I like the cartoony style and the character designs but the attacking animations are really clunky imo, it's nothing too amazing but it isn't bad either. 7.0/10

Sound: The theme song is great, i like the "epic" style of it. The sound effects in the game are funny and i like them, the sounds fit the game really well and i really don't know what to say anymore. The lack of individual songs and actual voice acting is the only problem i have with it... But it's a pretty big "problem" It's not "great" but it's not bad either 7.0

Overall: 6,75/10 It's almost "Good" but it's mostly just decent. I don't hate it but i wouldn't waste my own time playing it, it's boring and repeative but it has good multiplayer and graphics. I would reccommend it if you like casual games that consume a lot of time, otherwise no. The game is full of micro transactions and useless waiting. It has good multiplayer and charming graphics but thats about it. But that's just my honest opinion in my honest review.
  26. Jun 9, 2014
    Now here is a nice fun simulation game to check out on iOS! Clash of Clans doesn't have too much to it which is nice because I don't want anything too complex in a game I can play on my IPod Touch. It has good online features and it can be fun to destroy other villages and take their treasures! It's not perfect, but it is fun and I do recommend this game if you're into that type of thing.
  27. Mar 31, 2014
    Clash of clans it's a very nice game, the graphic is awesome for a ios game and leveling, you always have new things. I absolutely advise this game....a negative thing is that the gems are too expensive and usefull
  28. Apr 9, 2014
    Bam!!This game comes out in 2012 and it is rollin'!! I have this game and I think it's extremely fun. I don't care about the other users but you guys can't change my opinion. This game is strategic somewhat. My only concern is that sometimes it lags.
  29. May 12, 2014
    A drug. actually the Best casual game, i enjoy this game each day. This game will captivate you.
    Graphics: 6/10 Realism: 6/10 Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Price 10/10 Multiplayer: 7/10 In-Game Purchases: 6/10
  30. Jul 3, 2014
    I consider this game as "strategy pretender" (copyright!!!!!), what does that mean? Well it can be said about a game that technically counts as a strategy game but it's actual purpose is to milk the **** out of your wallet. So, when you consider it as a "strategy pretender" is the game any good?

Well yes and no. The game could be damn good if it was released on a pc and was a fully paid
    strategy game like civilization 5, not a "free to play" type. But as a (sigh) "free to play" title (face palm) it accomplishes what all free to play games should accomplish: It's a fun game that makes you have fun and spend money for it.

But in the final verdict, i cannon't stop thinking that this game could be 8/10 or 9/10 if fully realized.
  31. May 28, 2014
    Clash of Clans is okay, I guess. What you get is a village to control, attacks in which you can get a vague idea of what strategy is, but it doesn't have the epicness of most war/strategy games.
  32. Jun 15, 2014
    It is free, it is fun, and it is (currently) the best MOBILE stradegy game. PC has AoE III and iOS has Clash of Clans. Also when this game became availabe, it's user fan base grew by 20%
  33. Jul 14, 2014
    Addictive game, but cunningly crafted to tempt you to spend lots of £$£$£$£.
    Initially the game speed is pretty quick, you get to build your base, upgrade units, etc, you're fairly busy and it's great fun. By level 5, 6 or 7 it will take a day for more to upgrade almost anything. 2 days for your main base.
    Can you speed it up? sure, get your wallet out and buy gems.
    If you don't, you
    find you are forced to play it less and less and less because you can only build two things at once. Want to build 3 things at once? That's £2.99 please.
    Want to rush your gold mine upgrade and free up one of your two builders? £2.99 please.
    And no real point raiding other people while you're upgrading because the gold and elixir you steal will just sit there and make you a target for someone else.
    These games are made with one motive in mind - draw you in and get you to spend real money over and over again.
  34. Aug 18, 2014
    Fun but no endgame. Clash is an entertaining distraction, but after a few weeks the game becomes repetitive and uninspiring. You need to spend money on gems to be competitive.
  35. Aug 22, 2014
    I love this game. I am sick of the connection problems during battle thought. Its a very addicting game and that's coming from someone who doesn't play games haha.
  36. Oct 24, 2014
    with the availability of loot gained by attacks getting harder to find the burn out factor is increasing i find it getting harder to waist time and the loot i have looking for it. I like a fool spent a great deal of money on this game, so don't be a fool don't spend any money on this game you will get burn out and just stop playing the game and are left with just the loss of the money.
  37. Nov 5, 2014
    ime note rally inteo thas knida of gmae. its nott as naeley as gewde as clanch of clams,aslo for ios. but it is suche a gewd shooter becaws of the cintrols.
  38. Nov 16, 2014
    Almost as addictive as reddit, now That's scary. 10/10 And since it has to be 150 characters this is a random sentence that really has no meaning but I'm putting anyway because I feel like writing a review.

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Clash of Clans is a decent casual game that doesn't bring anything new to the genre, just like many others available on the App Store.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Those looking for an opportunity to build a world, while destroying someone else's, will find Clash of Clans a very appealing package with surprisingly deep layers of strategy to dig through.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    This game delivers as much bangs for buck as you want. The in-game purchasing system is designed very nicely, if you want to continue playing with fast pace, the only way to do this is to use real money. Although the game mechanics are quite simplistic, Clash of Clans gets you on the hook. If Farmville is your weapon of choice, you can't go wrong with this one. [Oct 2012] (