7.1

1. Jan 25, 2013
    Warning to those potential gem buyers! I wanted to get more out of the game so i bought some gems to get more builder huts. The price for the hut was 500 so I got 1200 gems for two. The game scams you by selling the first hut at 500 and asks for 1000 for the second. What the hell? The prices of all the other buildings don't change when you buy more. This is totally betraying your players. Now I am stuck with 500 useless gems. Expand
  2. May 31, 2013
    I gave it a fairly low score because it was just another typical free to play game. Making you wait days on end for something to be upgraded. Clans are almost pointless. But there is something to be enjoyed in this game. The positives are that you can watch replays your village being attacked, chat with friends and use a variety of troops and units.
    The negatives are the fact that your
    troops cannot be used again whether they survive the battle or not, long wait times (I understand that there are games that do this too like simpsons tapped out but this was pretty bad) clans don't have much to them besides donating troops, leagues are no better, and you cannot control your soldiers. I understand that a lot of people enjoy this game so if you disagree with me please try to keep an open mind and remember that this is my opinion. Expand
  3. Feb 22, 2014
    Calling Clash of Clans a game is a bit forced. Yes, it looks and plays like a game, but as far as the overall mechanics and balance; this is nothing more than congealed dog **** The game starts fine and functions correctly up until around level 20-30. At this point the game fights you at almost every opportunity and literally punishes you for not playing it.

Let's start with the
    overwhelming balance issues with this game. First, Hog Riders are the end-all cure for any defense. Period. Despite being released into the game on such a broken, overpowered level, the developers then decided to buff them. Because why do things that make sense.

Next on the list is completely broken and useless Jump Potion. The intent of this potion is to allow your units to jump over walls. An interesting idea in concept, but one that was horribly executed, mainly due to the game's terribly retarded AI. Speaking of the game's AI -it's **** Units that would rather shoot individual walls rather than team up and, god forbid, be effective at belonging to a team. Units that would sooner attack an Army Camp than the defense pelting it with death. I'd say the game's AI is non-existent, but the fact that the units do move on their own is counter to that. The AI is nothing short of completely horrid.

Aside from the unit balances, the rest of the game (regarding build-ables/place-ables (buildings/units respectively)) is pretty balanced. The next big issue this game has is with it's currency system. This system they have in place is a true wonder of the gaming world in terms of redefining terms like **** 'unbalanced', and 'nonsensical'.

Starting with the Paid Currency, Gems, we can already see the true message this dev team sends to it's gamers, and that message is **** YOU". The conversion rates from real-world money into Gems is, well...let me phrase it like this; You put in a dollar and they give you back a Nickle...and herpes. So you're foolish enough to fall into the old F2P 'money-trap', fine, but how far can those Gems get you? Nowhere. I'm not exaggerating, they get you literally nowhere. The price cost of Gems in-game is just as unforgiving. There is absolutely no reason to give these dev's money, not with them doubling down on ****ing you over for being generous enough to donate your money to them.

The other problem this game has with it's currency revolves around the other three, earned in-game currencies; Gold, Elixer, and Dark Elixer. These are easy enough to obtain, but the dev's again decided to screw over the gamer by adding in multiple exponential increases in building costs. You may upgrade, let's say an Archer Tower, for an extra, let's say 5 DPS (damage per second), at a cost of, let's say 50,000 Gold. The next upgrade for that Archer tower will add 3 DPS, at a cost of 350,000 Gold. I know what you're thinking, "That doesn't make any ****ing sense", you're absolutely right. This continues to increase in a ridiculous manner until your game slows to a crawls, then a paraplegic crawl, and then finally your game halts to a stop. You may think you can supplement this horrid design flaw with a kind donation and gems, but unless you're fond of being raped by a pine-cone then this is obviously not an option because as stated above, the dev's **** the bed here too.

On to how this game punishes you for not playing. Your village/base moves in and out of two states; shield active, and shield in-active. You can only be attacked when you're shield isn't active. This is where the most glaring design flaw eclipses the rest of the game. There is no restrictions on who can attack you, unless you're logged in and constantly playing the game, in which case only people around your level can attack you. Since we all have live outside this ****ty game, this leads to you essentially climbing an insurmountable wall to gain resources for upgrades with the game's Dev's and other players simultaneously **** on you. If you're level 30 and you're so close to that next upgrade, you spent hours re-arranging your base so that no one your level would dare attack it...when you log out, someone level, oh let's be generous here and say someone level 110 attacks you and takes all your **** because your defenses are paper to their troops, guess what? It's your fault for not playing the game. That's your punishment for having a life.

This game is absolute **** and not worth your time. From the horrible balance issue, flawed AI, and currency spikes, to the horrible conversion rates...this game fights you to enjoy it every step of the way.
  4. Dec 14, 2013
    It starts out as a bore, then when it begins to harness some fun' succumbs into that field of boredom once more. As a strategy game, it's okay. But as originality and freshness goes, this hits rock bottom.
  5. May 1, 2014
    Clash of clans is not the best app their is . I wish they can something less boring like more fighting hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I do not understand what is wrong with apps these days

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Clash of Clans is a decent casual game that doesn't bring anything new to the genre, just like many others available on the App Store.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Those looking for an opportunity to build a world, while destroying someone else's, will find Clash of Clans a very appealing package with surprisingly deep layers of strategy to dig through.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    This game delivers as much bangs for buck as you want. The in-game purchasing system is designed very nicely, if you want to continue playing with fast pace, the only way to do this is to use real money. Although the game mechanics are quite simplistic, Clash of Clans gets you on the hook. If Farmville is your weapon of choice, you can't go wrong with this one. [Oct 2012] (