5.2

1. Apr 28, 2011
    Coin Drop is a glorified flash game that doesn't deserve anywhere near a "100" on Metacritic. Personally I think they should remove mobile games from the "Top Games" list until the reviewers actually use reviewing standards as opposed to giving a 10/10 to anything that entertains them for 10 minutes.
  2. Apr 28, 2011
    Don't buy this as a gamer expecting the depth of a triple A title. It's a bit of fun for fifteen minutes on public transport, good for killing boredom, that is all. A ten out of ten score represents a game that will endure the test of time and stay in peoples memories. This application will be forgotten about in a few months.
  3. Z-U
    May 3, 2011
    moarx is wrong on this one. This is not simply a glorified flash game at all. Its a very nice blend of skill and luck that culminates in something deeply fun and if you like games like thing s like Peggle, Coin Dozer and even a little bit of Angry Birds thrown into the mix, then you'll get this. Throughly enjoyable and worth the asking price no question. Shame that some trolls who have a massive down on the whole "phone games aren't real game" nonsense can't see past the idea that maybe all I want is a ten minute blast. Actually this has hours of satisfying game play so don't get hung up on this "Core Gamer vs Non-Core Gamer" lark. I'm marking this a 10 because I need to counter the 0 given by moarx. But in reality its an 8-9. $1.00? Well worth it. Congratulations to full fat games. Lovin' your work. Right - I'm going to have a blast at "Flick Golf" too. Expand
  4. May 11, 2011
    I see both sides of this argument. Will this go down in history along side classic puzzlers like Tetris etc? Probably not. Is it a nicely packaged mobile game with hints of Peggle and Lucky Coins etc? Yep. The most important thing for me is that this game is fun, aesthetically pleasing and presents enough of a challenge to keep me interested enough to 3-star every level. So what if I play it on public transport to pass the time - the fact that I'm currently choosing this title over the 20+ other games of varying quality on my iPhone tells me that it must be a decent game. Definitely doesn't deserve a zero but that's the internet for you. Loaded with experts. Expand
  5. Apr 29, 2011
    This game is very good. No way it deserves a zero user review. It's unfair to blame the developers by leaving a bad user review because of the way Metacritic categorizes it's charts, or because of the review sites Metacritic lists to calculate the final score. Neither of these are influenced by the game or the game's creators.
  6. May 2, 2011
    I think this a fabulously done game, with amazing cartoony graphics and a good sense of difficulty. to everyone giving it one's because it isn't a console game; stop whining. If you appreciate video games, you can appreciate Coin Drop.
  7. May 13, 2011
    A blatant and inferior Peggle clone. 90% for all of about an hours (occasionally) broken gameplay. About as much fun as tossing coins. Go buy the original instead and steer clear of this gaudy imposter.

1. May 16, 2011
    While the game resembles Peggle in that it's also clearly inspired by pachinko, levels of Coin Drop! are more complex than anything in PopCap's game.
  2. May 11, 2011
    Coin Drop may take inspiration from Peggle but it's far off from a cut-paste job. At $0.99, Full Fat's platformer is a fun little game that will bring smile on anyone's face, and should not be missed.
  3. May 8, 2011
    Coin Drop! is one of those casual games that you got to have on your iOS device. Alongside Peggle, Tiny Wings and Cut the Rope it is both a perfect five minute game, and a great four hour marathon game.