8.0

1. Mar 17, 2011
    I'm an avid player of puzzle games (Professor Layton, Myst Series) and I still find levels of this game a challenge, they have been releasing extra stages with new game play and difficulty ever since I picked it up and the game has only dropped in price since then. I've recommended this game to my friends and I often pass my phone with this game on it to iOS haters.
  2. Aug 2, 2011
    Next to Angry Birds, Cut The Rope is easily the second most-overhyped game for mobile devices. It's cheerful presentation and interesting puzzle mechanics make the early puzzles seem the perfect placeholder for when the world's parents step away from Farmville for a few moments. Casual? Yes certainly. Overhyped? Most definitely. Garbage? Not really, though it's by no means a great game. It is good for the most part, however, until the touch controls sink the later, tougher, levels. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2012
    Clever, fun, and very addicting. Cut The Rope has become one of the most popular game apps ever. And the reason is quite obvious. With over 250 levels of puzzles, the game is unforgettable from the very start. With a cute lovable monster keeping you motivated to feed him more and more candy, well put levels, and great graphics, this is one app, that you don't want to miss. It receives a well earned 9 from me. Expand
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    Pretty much a perfect mobile game for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. It makes excellent use of the touch-screen controls to create one heck of a fun and addictive puzzle game. Casual gamers will love it for it's cute theme and pick up and play nature. Hardcore gamers will love it because of its addicting challenges and numerous levels. It really is just an incredibly satisfying game that is worth a download.

Gameplay consists of simply getting a piece of candy to an adorable little creature by cutting ropes with your finger. It starts just as simple as that, but as you progress it gets more and more challenging. The game is constantly throwing something new at you so the game always feels fresh no matter how long you play it. It might not be super challenging to get the candy to the creature, but the real challenge is collecting all three of the stars in the level. My only complaint with the game is that you have to collect a certain amount of start in order to unlock the next set of levels. It's only a minor issue and it doesn't become so until later in the game.

Overall this is a super excellent puzzle game that I can't recommend highly enough. It's addictive, charming, and fun. One of the best mobile games I've ever played.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    This has to be one of the most fun apps for .99 cents on the app store. I play everyday and i keep gaining more and more stars. The puzzles are amazing. They are just pure fun to solve unlike amazing breaker were you feel more stressed out. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes a good puzzle game.
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    It's fun, but it's certainly not difficult. I pretty much had no problems nabbing the three stars on each level. For a dollar, it's still fun and worth your time, but the only challenge in this game is trying to find any. Not that easy means bad, but you will breeze through it. I would still recommend the game.
  7. Jul 2, 2011
    Cut the Rope is a brilliant, quirky puzzle game that offers users something new on every level; no room for slow thinking here! Unlike some of its competitors, Cut the Rope really feels more rewarding the more you play it. I am yet to get bored of Cut the Rope, if I ever will. 9 out of 10.
  8. Jan 31, 2012
    Very vell designed, fun game. It's main advantage is a player's motivation. The moment you see this little monster you want to give him this darn candy and you feel genuine sadness if you don't manage to feed him (causes the long face)... It's kinda' incredible that only the cuteness of the character can influence the whole purpose of whether or not should I play the game.
    Many levels,
    many funny ideas. Unfortunately when I see so many levels I get bored after several hours. If there would be any kind of metagame in this (like in mooniacs) the game could easily get 9 or 10. Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2011
    All you need to know is: yes, it's really that good :) CTR is cute, easy to learn, difficult to master. I know two non-gamers who fell in love with Cut the Rope at first sight. It's a perfect mobile puzzle with something new to offer in each small package / level.
  10. Dec 14, 2011
    Omnom is a cute and charming character. No one can resist to say no to help this little friend get its candy. Addicting but simple. Recommended for kids and adults alike.
  11. Feb 2, 2012
    This is one of my personal favorites. It's one of the few games that gets extremely tough but you don't feel cheated or like the machanics are working against you. It has some amazing puzzels and the way this puzzel game is done is very unique, fun and addicting in a way that its just as difficult for an adult as it is for children. The app gets delivered updates on the regular and it's only $0.99', and it's worth all ninty-nine pennys and a 10. Expand
  12. Jun 2, 2012
    One of the best puzzle games I've ever played. It is so creative and charismatic! Advanced physics, cool graphics and more than 200 levels. I bought this game for my HTC for less than a pound (it is also available on Android) and I can assure you that it has enough levels and difficulty for keeping you playing for weeks. Every "box" has a different puzzle element to master, so the game never repeats the same challenge again. This app is a must have! Expand
  13. Dec 12, 2013
    "Cut the Rope" is somewhat similar to "Angry Birds". You progress to the next level by passing the previous level and you get a rank on how well you did on that level out of three stars. Personally, I enjoy this game more than "Angry Birds".
  14. Jun 28, 2012
    An enjoyable game that haves some clever puzzles, but overrated. The gameplay is simple and fun, and it haves some intelligent ideas, and the 2D graphics are perfect, but It gets boring. Overall, It's a nice pocket puzzle game that you will enjoy.
  15. Jan 17, 2013
    One of my favorite games and a best seller on the app store. Perfect graphics, challenging levels and the best designed character ever! The game get updated quite often so there is always time to spend on it.
  16. Dec 17, 2013
    An excellent puzzle game. It's got a great amount of variety, leaving you to think in new ways. The later levels are particularly challenging, mixing in the concepts of each of the boxes in diabolical ways that will leave your head scratching for hours. Cut the Rope is frantic when it forces timed challenges by throwing mice and spiders out for your candy, and when it has you switching gravity fields. There's a little bit of everything and the variety is greatly appreciated. Some of the gravity levels do get out of hand though. Some are almost too devious. Furthermore, while the puzzles have a great amount of variety, it would be nice to have a better variety of music to listen to.

Regardless, Cut the Rope is one of the best puzzle apps on the iOS market, and is great fun for anyone who plays it.

1. Apr 27, 2011
    Cut the Rope should be another huge hit for Chillingo. The simple premise is executed with clean, beautiful graphics, responsive multi-touch controls, awesome physics, and top-notch level design. Om Nom never ate so well.
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    It's arguably as good as Angry Birds, though it's missing the cute cartoon story. I really do want to know more about Om Nom and I'm hoping the developers see fit to add a story in the next update. Ultimately, though, you need to get this game. It really is the best 59p you'll have spent this month.
  3. Mar 16, 2011
    Cut the Rope is the perfect iPhone game. Smart, easy to pick up and play in short sessions, and blessed with a sublime level design and brilliant physics-based gameplay mechanic. Don't miss it.