4.4

1. May 2, 2014
    This review is on Deus Ex The Fall on Android, not PC. (Why is because I haven't played the PC version.) I play this game on an "ASUS NVIDIA Tegra 3, 1GB DDR3 Memory, 16GB Flash, 10.1" Touchscreen Tablet; so far I love this game. The game has a great story with two interesting protagonists, 3 different city areas to explore, and plenty of challenge for veteran Deus Ex players like myself.This review is on Deus Ex The Fall on Android, not PC. (Why is because I haven't played the PC version.) I play this game on an "ASUS NVIDIA Tegra 3, 1GB DDR3 Memory, 16GB Flash, 10.1" Touchscreen Tablet; so far I love this game. The game has a great story with two interesting protagonists, 3 different city areas to explore, and plenty of challenge for veteran Deus Ex players like myself. Unlike Human Revolution (HR), You get to see some of the problems with Augmentation and the darker side of corporations; With that note, you'll have to make moral decisions in your missions that may or may not reward you. The two problems with the game are that there are fewer weapons than in HR; the 357 magnum, most of the mines, and some frag grenades are missing where they could have been implemented. also the controls are a little buggy but not terribly buggy. Sometimes If i tap to move to a location with a vent in the way, i need to hit the crouch button before getting to the vent, usually the character just stops or runs in place if i don't.

Now I can't compare this game to PC games, however, I will compare it to Mobile games since play it on a mobile device. To be honest this is one of the best Mobile games I have played thus far. Why is because it breaks away from the Skinner's box model, It's a higher quality game compared to Angry Bird or any (insert Indie Game Clone here) and it implemented two different control mechanics: the joystick, and the double tap. If i'm in a hurry to get to an objective, I just double tap everywhere i go to maintain full speed movement; If i'm sneaking past guards or past mines, I use the joystick for finer movement. Personally I don't think most reviews on this game are a little biased because of the success of HR. It's near impossible for a mobile game to fill the shoes of it's PC predecessors. However, I won't condemn it for trying. For a game that runs on a touch screen input system, it stays afloat.
  2. Mar 15, 2014
    "I never asked for this."

"I never asked for this."

So many people said this when Deus Ex: The Fall, was announced at E3 last year. I too, never asked for it. Yet, having just finished it, I'm glad it came out anyway. The Fall takes many of the core elements of Human Revolution and perfectly transitions them to mobile. There are side quests (however, unfortunately not many), augmentations, conversations and more - this truly is a full fledged Deus Ex game. Even the graphics are outstanding - the game, at times, is on par to Human Revolution. My only complaint is the performance in some areas on the Android version, the frame-rate dipping to ~15 FPS at times on my Moto X (rarely, however; it usually stayed around 30). Overall, Deus Ex: The Fall is a fantastic game well worth its asking price of $7, and is a landmark for iOS and Android's credibility as viable gaming platforms, and the only reasons it gets a 9 instead of a 10 from me are the small amount of side quests and the performance in certain areas. A 9.5 more accurately conveys my opinion on the game, but in any case, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
  3. Mar 10, 2014
    This user's requirements for the perfect experience. Headphones? check. Ipad? check. Like Deus Ex? check. Got a few minutes free? check. Get ready to experience a variation on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution theme in a unique way with the touchscreen interface. Echoes of the Minority Report interface, or Casino Royale, or Date Night, or whatever it's called, come home. Nothing is perfect,This user's requirements for the perfect experience. Headphones? check. Ipad? check. Like Deus Ex? check. Got a few minutes free? check. Get ready to experience a variation on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution theme in a unique way with the touchscreen interface. Echoes of the Minority Report interface, or Casino Royale, or Date Night, or whatever it's called, come home. Nothing is perfect, but if you love Deus Ex, and you meet all the requirements listed, you will benefit from playing this game. Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a good game for a portable, now you can take your favorite Deus Ex with you, wherever you go, that's amazing. Unfortunately, the plot is really short, but you can start it one more time with the new way of completing.
  5. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is just amazing, best title I've bought all year for my device. The depth of gameplay is stunning, I love how you can choose to explore anywhere in Panama and that levels have multiple entry points and paths, can't wait for more of this.
  6. Jul 17, 2013
    You don't have to be very good at reading between the lines to see that Deus Ex fans are simply angry that this is a mobile game instead of console. I see The Fall as preserved 99% of the console game feel, and it seems like a worthy successor to HR in really every way I could ask for. But whaddaya gonna do? Haters gonna hate.
  7. Jul 14, 2013
    The game is working well on my iPhone 5, and plays beautifully.
    iPad mini/.2 users, wait for the update before you pass judgement. Give developers a chance, otherwise all you'll ever get will be ports & cartoony puzzle games.
    This is true deus ex on mobile, an achievement on unprecedented scale. If you have a supported device and like deep Action RPGs and/or stealth games, you'll
    The game is working well on my iPhone 5, and plays beautifully.
    This is true deus ex on mobile, an achievement on unprecedented scale.
    If you have a supported device and like deep Action RPGs and/or stealth games, you'll absolutely love it!
    If you have a jailbroken phone, find a way around or wait for an update. Don't be foolish with your judgement!
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    Everything about this game is great except gunplay. I love it. People complaining that on jailbroken devices it's crippled even if you buy the game if you jailbreak go all the way and install xCon from cydia. It works perfectly
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    Deus ex the fall is a great game. it runs great, has a good story and is fun to play. if it dos'ent work on jail broken devises then that YOUR problem! JAILBREAKING IS ILLEGAL! complaing a bout that is like yelling at your mom for finding crack in your room.
  10. Jul 12, 2013
    At first, hearing that the next Deus Ex game would be an iOs game disappointed me, thinking that Deus Ex: The Fall would just be a cheap cash in on what is one of my favourite game series. Well boy did this game prove me wrong. The Fall is a more than welcome addition to series in my opinion, expanding upon the very interesting novel in icarus effect. The Story is original and compelling,At first, hearing that the next Deus Ex game would be an iOs game disappointed me, thinking that Deus Ex: The Fall would just be a cheap cash in on what is one of my favourite game series. Well boy did this game prove me wrong. The Fall is a more than welcome addition to series in my opinion, expanding upon the very interesting novel in icarus effect. The Story is original and compelling, tieing in nicely with human revolution's storyline, even containing familiar characters. The gameplay is at times, buggy and inconsistent, but overall is very enjoyable and as close to human revolution as i think it could get on a portable device. The atmosphere is done brilliantly, just as good as it was in previous iterations and it really sucks you in. the developers choice to not allow people with jailbroken devices is a mistake, but if you have the ability to play the game and are a deus ex fan, it will not cease to impress, do not let this fact draw from the actual games experience. DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER Expand
  11. Jul 12, 2013
    I loved all the lore and exploring. Various emails, voice recordings, and eBooks reveal lots of details about the world of Deus Ex and it’s really rewarding to piece the bits together to get some insight on the game’s mysteries.
    AppsGoer has got an in-depth review on this game.
  12. Jul 11, 2013
    I love this game. Deus Ex ony iPhone is pure heaven, especially sneaking around in stealth mode. I can't believe how much this feel like Human Revolution.
  13. Jul 11, 2013
    I've been waited for Deus Ex: The Fall, and it is fantastic game. Its design makes me think about Human Revolution, it is very easy to control character, there a lot of mission and sure the OST is wonderful!
    This game made my July better, it is the best present for Adam Jensens fan!

1. Sep 17, 2013
    The Fall has its flaws, but is definitely an impressive title to a format that keeps surprising us.
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    The game sort of falls apart in combat. [Oct 2013, p.78]
  3. Sep 2, 2013
    The best looking game on mobiles? It's up there. But dodgy shooting controls let it down. [Oct 2013, p.78]