• Publisher: Simogo
  • Release Date: Oct 17, 2013
7.2

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Device 6 all about the puzzles. Pencil in hand, paper on table, thought-wrenching puzzles. Don't expect mindblowing graphics. Don't expect "casual," "easy," "one-more-go" gameplay. Don't expect arcade gameplay and skill-based replayability. Device 6 doesn't have any of that: it has a very clever, very simply written story, over an intricate and sublimely designed interface. Everything isDevice 6 all about the puzzles. Pencil in hand, paper on table, thought-wrenching puzzles. Don't expect mindblowing graphics. Don't expect "casual," "easy," "one-more-go" gameplay. Don't expect arcade gameplay and skill-based replayability. Device 6 doesn't have any of that: it has a very clever, very simply written story, over an intricate and sublimely designed interface. Everything is effortless and smooth- except the puzzles which the game simply doesn't warn you are coming. Sometimes you might not even notice there's a puzzle. Pay attention. Read carefully. Think outside the box. Expand
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    It is mindblowing what these people have managed to achieve. The User score seems to be extremely low but that's because people were expecting the typical over the top FPS or some strategy game, but this is different.

Device 6 in an interactive book which has one of the greatest atmospheres in a mobile game (maybe after Limbo? It is something that we rarely see- Innovative, Original and artistic and device 6 is truly a work of art.
  3. Oct 20, 2013
    You can call it a book, a game or even a literary adventure, but you simply cannot disregard the fact that it accomplishes these genres splendidly. The game may seem simple at first but it really arouses the intuitive and technical side of most, and may really improve that of the user. It digs into your more logical side yet demonstrates the need for ingenuity rather than straight forwardYou can call it a book, a game or even a literary adventure, but you simply cannot disregard the fact that it accomplishes these genres splendidly. The game may seem simple at first but it really arouses the intuitive and technical side of most, and may really improve that of the user. It digs into your more logical side yet demonstrates the need for ingenuity rather than straight forward thinking. The game's sleek design and collective features are synonymous with Sigomo's "legacy" and coupled with the fantastic audio the experience all round is fantastic. Besides the fantastic features the game has offered the only problem is that it may not provide a challenge for those who possess a higher level of thinking, and thus may be a game that can be completed in 2 hours of less for this category of users. All in all for the average consumer you would have many hours of perplexing challenges ahead and you may be unnerved by the consuming atmosphere that somehow keeps you hooked. Besides the "short" length of the game, the features and experience speak for themselves. Expand
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    Device 6 is not actually a game, is more like an interactive book experience. And it is fantastic.

Honestly, only few times I've seen something as original as this work. The story is great, really well written, the sounds and visuals are really clever and helps creating a fantastic eerie atmosphere. It's not as scary as year walk, but the atmosphere is really great. Simogo is the

Simogo is the best dev for iOS, and I'm really glad that there's somone trying to do things that are truly original in the plataform.

Really an amazing game, better than Year Walk, and one of the best games of 2013, considering all platforms.
  5. Oct 23, 2013
    Yes, it's an interesting game. Yes, it's a novel (pun intended) experience. However, it's simply not that good. The fact that it's been scoring so highly with critics and reviewers is not so much indicative of how good the game itself is, but of how starved the reviewers are for a new experience, and how mind-blown they are when they run into it so much so, that they forget that games areYes, it's an interesting game. Yes, it's a novel (pun intended) experience. However, it's simply not that good. The fact that it's been scoring so highly with critics and reviewers is not so much indicative of how good the game itself is, but of how starved the reviewers are for a new experience, and how mind-blown they are when they run into it so much so, that they forget that games are rated on other things besides novelty. Basically, 9/10 for novelty, 1/10 for re-playability, about 6 out of 10 for sound, and maybe 7 out of 10 for graphics. Gameplay itself would score no more than 5 because despite the novelty of the gameplay, it's simply annoying to have to keep swinging your device around as the game forces you to do. Again, not a bad game, especially not for 3 or 4 bucks, but hardly worth a 92% that's just crazy. This is not the second coming, it's just a nice, quirky, play-ONCE (or twice to check out the one real 'fork') game. Enjoy it, just don't expect a 9/10 experience. Expand
  6. Gid
    Oct 19, 2013
    Device 6 takes advantage of the capabilities of the iOS platform to bring this outstanding text adventure. But calling it that is too much of an understatement. The story is very intuitive and the navigation through the text only adds to it. The uneasy atmosphere had me a bit scared to carry on at some points, using an atmosphere similar to that of Year Walk.

Probably one of the best

Probably one of the best games of the year. Ignore all the bad reviews here, trust me.

P.S. That 'Anna' song is REALLY catchy.
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Outstanding usage of the platform, Device 6 blends book and game together extremely well. The puzzles are great and the story is enthralling. Overall this is one of the best games of the year on mobile or any platform.
  8. Dec 3, 2013
    This was definitely an interesting experience but it's hard to call this a true game. It's more of an interactive novel and a good one at that. It's very engrossing, especially with all the various sounds and stuff that you come across in the story. But it's very hard to play sometimes. The many different twists and turns the story literally makes you take to actually read the story is aThis was definitely an interesting experience but it's hard to call this a true game. It's more of an interactive novel and a good one at that. It's very engrossing, especially with all the various sounds and stuff that you come across in the story. But it's very hard to play sometimes. The many different twists and turns the story literally makes you take to actually read the story is a bit disorienting and confusing. Plus the game is fairly difficult. It's definitely a new experience but I'm not sure it's one that is a must-buy/play. It definitely didn't appeal to me very much but I can see why people would like it. The problem is that I don't know how many people will like this game going forward. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    i've applied 6 for originality and concept but no more for it's replayability and plot which is, especially, is dull and flat. Yes, it's great that modern day developers not just making action games but can deliver something very original which involves features of portable devices like ipad but come on plot is totally missed there
  10. Dec 14, 2013
    This is an interactive fiction & puzzle game. To progress through each chapter, you have to solve the 2-3 puzzles in the chapter. It's short but really well designed. Some of the puzzles are easy, others are hard. Even though it's short and only part game [and part fiction], I found it to be worth every penny of the $4 or so that I spent on it. It's funny, a little spooky, a bitThis is an interactive fiction & puzzle game. To progress through each chapter, you have to solve the 2-3 puzzles in the chapter. It's short but really well designed. Some of the puzzles are easy, others are hard. Even though it's short and only part game [and part fiction], I found it to be worth every penny of the $4 or so that I spent on it. It's funny, a little spooky, a bit intellectually demanding. I hope this team of game-makers continues on. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    This is a very interesting game and is so deferent in a lot of ways. It has some great puzzles and the design is great! The story is okay, but not on the the same level as Simogos last game, Year Walk. Buy the game, you wont regret it.
  12. Oct 24, 2013
    A game that takes full advantage of the format in very clever ways. I found myself getting goosebumps on more than one occasion bacause of how the game presents it´s great story.
  13. Jan 21, 2015
    I normally don't like to generalize things. Like, I don't say "all (insert genre) (insert medium) are bad", because there will almost always be exceptions- even though if at the time of my statement there isn't a good example yet. People may say "all iOS games are made to make a quick buck" and "all iOS games are crap"...but this game is one example of these brilliant exceptions. It usesI normally don't like to generalize things. Like, I don't say "all (insert genre) (insert medium) are bad", because there will almost always be exceptions- even though if at the time of my statement there isn't a good example yet. People may say "all iOS games are made to make a quick buck" and "all iOS games are crap"...but this game is one example of these brilliant exceptions. It uses features exclusive to phones, which can't really be emulated on other systems, to give you one HELL of an experience.

I can't really spoil anything about the story, but I can say that it fit together perfectly. One may say that it's just a book made a bit interactive- but that is amazing in and of itself, not to mention how it is used. Basically, you are solving problems to forward the story, but it's done in a very interesting way.

This shows how devices like eBooks can do more with books than just replicating them. Honestly, this is a cheap game that, while short, definitely gives you an experience worth the money.
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    Incredibly absorbing. It's not a game, in a sense, but then again, it's certainly more thought provoking and interesting than the likes of "Angry Birds."
    Honestly, if DEVICE 6 is getting low ratings simply because it does not accommodate to your description of a game, yet other terrible titles on the App Store like "FarmVille" better fit your definition then would kindly, f*ck off and read a book?
  15. Aug 25, 2014
    The user score underates this game because like other 'art' games this is more of an interactive puzzle novel than a game.

Highly innovative, short but clever, difficult and very atmospheric/gripping. Sound and story are brilliant and are worth the price tag. Though the game is fairly short yet challenging, you can tell a huge amount of work has went into it. Epilogue was beautiful and moving, which is not something I thought was possible with iOS apps.

Buy now if you appreciate original approaches to game design/game as artform/reading literature.

Do not buy if you are looking for a casual fun game, a long or replayable game, are not inclined to 'immersive' media, do not like puzzles.
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    Device 6 could be the strangest thirty minutes I've ever spent on an app. Never before has a game provided such an illogical premise with an ending that snaps every piece of the puzzle in perfect harmony. The game is unique in both presentation and control, producing a shockingly realistic atmosphere by using the narrative as your guide through the world. There are many puzzles throughoutDevice 6 could be the strangest thirty minutes I've ever spent on an app. Never before has a game provided such an illogical premise with an ending that snaps every piece of the puzzle in perfect harmony. The game is unique in both presentation and control, producing a shockingly realistic atmosphere by using the narrative as your guide through the world. There are many puzzles throughout the game that require both intelligence and creativity to solve, one of which left me stumped for a good ten minutes until the answer almost slapped me in the face. While extremely short, Device 6 is one of a kind. No other game can match its mystery and innovative design, making it one of the best apps of 2013 and one of the most thought-provoking experiences you'll ever come across.

17. Feb 19, 2014
    I recommend you play this game in a quiet, dark room with only a simple lamp, a pencil, and a stack of paper because this game will perplex and immerse you in a very interesting way. It's time for games to be smart again.
  18. Nov 26, 2014
    Amazing
    Interesting and interactive app. Worth the 4 dollars. Simogo has done it again with apps like Year Walk and has created one of the best apps of all time. 98/100
  19. Dec 4, 2014
    The best I can relate this game is to minecraft.... There were sandbox games before so were text-based games, but minecraft changed the way we look at sandbox games and Device 6 the way we look at text-based games, however both aren't perfect but are genre of their own, they just make us want more games in their genres
  20. Feb 10, 2015
    Not done with it yet but I am not sure it can be considered a game... The puzzles are few and are quite basic, despite what others say. There are some puzzles that require a minimal amount of logic but aside from that, the puzzles are your run of the mill "I saw/heard something before and it probably is the solution to the puzzle." Still, the game asks the player to "backtrack" through theNot done with it yet but I am not sure it can be considered a game... The puzzles are few and are quite basic, despite what others say. There are some puzzles that require a minimal amount of logic but aside from that, the puzzles are your run of the mill "I saw/heard something before and it probably is the solution to the puzzle." Still, the game asks the player to "backtrack" through the novel, usually to solve some multi-tiered puzzle. The game would be better, but certainly harder, if said backtracking was more analytical and logical as opposed to simply attempting to answer questions like "what symbol was on that wall?"

The uniqueness of the game and the possibility of being immersed in the story is enough to warrant a good review. I intend on finishing the remainder of the game on my way home today on the metro. There are few games that I can think of that will make the metro ride more bearable. Surely, playing tetris would not do the trick. This is achieved by Device 6's charm and wonderful story telling. Unlike a book, where you can skim over certain sections, Device 6 demands attention since any observation could become part of a puzzle later on. This, the intriguing story, the unusual gameplay, and its production value make this game one to certainly look out for.

Good for: Avid readers, people who like puzzles, people who have long commutes via public transportation, people who have iPhones.

Bad for: Avid gamers, those who hate reading, people who are bored easily.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Device 6 is very interesting combination of an odd mystery novella, modernized text adventure and clever puzzles. And yes, it's a game. [Dec 2013]
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    The way Simogo weaves the player and Anna into the same mystery is fascinating. It might not be for everyone, but the richly complex puzzles and intriguing neo-noir mystery are sure to make Device 6 a cult hit. [Issue 0, January 2014]
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    If you’re looking for some absurdly fun puzzles and a truly unique storytelling experience, you’ll want to check out DEVICE 6 on iOS, but you’ll wish for a gameplay integration upgrade.