8.0

1. Mar 10, 2014
    This game is such an amazing experience. Level after level, you surprise yourself of what you are capable of doing. The simplicity of its concept and its difficulty increasing flawlessly make it one of the most addictive games I could play on iOS. And its soundtrack is just excellent.

Put on your speakers and get ready to get hours past without even noticing. @Gid : a rage game ?

Put on your speakers and get ready to get hours past without even noticing.

@Gid : a rage game ? Even last levels are still pretty easy. The most difficult ones took me maybe 20 tries. I passed a lot at the first try, and generally 2 or 3 tries were enough.
  2. Nov 17, 2014
    For a very simple tablet interface game, Duet is surprisingly good. This is not a puzzle game, I wouldn't even call it a game for your reflexes, in later levels I found that it's more like a meditative experience where you rely on your inner instincts. You just let yourself immerse in the flow, listen to the fantastic electronic soundtrack, feel inspired, think about the game's narrator'sFor a very simple tablet interface game, Duet is surprisingly good. This is not a puzzle game, I wouldn't even call it a game for your reflexes, in later levels I found that it's more like a meditative experience where you rely on your inner instincts. You just let yourself immerse in the flow, listen to the fantastic electronic soundtrack, feel inspired, think about the game's narrator's one-liners before each level and test your abilities to the max. 7/10 Expand
  3. Gid
    Nov 16, 2013
    I'm not sure what to say about this game really. I really want to like it, but its one pretty dismal flaw sets it back about 3 points, simply because it takes the meaning out of all of its good qualities. So much so, that I couldn't pull myself through the entire game. If I described this game in one word, it would be 'disposable'. Seriously, the money I have for iOS games is tight. MoneyI'm not sure what to say about this game really. I really want to like it, but its one pretty dismal flaw sets it back about 3 points, simply because it takes the meaning out of all of its good qualities. So much so, that I couldn't pull myself through the entire game. If I described this game in one word, it would be 'disposable'. Seriously, the money I have for iOS games is tight. Money is much better spent.

I'll start with the good points. I do like the soundtrack and design of this game. It has great variety and always maintains a sense of mystery, which goes very well with the narrative. I won't give away too much about that though.

In fact, I probably would have given this a 7 at least. It's just that this game is much harder than it should.

I would be tempted to even call this a rage game. I don't know why they made this so hard, but it was probably to pad out the gameplay. Looking at the length of the first few levels, you would probably say that this game would be finished in about 2-3 sessions. Nope. One week later and I still haven't finished it. As the levels go on, they start to feel much too lengthy, and it requires you to be pitch perfect throughout the level, as if you're slightly off avoiding one obstacle you'll crash into the next. In fact, there were so many times that I was stuck on one level, that I've pretty much forgotten the gist of what the narrative was about now. That's what I mean when I say it takes the meaning out of its good qualities. It's so hard that it makes you forget.

I would have given it a 7 or 8 without this flaw, but 8 for me means something I genuinely feel proud for because I somehow managed to spot it out of the rest of the crowd. But now it was between 5 or 6. But then, knowing that there are plenty of much better iOS games out there, as I said, there is one word I could use to describe this. 'Disposable'. That's what made it a 5 for me.

1. Feb 10, 2014
    Kumobius has tapped into something special with Duet. Underneath the minimal exterior is a game that’s complex, challenging and wonderfully rewarding. A must have for anyone looking to broaden their iOS horizons. [Issue 1, February 2014]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Duet is a little gem that many will overlook... and it's a shame, because it has an excellent design that will capture you for hours.
  3. Dec 28, 2013