0.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 600 Ratings

1. Feb 2, 2014
    A total, unmitigated sham of a game! Long story short: this is a Tapped Out style wait-24-hours-for-everything-or-pay-real-money game, don't waste your time. How any self-respecting developer could do this to revered classic such as Dungeon Keeper is completely beyond me, it's an abomination!
  2. Feb 1, 2014
    I would have gladly paid well over an average price for a dungeon keeper reboot...but I refuse to spoon-feed EA bags of pennies like playing this game is some sort of funfair ride.
  3. Feb 2, 2014
    Even by mobile free-to-play standards this game is a disgrace. Yet another classic franchise is made victim to cynical money-grabbing. Keep the hell away from this garbage.
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    Simply the worst money making scheme I have seen on the Android market yet. That the marketplace even allows microtransaction games of such illicit nature is a testament to the corruption evident in today's game industry. That EA could openly create such an evisceration of a beloved franchise, and then proceed with malevolent intent to forge reviews (7000 positive reviews on the first day?Simply the worst money making scheme I have seen on the Android market yet. That the marketplace even allows microtransaction games of such illicit nature is a testament to the corruption evident in today's game industry. That EA could openly create such an evisceration of a beloved franchise, and then proceed with malevolent intent to forge reviews (7000 positive reviews on the first day? Yeah right.) and expect additional money for DLC is far beyond human comprehension. The tutorial doesn't even complete. DLC is a component of game design, not a method to create a game by itself. Shame that what EA has essentially created is unwillingly a satire of the predicament that they themselves continue to stoke like a fire. I've seen spyware more subtle in asking for money. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the biggest scams I've ever seen from Electronic Arts, which is indeed high praise considering they are very good at scamming.

It takes the original, wonderful game and restructures it around paying EA to allow you to play the game. Microtransactions are toxic and horrible for the industry and no game better espouses that than Dungeon Keeper. EA has been a destructive force for a while in the video game world. They survive off their sports licenses which allow them to re-sell similar sports titles every single year to fans who keep re-buying them. They also are into these little projects where they can quickly shoot off a mobile game, slap one of the many, many ONCE GREAT IPs on it and charge you for anything and everything they possibly can. It's like EA is run by the Thenardiers from Les Miserables.

The best thing you can do is rate this game a 0, EA has shown they create false accounts and spam 5-ratings and also encourage people to rate it higher and reward them with in game rewards. Truly disgusting. Please do yourself a massive favor and look for the EA label on games and if it's there, avoid it. You can find better alternatives to everything they do elsewhere.

Rest in peace Dungeon Keeper, you will always be remembered for how you were in Dungeon Keeper 2, not for this mobile cash-in garbage that EA has its grubby mitts all over.

( )
    `.__,`---^---' ` -'
    -.______ . / ______,-
    `. ,'
  6. Feb 3, 2014
    This is the usual EA crap: cloning an "original" game like Clash of Clans just to make money with IAP. Worst thing about this is that they are using a name of a great past videogame trying to fool people to download it, as they did with rollercoaster tycoon mobile.
    This is not what gamers want: gamers want full games without any IAP, even if at a higher price. Stop this **** EA! You deserve this metacritic.
  7. Feb 4, 2014
    Game is unplayable due to mandatory and constant micro-payments. You'd need to spent several hundred dollars to play this game a few evenings. The original PC version is highly recommended tho.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    No. Just No. No. NO. Dont believe the (currently) high score. This game is a fraud. It's so cheeky in its design that it even asks you in the TUTORIAL to spend money for jewels. You can get in-game currency trough archivements, but the amount of jewels you can get is a absolute joke.In example: 5 jewels for getting 6 imps. How much costs the third imp? 800 jewels. The fourth? 1400. ThisNo. Just No. No. NO. Dont believe the (currently) high score. This game is a fraud. It's so cheeky in its design that it even asks you in the TUTORIAL to spend money for jewels. You can get in-game currency trough archivements, but the amount of jewels you can get is a absolute joke.In example: 5 jewels for getting 6 imps. How much costs the third imp? 800 jewels. The fourth? 1400. This game is designed to lure you in with fancy graphics and then annoy you until you pay money. Dont give this business modell a chance. Dont play it. Dont pay for it. Dont rate it any higher then zero. Expand
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    The developers of this game are bad enough, but reviewers giving this non-game good reviews is unbelievable. How? They're not even getting paid, and unless they actually paid hundreds of dollars, must have only gotten through %1-%2 of the "story".

Either way don't waste you time on this horrible, terrible, slap in face of any gamers.
  10. Feb 5, 2014
    This is a disgrace for EA. Saying this about an company that had no grace in the first place is all you need to know.

As i havent reached the 150 characters here are some more words to describe this piece of software (software, cause you know... its NOT a game):

ripoff, shame, disgusting, faul, nasty, foul, ABONIMATION.
  11. Feb 2, 2014
    Here is a reminder that EA are just a bunch of soulless shills who are using nostalgia in order to gain access to your pockets and violate your wallet like a drunk rapist in a nightclub.

12. Feb 2, 2014
    This is shocking EA, making a game that's virtually unplayable unless you spend incredible amounts of money, which the game constantly reminds and pesters you to do is one thing, but all these reviews giving the game 80+ obviously have your involvement. You haven't improved, you haven't learned anything, you're going to win the golden turd for a 3rd time in a row at this rate EA.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    EA - Destroyer of worlds... black hole for the gamers purse!

4 hours to remove a stone if you want to expand your dungeon to the outside. (or you pay)
    800 gems for an imp! (Euro 4.49 for 500 gems)
    ....
  14. Feb 2, 2014
    Hey all you classic Dungeon Keeper fans are you ready for Dungeon Keeper Dance All Night Party Remix? It's the game where EA dances on the grave of Dungeon keeper while mindless consumers throw money at them for some of the most atrocious Pay to Play **** ever.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    Everything that is wrong with modern games.
    Easily the worst example of p2w cow clicking I've ever come across, not to mention the violation of an IP that didn't deserve it.
    I guess it's Golden Poo No. 3 time.
  16. Feb 3, 2014
    The worst example of sham game nostalgia made to gauge money out of people who really liked the originals - Do not install or try - Waste of time - The only thing I hate more than this game is the fact that EA will be laughing all the way to the bank to cash in on this sham of a game.
  17. Feb 3, 2014
    Can anyone explain how this is even acceptable? Is it a huge scam by EA company? It's not even a game!

I thought that this was error in game, but it seems it was DESIGNED to rip off customer money! How can I even play this when you can't do anything without REAL money? Anything EA touches is turned into dust, SimCity, Command and Conquer and now Dungeon Keeper. I WILL NEVER EVER

How can I even play this when you can't do anything without REAL money?

I WILL NEVER EVER TRY ANYTHING FROM EA COMPANY! THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES!
  18. Feb 3, 2014
    This is the worst case of microtransactions that i've ever seen. It's bad enough that EA has ruined a beloved franchise by turning it into a casual mobile game for a quick cash grab, but to charge hundreds of dollars in order to mine more than one block a day, is evil. Please stop ruining video games, EA.
  19. Feb 4, 2014
    Yeah.. So some blocks take 24 hours to mine out, if you want to speed up the process you will have to pay $2.50 FOR EACH BLOCK. Yeah, mhmm. I mean mobile games are usually terrible, but you just don't do this to something like Dungeon Keeper. In all fairness you should just go support War for the Overworld instead, it's a proper Dungeon Keeper style game, hell even Peter Molineux has givenYeah.. So some blocks take 24 hours to mine out, if you want to speed up the process you will have to pay $2.50 FOR EACH BLOCK. Yeah, mhmm. I mean mobile games are usually terrible, but you just don't do this to something like Dungeon Keeper. In all fairness you should just go support War for the Overworld instead, it's a proper Dungeon Keeper style game, hell even Peter Molineux has given it his blessing. Expand
  20. Feb 3, 2014
    I come forth as the morning sun to vanquish this horrible night of a game. The game is a complete joke. Calling it a game is already a joke to begin with. The game is designed to be slow and boring just so you pay money to speed it up. Absolutely Disgusting. This Money-harvesting application is a sham to shill the player out of as many dollars as possible. EA has absolutely no shame makingI come forth as the morning sun to vanquish this horrible night of a game. The game is a complete joke. Calling it a game is already a joke to begin with. The game is designed to be slow and boring just so you pay money to speed it up. Absolutely Disgusting. This Money-harvesting application is a sham to shill the player out of as many dollars as possible. EA has absolutely no shame making garbage like this. The IP is completely ruined. Here is hoping they win the Golden poop for a 3rd year in a row.
    Don't even waste your time with this, they're just trying to nickle and dime people. Any self-respecting person should not play this, and any self-respecting developer would never concoct such an abomination of a game, completely **** over a revered classic. Absolutely Disgusting.
  21. Feb 3, 2014
    "The original Dungeon Keeper players are not the target demographic".Just a reminder that EA purchased Bullfrog only to dismantle it.

How is it possible that "Professional" reviewers give this a GOOD score?Now you know who not to visit for a review in the future.
  22. Feb 3, 2014
    EA is the created the gaming world as we see it today. They started small, but began to give birth to the strongest gaming franchises the world has ever seen. They played it smart, and gave the people what they wanted, but they got greedy. They took the greed father than anyone could have predicted, and now they are drowning in it. They built this ship named "Modern Gaming", and they willEA is the created the gaming world as we see it today. They started small, but began to give birth to the strongest gaming franchises the world has ever seen. They played it smart, and gave the people what they wanted, but they got greedy. They took the greed father than anyone could have predicted, and now they are drowning in it. They built this ship named "Modern Gaming", and they will sink it before they give it up. As the quote goes: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight (2008) Expand
  23. Feb 4, 2014
    A disgusting so called game by a disgusting so called game publisher. A absolute travesty on the great IP of dungeon keeper.Please just buy DK:gold and DK2 and save yourself some heartbreak
  24. Feb 4, 2014
    I cannot believe that such a great game title is destroyed by EA. I calculated that I could easily spend 100 bucks to advance only a few hours. Will delete the game now. kk thx bye! I would gladly pay a one time fee of 5-10 to have adavanced features but this is just messed up
  25. Feb 4, 2014
    EA made the game unplayable!

In Short: Dungeon Keeper is not a video game, not any more. Instead it’s just a virtual beggar, constantly demanding your spare change and offering nothing in return. Pros: Older smartphones aren’t compatible. Cons: A sickening perversion of the whole concept of video games, with nothing in the way of gameplay just constant cajoling for you to bribe
    EA made the game unplayable!

Pros: Older smartphones aren’t compatible.

Cons: A sickening perversion of the whole concept of video games, with nothing in the way of gameplay just constant cajoling for you to bribe your way to victory.

26. Feb 4, 2014
    This abomination is no port or adaption of the beloved PC Game. Under the hood its a clone of Clash of Clans featuring some of the worst F2P greediness ever encountered.
  27. Feb 4, 2014
    I don't even know what i expected. This is nothing compared to the old classic dungeon keeper games. Just another title fallen under EA's greedy intentions. If you have the best patience or a lot of money, this is the game for you, other than that, this game is complete garbage, I don't even know how its not a crime to release a game like this.
  28. Feb 5, 2014
    This f2p "game" is an absolute disgrace and an insult to DK fans and gamers in general.

Do not play this "game", do not support this nickel and dime nonsense. "Professional" gaming websites that review tripe like this in a positive light can safely be ignored for they are clearly in ea's pocket and/ or completely incompetent. The original games are still amazing and work very well

Do not play this "game", do not support this nickel and dime nonsense.

The original games are still amazing and work very well on modern machines, use KeeperFX to play DK1 in HD.
  29. Feb 5, 2014
    I remember seeing this on Gamescom...or was it E3? Can't remember. Netherless, this one only needs one single word: GREED
    Very well done EA! When everybody thinks this company can't get any worse, they just proof us wrong.
  30. Feb 5, 2014
    Can the current incarnatino of EA please die already? I don't want to ride on the anti EA circle jerk, but this company has been destroying the video game industry from inside for years now. This is another soulless husk of a game designed for maximum ROI and no fun. Enough already.
  31. Feb 4, 2014
    EA you can improve the score of this review for only $100. What's that? You don't want to pay money for something so trivial? Right. No one does, stop trying so damn hard.
  32. Feb 5, 2014
    Dungeon is the "Two Worlds" of iPad/iPhone games

Pros:you can delete it on your iPad/iPhone

Cons:a BIG cash grab with nothing new or interesting

Recommendation:No One
  33. Feb 5, 2014
    Are you kidding me? And look at all these positive reviews by the media. You guys are paying out some serious bribes aren't ya! You have literally butchered my most fond memory of my childhood. I made this account right now because I had to tell someone how pissed I am. It seems everything you touch is destined to shrivel and die! I wish I didn't know about this abomination. ActuallyAre you kidding me? And look at all these positive reviews by the media. You guys are paying out some serious bribes aren't ya! You have literally butchered my most fond memory of my childhood. I made this account right now because I had to tell someone how pissed I am. It seems everything you touch is destined to shrivel and die! I wish I didn't know about this abomination. Actually better yet I wish your company would stop making games, actually you know what you don't make games you just treat all your devs like little **** I'm sick of this crap. I will ignore ANYTHING that has an EA badge on it along with Origin and poor old DICE if they knew what was good for them they would ditch your sorry ass. I'm done! Expand
  34. Feb 4, 2014
    Press a button..... wait 4 hours.... this is as horrendous as what they did with theme park except personally I find this infinitely more despicable as I considered the original to be one of the greatest games ever and the release of this pay to win turd means the chance of a proper actual PC reboot is down the toilet. Thanks EA, thanks a lot.
  35. Feb 5, 2014
    Nothing to say. This is pure shame. EA you kill everything you touch. 150 characters are too much to describe this sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I have nothing more to say.
  36. Feb 5, 2014
    EA, if you are going to continue to rape great games and defile their names with crap like this, please die. This has nothing to do with Dungeon Keeper, it´s a redesigned clash of clans waiting game, heavily depending on micro transactions. Oh, you want a new room? That will take 24 hour to build, oooooor... you can pay 1$ for it instantly. Crap!
  37. Feb 5, 2014
    The thing that hurts me most is the "Mythic" Logo at the start. I knew, that EA will ruin and rape this great company to death but to see it now.... its just disgusting and makes me really sad.
  38. Feb 5, 2014
    My Dungeon Keeper review for IOS.

A freemium game from a classic? Could it go wrong? Yes... Horribly wrong? Absolutely... They completely ruined it, they could just have updated the graphics, yes... but why are we forced to stay online? Why can't we just play, the way WE want to play? We lost so much in this remake, but the worst thing they ripped away? The first person view (a gimmick
    My Dungeon Keeper review for IOS.

They completely ruined it, they could just have updated the graphics, yes... but why are we forced to stay online? Why can't we just play, the way WE want to play? We lost so much in this remake, but the worst thing they ripped away? The first person view (a gimmick every original player loved)

A big no-no to EA... If they want to make a game like Clash Of Clans, don't touch the classics... Soon they'll produce a remake with this same freemium-crappy engine for Command&Conquer with micro-transactions...

(To the Bullfrog-team and Peter Molyneux: We were so happy with what you did back in the days)
  39. Feb 5, 2014
    EA destroyed one of my all-time-favorite games!
    It's not just the pricing-model.. the gameplay has totally changed.

This game has nothing to do with Dungeon Keeper.
  40. Feb 5, 2014
    I was a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper, back in the days, but THIS is just a gianormous load of BULL.
    So glad I stumble on the reviews before buying it, what a piece of s***t.
  41. Feb 5, 2014
    I was a huge fan of the original Dungeon Keeper and although I had my doubts about this iOS project from the beginning I decided to give it a try anyway.

Even without the exploitative tuning of the In-App Purchase system at launch I've found the base game to lack any sense of strategy or actual 'gameplay'. I'd rather pay money for digital baseball cards than continue to build my dungeon like this.
  42. Feb 5, 2014
    Free to play - more like "free from start" terrible game - shame on EA again - Paying to just mine blocks is ridiculous, why not just charge £3 for this game in full and reap the rewards, instead they instead to drain every last penny out of people just to get maximum profit.
  43. Feb 5, 2014
    Quite literally the worst game every created. It takes the legacy of a great classic game and absolutely shatters it into horrible infectious freemium garbage. EA, have you no shame?
  44. Feb 5, 2014
    Too many in-app purchases. You're severely limited if you don't make it rain on the developers. Much like any good dame, you have to butter her up with goods in order to receive pleasure. Dungeon Keeper is no exception. Do not play this unless you're (A) Donald Trump (B) a hacker, or (C) Bill Gates.
  45. Feb 1, 2014
    Absolute joke of a game. This is a game about clicking on a block, either waiting a FULL DAY to do the second one of paying large sums of money. EA has completely ruined this IP...
  46. Feb 2, 2014
    A truly spectacular display of EA's greed. It pretends to be free to play, but really requires potentially hundreds of pounds to build what would take 30 minutes to build in the first game. I use the term 'play' very loosely, as play would imply there is any fun involved.
  47. Jan 30, 2014
    It takes how long to mine a single block?! Oh and I can pay money to speed it up? How riveting. I think I'll just walk over here and watch some paint dry while I wait because clearly I have nothing better to do with my time and I have the intelligence of a semi-sentient banana.
  48. Feb 3, 2014
    No. This is not OK. I can honestly say this has to be the most brutal desecration of a franchise I've seen in a while, and this is EA.

The fact that they had the gall to do this to such a beloved and cherished franchise makes my blood boil. The Pay to win, the gutting of depth. And the icing on this piece of crap? They had the nerve. The BALLS TO PUT THE BULLFROG SYMBOL IN THE

And the icing on this piece of crap?

They had the nerve. The BALLS TO PUT THE BULLFROG SYMBOL IN THE GAME

**** YOU.

**** YOU EA. THAT IS NOT COOL. YOU SHUT DOWN AND RUINED BULLFROG, AND THEN YOU PARADE THE MUTILATED CORPSE ONE OF THEIR BEST GAMES. HOW DARE YOU RUIN THIS.

And **** you to every shameless shill that actually have the brass to call this game, in any way shape or form, good, or even tolerable. This is literal filth.

So yeah, I don't like it.
  49. Feb 4, 2014
    Dear EA Games,

Please end your lives. Stop what you're doing right now. You are not just the worst company in America, you are the worst people in the world. Activision right now is looking better than you, and that is saying something. Saying Bobby Kotick types of something. I want all of you dead for what you have done to not just a hobby, but a way of life. If your employees
    Dear EA Games,

Please end your lives.

If your employees ever cross my path, I will exercise them of their demons by any means necessary.
    If your executives happen to be in town, I will have them assassinated.

Sincerely,

Righteous Justice
  50. Feb 3, 2014
    What a heinous desecration of what used to be a great game. I so regret even trying this .... whatever it is (you CANNOT call this a game). My childhood memories of this Dungeon Keeper have been tarnished.
  51. Feb 4, 2014
    Look at the EA bots trying to bring the score up.
    Not gonna work, this game is **** and you know it. Why even take the IP?
    This whole thing makes me even appericate DK2 and makes me want to play that aswell as war of the overlord.
  52. Feb 3, 2014
    Free2play at it's very worst. Nearly unplayable without paying right from the beginning, you have to wait 24 hours for every little bit. A shame to destroy such a classic with this kind of greed.
  53. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is the type of game that makes other free to play games look horrible. I'm not a fan of free to play but games like planetside 2 do it pretty much right. This game is the worst for play to win and they just laugh at for giving them money too.

I wholeheartedly encourage people to make a crack for this game and link it everywhere. The only reason it should be playable is with a cheats.
  54. Feb 5, 2014
    I'm the first person to give developers money for a good product. This isn't a product. This is an automated system to rape your wallet. This isn't a game, this is an expense.
  55. Feb 5, 2014
    EA strikes again. Yet another franchise ruined by yet another cheap blatant cash-grab.
  56. Feb 5, 2014
    This is not a game. It is a piece of garbage that asks you for money at every turn. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy.
  57. Feb 5, 2014
    Putrid pile of Microtransaction infected **** but what else is to be expected from the legendary wallet vampires at EA. This game takes the whole 'Waiting-game' format and multiplies it by 9000. Not only are you, the player, hounded again and again by messages telling you to purchase more gems with real world money but the time it takes for anything to get done is excruciating. It'sPutrid pile of Microtransaction infected **** but what else is to be expected from the legendary wallet vampires at EA. This game takes the whole 'Waiting-game' format and multiplies it by 9000. Not only are you, the player, hounded again and again by messages telling you to purchase more gems with real world money but the time it takes for anything to get done is excruciating. It's expected for something to take a day or so to complete but that only happens in other games hours into the gameplay, NOT straight from the get go. Do NOT buy those gems!! Don't even contribute to the installation numbers!! Vote with your wallet. Don't let this vile scum of a business model continue to spread through the mobile gaming world. This **** needs to stop Expand
  58. Feb 5, 2014
    This is not a game people. I repeat, this is not a game. This is a poorly disguised attempt to scam you out of your money. EA's classic attempt to get people to pay an exorbitant amount of money just to play a cell phone game. And what a perfect anology, with the red devil constantly pestering the player to spend more money. EA has my vote yet again for the golden turd. I hope you crashThis is not a game people. I repeat, this is not a game. This is a poorly disguised attempt to scam you out of your money. EA's classic attempt to get people to pay an exorbitant amount of money just to play a cell phone game. And what a perfect anology, with the red devil constantly pestering the player to spend more money. EA has my vote yet again for the golden turd. I hope you crash and burn EA you greedy corporate shills. Expand
  59. Feb 5, 2014
    Any publication that gave this even a decent review was paid off. Period. There's simply no way a human being could consider this fun. It's pure garbage.
  60. Feb 5, 2014
    For 500$ you can probably play the game, how it was supposed to be played. Maybe a bit more, that's a tough one... Classic EA 24 hours turn and wait for an action game, it just doesnt make any sense.
  61. Feb 5, 2014
    Is this even legal? Can a company intentionally ruin the reputation of a legendary product like the original Dungeon Keeper, by releasing a micro-transaction theft scheme claiming to be a game? Can a company call a rip-off scheme "Dungeon Keeper" knowing that fans of the old game will be tricked into buying it? Are there no consequences for this kind of criminal behavior? If you buyIs this even legal? Can a company intentionally ruin the reputation of a legendary product like the original Dungeon Keeper, by releasing a micro-transaction theft scheme claiming to be a game? Can a company call a rip-off scheme "Dungeon Keeper" knowing that fans of the old game will be tricked into buying it? Are there no consequences for this kind of criminal behavior? If you buy this, you will be nothing less than a victim of a heinous crime against the Dungeon Keeper name, and this game may mark the end of the series, since it will generate nothing but terrible feelings and ill-will toward the product line itself. It will certainly alienate any younger gamers, who may not have played the original, and ensure they never buy any future Dungeon Keeper games, even if someone sensible does recreate the legendary original two games. EA just killed one of the greatest franchises of all time. Expand
  62. Feb 5, 2014
    Blast from the past! Try to imagine everything you loved about the original games, rip out all of the fun parts, make it take 24 hours or more to do exciting things like dig a single square of dirt and you have this game.
  63. Feb 5, 2014
    This is a money transfering app, disguized as a classic pc-game. Horrible. Unplayable unless you fork out a significant amount of money. When I buy a game for 50$ for the PS3, I get a game that I can play. When I download Dungeon Keeper for free, I get to pay THREE TIMES MORE FOR AN ANDROID GAME or I can't play it!! EA said it thinks the prices are fair. Disgusted beyond belief.
  64. Feb 6, 2014
    no no NO NO. Not EA again, everything they touch starts to rot and stink! OMG just not EA, damn! I waited for this game for so long, and now THIS. This is AWFUL, why in the world you, EA, pissed on grave of Dungeon Keeper? OMG, my frustration is just incredible. Please EA go die somewhere, and never release games anymore, you are the worst publisher ever.
  65. Feb 6, 2014
    I really didn't think it could be as bad as people made it out to be. It is.

I guess when EA said they'd learned from the failure of Sim City and that they'd fix the Sims, it was their real way of saying "we'll fix Sims 4, it's too late for Dungeon Keeper". Looking forward to buying an actual game instead of spending the money it would take to play this "free" game. As a sidenote, I
    I really didn't think it could be as bad as people made it out to be. It is.

As a sidenote, I don't even mind f2p that much, Tapped Out! remains on the iPad and Tyrant is still one of my most played games on Kongregate, this is just too far.
  66. Feb 6, 2014
    Soulless corporate greed simulator. Any review giving this game more than 0 has been paid for by EA. This is not OK. The founders of Bullfrog should sue them for defamation.
  67. Feb 5, 2014
    this is not a game, it's a scam. enough said.

however I must continue writing cause metacritic asks me to do so.

stay away from this game. or better... download it and test for yourself, before you'll trash it with disgust.
  68. Feb 6, 2014
    Very horrible, not only is it an insult to the classic it is an insult to gaming as a whole. EA you should be ashamed. I hope this company burns over the horrible things they are doing to the gaming industry.
  69. Feb 6, 2014
    Sad.

I'am really sad to see another great classic game butchered in a attempt to grab more money by a company that don't need it. Let's face it the problem is not the game (hey it's dungeon keeper !), it's the constant pay to play. You're always ask to pay to do pretty much anything. Even digging can be paid for to speed it up (as it takes forever....). If you want to play dungeon
    Sad.

If you want to play dungeon keeper, stay with the good all pc games (better and much cheaper), this one was murdered by EA and it's pay to play approach.
  70. Feb 6, 2014
    As a game this iOS version of Dungeon Keeper could be described as average at best with a number of features that were available in original PC version (that is now seventeen years old) missing or pared down.

Unfortunately EA have seen fit to completely destroy any enjoyment that could possibly be had from the game with arguably the worst example of micro-transactions yet seen in a video game. Without paying a frankly ludicrous amount of money (up to £69.99!) for additional resources it is impossible, and I mean impossible, to make any sort of meaningful progress.

I urge everyone to avoid this game like the plague. As a gamer of over twenty five years I'd hate to see my hobby ruined by corporate greed of this nature. I point blank refuse to spend a single penny on games like this and so should you.
  71. Feb 6, 2014
    Micro transactions make any game worth boycotting. EA is the worst company in America two years running, let's stop buying their products please. DOWN WITH EA
  72. Feb 6, 2014
    This game is ruining a beautiful memory of a game in my childhood.

I mean who in their right mind would do such a thing?
    This is not free to play. Why are they allowed to call it that?
    Why are so many people on the play store giving a 5 star rating?
    This cant be right.
    They bought the 5 Star rating with the game release i guess.

EA has done it for me now. Never again.
  73. Feb 6, 2014
    Since EA no trademark has made rick the yemen, write a fake review, come on EA yemen?? I thought id write a review about how awful EA is having downloaded the game and deleted it right away. Just buy the other 2 games on GOG and tell EA to stick it. How's BF 4?
  74. Feb 6, 2014
    The sad thing about this game is that there is a gem of a game hiding in this...very very deep behind a ridiculous paywall. EA used this VERY much revered IP to gouge Dungeon Keeper fans. After about 5 min of playing you are waiting 1 day to clear a single block, you need to upgrade your dungeon heart to upgrade your dark library in order to upgrade your workshop for the next tierThe sad thing about this game is that there is a gem of a game hiding in this...very very deep behind a ridiculous paywall. EA used this VERY much revered IP to gouge Dungeon Keeper fans. After about 5 min of playing you are waiting 1 day to clear a single block, you need to upgrade your dungeon heart to upgrade your dark library in order to upgrade your workshop for the next tier trap...this very quickly turns into a week long endeavor. However, this did inspire me to pick up the Dungeon Keepers 2 from gog..so some good came from this EA pay scheme. Expand
  75. Feb 6, 2014
    Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 are among my favourite games. When Dungeon Keeper Mobile was announced, my thoughts went "Finally, EA's doing something with the IP. It's an iOS Game? Ok, can't expect something exactly like the previous games but I'll have a go and judge it on it's own merits."

Sadly, the game barely has any merits whatsoever and any it does have are hidden behind one of the most aggressive pay walls I've encountered (admittedly, I don't tend to play Free 2 Play games, I'd rather pay for it upfront), encouraging you to spend a minimum of £3 for gems in order to bypass an obscenely long counter placed on the vast majority of your actions.

What Dungeon Keeper Mobile is is a beggar, as Metro Game Central put it, a beggar wearing a badly made paper mask of a generic devil and carrying a plastic Halloween scythe and absolutely insisting it's the Dungeon Keeper of old, all the while begging you for money. It's the same unconvincing beggar/cash grab game you see everyday in the suspiciously clean clothes with a different guise each time.

Don't waste your time with this. There's better management games on iOS and every other platform. Dungeon Keeper Gold (including the Deeper Dungeons expansion) and Dungeon Keeper 2 are $5/£3 each on GOG.com and can provide hours of uninterrupted, dastardly labyrinth building fun.
  76. Feb 6, 2014
    If this game had a different name, and no relation whatsoever to the original Dungeon Keeper, it would still be one of the most egregious cash-grabs masquerading as a game in the history of entertainment software.
    Of course, it has stolen the name and some surface-level aesthetics from a classic PC game, and one can only imagine the developer and publisher--vampires all--are counting on that hook to land themselves a whale or two.
    Do NOT give them the satisfaction.
  77. Feb 6, 2014
    Dungeon Keeper holds a place in my heart which will be hard for any game to match. It was probably my favourite Amiga title and still holds the title of my favourite moment in any game, ever. Playing through DK2 and you get to build a casino for your imps (delightful little fellas, even in this abomination of a version) to relax and have fun in. One gets lucky on the roulette table and theDungeon Keeper holds a place in my heart which will be hard for any game to match. It was probably my favourite Amiga title and still holds the title of my favourite moment in any game, ever. Playing through DK2 and you get to build a casino for your imps (delightful little fellas, even in this abomination of a version) to relax and have fun in. One gets lucky on the roulette table and the whole dungeon erupts in to song with dancing to the disco hit "Disco Inferno".

This iOS and Android 'twisted take' has done exactly what it set out to do. It twisted the franchise into a cash cow for a failing publisher (more job losses announced as I write this). Now, some will say that in app purchases (IAP) have a place in mobile gaming, maybe they are right. I don't agree. But even the most ardent supporter of IAP must admit that 70 English pounds is a crazy amount to ask for a virtual currency which can be used to dig out virtual mud and rocks.

If you want to play DK, get over to GoG and buy it there. You could buy an Amiga to sit in front of while you play it just to add effect at the price of these IAP. Shame on you EA. Shame.
  78. Feb 6, 2014
    A game that is basically a timer wherein you must pay money to win. This is the definition of Pay-to-Win, and is a mark of why EA is a terrible developer.

They are even manipulating the game in such a way as to only allow positive reviews to appear on the Android store. Just so incredibly and blatantly shady, does EA even care about their namesake?
  79. Feb 6, 2014
    This utterly piece of crap is a warnig for everyone of us, what f2p can do in the future with normal games, we usually play. It's an abomination, creation of a sick and greedy mind. Its a terrible joke and its not funny
  80. Feb 6, 2014
    4 hours for a single block, what a joke. Freemium doesn't even begin to describe it.

On the bright side, we know who's getting the Golden Poo again this year.
  81. Feb 6, 2014
    The problem I find with games like these is the gullibility factor. It's almost like they think we're all stupid. Then you get those people that really ARE stupid. It's like abusing the elderly to steal their pension. When you charge for every single aspect of the game we know your target audience isn't successful adults but instead children or easily swayed adults. The people who youThe problem I find with games like these is the gullibility factor. It's almost like they think we're all stupid. Then you get those people that really ARE stupid. It's like abusing the elderly to steal their pension. When you charge for every single aspect of the game we know your target audience isn't successful adults but instead children or easily swayed adults. The people who you shouldn't be abusing at all. It's cruel and more than that, it's evil. I love the sims but even there you've started doing this sort of stuff.

In short, pay to play is great. Buying a game is great. Even the occasional Get This Faster By Paying is ok! But Pay as the only way to get things? That's just flat out cheating your audience. This game is terrible.
  82. Feb 7, 2014
    Laughably money grabbing "free game". The requirement to wait to dig and mine is ridiculous, it's like clash of clan's gem system on heroin. This is not like puzzlers where you want to spend five minutes every so often. You need time to get into it, not BUY into it! Purchase at you peril.
  83. Feb 6, 2014
    Anyone that wasted any money on this deserves it, the only way to stop EA from doing crap like this is to not buy their **** anymore, This just shows how far this company is going to screw costumers for their money.
  84. Feb 6, 2014
    This is not a game. This is disgrace. Gamers should not tolerate this practices. And EA... It had a chance to become good company with new CEO, but nope. Still scummiest of them all
  85. Feb 7, 2014
    This game abuses the nostalgia of the original and it bring nothing new. It's basically a wait game where you collect few resources that generate based on time and click what your imps should do and that's it nothing more to do than wait for it to finish.
  86. Feb 7, 2014
    its not a game its a bunch off pay walls this games makes it impossible to play for free since everything you can do for free takes excessive hours making the gameplay amazingly boring and if you pay the price is outrages making each block cost almost 3 frinking dollars in my opinion u should go play the original it has no pay walls and its way more fun
  87. Feb 7, 2014
    Another attempt at wallet opening disguised as "gaming" by EA, this is a shockingly bad game which is unplayable without significant in app purchases. EA's greed knows no bounds and the obstacles placed in the way of reviewing it fairly are a disgrace and typical of EA's dishonesty.
  88. Feb 8, 2014
    Do you like microtransations? Do you like paywalls the size of the Greatwall of China? If so, this game is tailor fit for you! Complete with a stabbing to the back to fans of the series! Great deal!
  89. Feb 6, 2014
    They did it again, and they are going to do it again. The circle of gaming

Do NOT spend a single cent on this game if you are aware of what you are doing.
  90. Feb 6, 2014
    The new poster child on how to ruin a franchise while ALSO being completely shameless in it's attempts at your wallet. This isn't even remotely playable.
  91. Feb 6, 2014
    I've played many games by EA over the years, and time and time again I've thought to myself, "Self, EA surely deserves more money for this work. The coffers of those in charge are surely empty." Well, wait no longer. This is the game for me!

Some people decry the game as a money grab or a sham, I see it as an opportunity! Where else can you pay over $50 so often for so little? I see it as a way to say thank you to EA for delivering on their promises with other games like Battlefield 4 and Spore. Not to mention the genius behind SimCity 2013, which exceeded my expectations in every way!

Thank you EA!
  92. Feb 6, 2014
    The "game" is completely made to try to con you into spending loads of money. It doesn't even try to hide it.
    Your "gameplay" is completely limited unless you buy their "gems" with real money, meaning you can't actually play anything if you don't pay.
  93. Feb 6, 2014
    Upon seeing this in the app store I couldn't help my self and download this. Some sick part of me wanted a new Dungeon Keeper game of my youth, sadly, as soon as that EA logo popped up I knew it was all downhill from there.

There is truly nothing sacred to these people, everything in this game is designed to make EA money. They even go against the App Stores policy of rewarding the

They even go against the App Stores policy of rewarding the player for rating the game 5 stars. If that doesn't fill you with the typical EA hatred of the (Expected) 4th time winner of the Golden Poo award for worst company in the world, nothing will.
  94. Feb 6, 2014
    [German] Das Spiel ist einfach nur totale Abzocke und eine Unverschämtheit, die ihresgleichen sucht!!! Man darf es eigentlich nicht mal als Spiel bezeichnen.
  95. Feb 6, 2014
    This game is a joke, and how the developers can call themselves fans of the Dungeon Keeper games is beyond me, because they are definitely not. They made it free to play to allow new people to enjoy Dungeon Keeper, but how can anyone enjoy something that is impossible to play?! Mining one block can take up to 24 hours for gods sake!

This is simply a disgrace to the series.
  96. Feb 6, 2014
    Shameless cash cow. EA should die in a fire for what they've done to the DK franchise. I stopped boycotting them after the Humble Bundle move, but **** that, I will boycott them again and make sure that anyone I can persuade into doing the same will boycott them as well.
  97. Feb 6, 2014
    This rendition of a beloved game series "Dungeon Keeper" (originally developed by Bullfrog) is a complete disaster and yet another show of EA's greed. It takes everything about Dungeon Keeper and completely smashes it into the ground with the overwhelming amount of micro-transactions and time consumption-to-fun ratio. There is no reason anyone should have to play this game and I absolutelyThis rendition of a beloved game series "Dungeon Keeper" (originally developed by Bullfrog) is a complete disaster and yet another show of EA's greed. It takes everything about Dungeon Keeper and completely smashes it into the ground with the overwhelming amount of micro-transactions and time consumption-to-fun ratio. There is no reason anyone should have to play this game and I absolutely hate how arrogant EA are with their latest comment on some of the criticism "We’re also seeing a lot of game downloads and in-game engagement so that tells us there is a large group of people who are playing and enjoying the game,", NO, the amount of downloads does not mean there is a large group of people enjoying your game, it just means you've spent so much on advertising as the large publisher you are that unwary gamers decide to try out and become tricked by your disgusting facade of a game. I hope that nobody purchases any of the micro-transactions within this game and go get a copy of Dungeon Keeper 1 or 2 for PC. Expand
  98. Feb 7, 2014
    Another great game ruined by EA. Filled with microtransactions with the devil guy telling you to not be afraid to use gems. It seriously takes an entire 24 hours to mine certain blocks.

99. Feb 11, 2014
    It might be a good game if you didn't have to wait so long, but 24 hours for one block! I realize a lot of apps require you to wait to perform actions, but this is one of the worst I've seen! If you want dungeon keeper, do not download this app, and instead get Mythic's game.
  100. Feb 6, 2014
    Complete and utter **** from this game only, I **** hate this game. I've spent so much money on this it's not even funny. What a complete **** this is what a poor excuse for a game is. EA please just stop making apps and stick to Playstation and Xbox Game.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Dungeon Keeper is a new mobile free to play game by EA, and one of the most aggressive games in the genre. It has elements of a game, but these are so well hidden beneath shiny buttons, childish images and tons of tough rock, that it’s better to avoid the dungeon altogether.
  2. Feb 17, 2014
    The game is heavily influenced by the in-app purchases, to the point of becoming a pay-to-play title. Don't Play it.
    Dungeon Keeper is an anti-game. It sucks the joy of gaming out of me and it has no redeeming qualities, not in the slightest. Calling it greedy would be understatement of the year. The already tarnished image of free-to-play could hardly receive a more devastating blow than that which Dungeon Keeper has given it. It eats at my soul every time I play it. And that's why I'll uninstall, nay, banish it from my tablet as soon as I've finished this sentence.