7.2

1. Jul 17, 2013
    An excellent conversion! To be able to take the complexity of the tabletop version into something that can actually be understand by those of us who are relatively new to the game. It took me playing, losing, reading the manual and then playing with real players who helped me put the missing pieces together.

There are a few bits that create frustration, but they tend to focus on

There are a few bits that create frustration, but they tend to focus on specific parts that are relevant to people who have been playing for a while. Not that I am saying they aren't issues and don't cause issues with the game, but they aren't problematic to any real extent.

Plus, Big Daddy (the publishers) have been decent in the past with updates, and it seems they are working to fix a lot of the issues, so hopefully that will be out soon. Seriously, persistent chat is a must have (at least it's better than NO CHAT like in Playdek's games...)

Check it out, this is one of the most complex and unwieldy board games out there (seriously, google what the actual game looks like!) and maybe you can give BDC a freaking break. Seriously, this is a GREAT game.

1. Jun 26, 2013
    An incredibly polished and compulsive offering. [Aug 2013, p.77]
  2. Jun 13, 2013
    An excellent MOO-style strategy game. The original board game has been converted to iPad pretty much perfectly. [June 2013]
  3. May 29, 2013
    The electronic nature of Eclipse for iPad made it possible for me to appreciate this deep, fulfilling board game.