- Summary: After another epic battle with the giant chicken, Peter Griffin has accidentally destroyed Quahog! Play for FREE and rally your favorite FG characters (even Meg) to save the city in a hilarious new adventure from the writers of Family Guy. Or don’t, and regret it forever!
Nov 8, 2014Family Guy: The Quest for stuff is one of my favourite videogames ever.It's funny,there are the best characters of the original TV series andFamily Guy: The Quest for stuff is one of my favourite videogames ever.It's funny,there are the best characters of the original TV series and one of the best location,with more epic missions.… Expand
Aug 7, 2014Reviews for this game seem unfairly negative, yes it's like Tapped Out but so what? That's the genre, like an FPS or sports game - there is noReviews for this game seem unfairly negative, yes it's like Tapped Out but so what? That's the genre, like an FPS or sports game - there is no rule about only having one type of each game genre! Tapped Out wasn't the first city building/task grinding mobile game and it won't be the last. I have played both games and have to say I am bored with Simpsons Tapped Out and much prefer playing Family Guy now.
Firstly - if you don't like Family Guy humour look elsewhere. If you like Family Guy then TinyCo have done a lot right here - characters and locations are accurately recreated, animations and character dialogue is entertaining and in-keeping with the humour of the show, and there is a lot to do and unlock.
Secondly - if you want a game where you can sit and play for hours on end in one sitting go elsewhere, in fact don't look at any 'freemium' games of this type as you're missing the point. This game is designed to be played in short bursts throughout the day when you have a spare 5-10 minutes. It's also perfectly possible to play it for months on end without spending a penny if you don't want to, you just need patience and don't rush to build buildings that aren't required for the task at hand.
It seems to me that Tapped Out has developed a rabid fan-base of fiercely loyal players that want to burn anything else in the same genre. I like both games, and I like both shows, but like the shows themselves Tapped Out feels more tired than TQFS and doesn't hold my interest as much any more.
Don't get me wrong TQFS is far from perfect, for example the odd dimensions of some of the game assets makes placement and town design a challenge, but it's not impossible to get a decent looking Quahog with some trial and error. But it does do a lot right, and a lot better than The Simpsons Tapped Out in my opinion.
Some things I think Family Guy improves on compared to Tapped Out:
1) Task animation is more varied and entertaining - it feels like there are less 'indoor' tasks than Tapped Out and it generally feels that more effort/thought has been taken with the initial character animations and subsequent updates - rather than being generic movements a lot of the tasks are lifted directly from scenes in the show.
2) All characters are voiced unlike the Simpsons
3) There are more things to do and collect, such as added outfits, which require you to put the characters on tasks - don't expect these to be unlocked overnight however, that's not the point. You see with Tapped Out it becomes a chore to put characters on task and it gets to the point where you don't bother unless you need to - the added costumes and content in Family Guy give you a reason to continue to put characters on tasks and new outfits and content keep the game fresh.
4) Family Guy is 'zone' based giving you more defined levels and more obvious progression, each zone unlocks new characters, content, and storylines.
5) The references, items, actions, and humour in Family Guy is bang up to date - there are references and items in there that relate to the very latest series of the show. This is compared to Tapped Out which is largely based on the very early shows for the most part (with the obvious exception of the 'new episode' promotions)
6) You get given clams much more freely than you are given donuts - visiting towns gives you a clam every other visit, and completing character sets give you a clam prize too, this compared to Tapped Out which very rarely gives you free donuts. For those wanting to spend money it feels that you get more for your money compared to the cost/amount of donuts required for items in Tapped Out. This is just a gut feeling, I've done no direct comparisons.
7) Characters level up again extending playability and holding your interest - new tasks are unlocked all the time.
8) You can progress faster without spending money compared to Tapped Out, this might just be because unlocking Zones and levelling up characters give you the impression of progress.
9) I prefer the UI on Family Guy - the 'thought bubble' task structure is more interesting than a flat list, and the 'cut scenes' with the characters is better than just having speech bubbles. The ability to start new task cut scenes without having to wait for the character to be free is also a nice bonus. The 'FaceSpace' feature is another interesting addition.
10) TinyCo listen to players and regularly make updates/bug fixes and add new content. Special events and limited time bonuses also seem more frequent and there are is a good amount of free content to unlock - like the current Comic Con celebrities etc.
So in summary, Family Guy TQFS is not a bad game and in my opinion is a very worthwhile addition to this genre of mobile games. It is definitely worth a download if you are a fan of the show, just don't expect to unlock everything in one go or sit there for hours on end playing it. Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint...… Expand
Apr 25, 2014What we get here is a free-to-play, re-skin of "The Simpsons: Tapped Out!". There's definitely some fun to be had here, but it is hard toWhat we get here is a free-to-play, re-skin of "The Simpsons: Tapped Out!". There's definitely some fun to be had here, but it is hard to respect it considering it is a shameless rip-off. It even has the same synopsis of the main character destroying and having to rebuild the town.
As far as fan-service goes, the game looks exactly like the show and is filled with characters and references. The actual humor isn't bad and may even garner a chuckle every now and then. It's all pretty decent and is worth a look for the fans. Whether or not the fans will stick with it for the long run I really can't say.
As far as gameplay goes you're basically just rebuilding Qhahog and sending characters on quests. It's all pretty entertaining and you can play the entire thing without paying a cent. However not paying means you'll have to wait on timers for things to complete, but it's not the worst alternative out there. It just means progress is slower than I would like.
Overall I feel like it's a decent game. Yes, it wants you to invest in it's micro-transactions. Yes, it is an obvious rip-off of a better game. But you'll notice when playing it that these issues are actually quite ignorable. Like I said before if you're a Family Guy fan then this is worth a look. Who knows, you may even find a game that will stay on your mobile device for quite some time.… Expand
May 25, 2014Like Family guy is a poor mans Simpsons, The Quest for stuff is a poor mans Tapped out. It;s the usual grind of timer based missions, stuffLike Family guy is a poor mans Simpsons, The Quest for stuff is a poor mans Tapped out. It;s the usual grind of timer based missions, stuff you can buy for dollars and stuff you can buy for donuts, sorry Clams! Very uninspired, I gave it a fair chance, played for a bit and deleted it.… Expand
Dec 18, 2014Well scripted and witty, but unjustifiably and shamelessly reliant on in-app purchases for any significant progression. A proper balanceWell scripted and witty, but unjustifiably and shamelessly reliant on in-app purchases for any significant progression. A proper balance between effort and reward quickly appears to be lost on this game.… Expand
Aug 3, 2014Steer clear of this game at all costs. This is one of the worst money grabbing games out on the market with a complete lack of respect toSteer clear of this game at all costs. This is one of the worst money grabbing games out on the market with a complete lack of respect to players wishes. Many polls have been done regarding the direction of the game and Tinyco has repeatedly ignored the feedback and made things exponentially worse.
Do not play.… Expand
Apr 23, 2014One of the most terrible gaming experiences I've had in a long time. And I'm a huge fan of the series so I at least expected a couple ofOne of the most terrible gaming experiences I've had in a long time. And I'm a huge fan of the series so I at least expected a couple of decent jokes. But no.… Expand
- (2 views)