4.4

1. Jan 2, 2013
    FIFA 12 with a little improvement in control interface and overall graphical performance. Sometimes the replays replay the wrong moment, or suddenly halt and contiune with the match, something I found to be annoying since FIFA 13. Honestly, its a good football game, but if you have FIFA 12, stick with it till FIFA 14 or 15. Maybe then there will be something really worth buying for.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    This game is just like FIFA 12. There isn't really anything new, exept that the over head through ball is even more powerful. If you want to play anything else but Career Mode in FIFA 13, you shouldn't buy this game. It's nothing but frustration and it's not going to end up in nothing else but a pile of broken controllers. (Maybe that's just me.) The game is not bad, but it's not very good either.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    I'll give credit where credit is due. It is nice to see franchise games ending up on mobile systems. For the most part it was easy for a beginner to pick up and play.

With that said, controls often times were unresponsive and the AI faulty. I found characters would more often than desired knock the ball in a direction you were not aiming or not facing entirely. While it was appreciated that a notice would pop up if you were five goals ahead of your opponent, the differences in difficulty were anything but smooth. Increasing difficulty a tick was the difference between hammering home a 9-0 win and ending up with a 1-1 draw. The difference often felt like being able to pass and shoot to having the ball knocked away from you the moment you stopped sprinting. Also, shots that used to be on target all of the sudden were wide of the mark. Increasing the efficiency and ability of the computer team is all well and good, but it feels like you get punished for trying to play something more challenging.

Other than that, for seven dollars, it's a good way to kill time. Aside. I'm not sure why critics give this game such high marks when it's nothing sterling. The console and PC versions are far superior.
  4. Nov 19, 2012

1. Dec 18, 2012
    A brilliantly deep experience. [Jan 2013, p.88]
  2. Oct 13, 2012
    FIFA 13 on mobile devices is not a major improvement over the previous version, and there are some serious issues on the look and size of the players. But the new trick system and the much welcome online mode are good news for fans, and FIFA 13 is still the best football game on iOS and Android.
  3. Oct 5, 2012
    This new installment of the FIFA franchise on iOS devices offers a good balance between playability and visual performance. A must have for football (or soccer) supporters.