7.9

1. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a great game until you reach the end-fight. I didn't had such a bad experience in a long time and really thought that game mechanics like the one used in this fight are long behind us. Why, I will explain but be aware that this contains a spoiler!

SPOILER:
    After you've beaten the boss-ship and when it should just explode you get a message that in the last second they used their FTL drive to flee. After that you have too fight them again one jump point further. This is ridiculous!
  2. Jan 6, 2015
    It's a good game. But it's not great. Why? A good game gives you fun times, but you find yourself being bored often to reach the fun. A great game knows to keep you from ever being bored, or worse, feeling like you wasted your effort. That is FTL's problem.. You can't just charge ahead and expect to have a fighting chance. And every time you win or lose, you start over from scratch.
    Late
    Late levels require grinding to stand a chance. Grinding is boring, especially in early on. When you have to grind through early sectors every game, it loses the fun. I have literally rushed to the end and lost my ship there because it could not damage enemy ships.

I find sectors 6, 7 and 8 fun. But before I can fight in those sectors, I have to grind through five sectors.

There is one additional glaring flaw in FTL: the method of unlocking ships. There is only one ship available at the start of the game, out of literally dozens.
    On a minor flaw, I find the lack of other modes disappointing, there is only the one campaign. The game could handle more missions.

Basically, to summarize my review. FTL is fun, but only when you're not grinding. And keeping ships locked from paying customers is stupid.
  3. Nel
    Nov 29, 2016
    Great game on iPad takes some time to get used to, but it has a lot of depth, and is way more exciting than a most of the mobile games. The game doesn't try to push you to buy anything, so it's fun to play.

1. May 5, 2014
    This is probably the best version of the game: touch controls are intuitive and precise, and Advanced Edition's content offers a hundreds of hours of challenging but rewarding gameplay.
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    FTL on iPad is the same great experience, with an excellent interface and all the content of the PC version.
  3. Apr 21, 2014
    Everyone who enjoys sci-fi games should take this one into consideration, as long as they're aware that this is indeed a very deep and complex experience, but also outstanding and rewarding.