GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective iOS

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Feb 2, 2012
8.9

1. Feb 13, 2012
    An absolutely amazing game, I'm still half way through playing and I'm really loving it. It makes me think in a way I want to and as the characters stories are revealed it just gets more and more interesting. No doubts about it this is worth 10/10
  2. Apr 21, 2012
    An entertaining evolution of the old point-and-click games with an amazing storyline, incredibly breathtaking turns of vents and unforgettable characters... a work of art which exudes the genius of the game designer behind it: Shu Takumi.
    MUST-HAVE. Also if you previously purchased it on Nintendo DS.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    This is an excellent adventure/puzzle game made by the guys who did the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games. From the story to the characters, there's alot to like about this game and it's easily one of the best on the iOS. I personally haven't played the DS version but there's little reason to not pick up this game if, like me, you weren't able to pick this up when it came out on the DS. IThis is an excellent adventure/puzzle game made by the guys who did the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games. From the story to the characters, there's alot to like about this game and it's easily one of the best on the iOS. I personally haven't played the DS version but there's little reason to not pick up this game if, like me, you weren't able to pick this up when it came out on the DS. I had an issue with the fact that you can't skip any dialogue at all, regardless of whether you've seen it before or not, and this makes the end game, where trial and error are key to figuring out puzzles, a chore. But that's hardly something to make me not recommend this game to anyone. It's easily one of the best games on the iOS and I can only imagine how good it is on the DS. While it'll be more expensive then most other games on the iOS, around 10 bucks, it's easily worth the price of admission. Pick this game up if you're looking for another game to play on your apple product. One of the best there is to date. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2013
    All I need to say is that it has the narrative, gameplay, and aesthetics to put Ace Attorney to shame. This game is the most underrated game in this current industry, and it will be a disservice not to play it.
  5. Jun 6, 2015
    Unforgettable characters, entrancing music, unique story and gameplay all wrapped in this colorful and slick package. Originally on the DS, the iOS version provides a clearer display (especially on the iPad) and it is easier to acquire, being a digital download. If you can't get your hands on the DS version, definitely get this. Beautiful game.
  6. Apr 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ghost trick phantom detective:
    This game has many verities of ways to play such as adventure and puzzle.
    You start out as a soul who has just been killed, you are told by Ray (a desk lamp, another ghost) out ghost tricks. You are then told that you will die when the sun rises in the morning! And so the story begins. You meet Lynne ( a young detective) who often dies, you follow her around and help her solver her case as you try to piece together the missing parts of your memory, as you have forgotten everything! You meet many quirky characters that all seem to be small roles, but later you find that they have a lot to do with what's going down tonight. The puzzles involve you using your ghost tricks, like going back in time to 4 minuets before someones death (but you can't do your own), you can also manipulate objects, this helps you save people. The game has a lot of trying and retrying. It also involves some timing. The game is over all fun and funny. There is never a doll moment in ghost trick, and the music is just fantastic, and so are the plot turns! I higly recommend this game to everyone to matter what age or what type of gamer!
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    An absolutely BEAUTIFUL game. If this game has any flaws, it's the "escape" part (which I'd recommend looking up the walkthrough for, since it's ridic hard). However, the rest of the game is so beautifully done that it's impossible to not rec the out of this game.

The best experience on iOS, bar none.

1. Mar 20, 2012
    Ghost Trick is a clever adventure where you travel into the past of deceased to solve intelligent puzzles in order to investigate your own death – very entertaining.
  2. Mar 13, 2012
    Ghost Trick is a story about loneliness that leads to unnecessary aggression and stirs the appetite for revenge. It's a touching tale of kindness, loyalty, and redemption. Only after experiencing a shocking number of secrets at the very end, you will realize how many metaphors are hidden within this game. And it's enough to forgive Ghost Trick for its stringent linearity, unskippable cutscenes, and a penchant for overly chatty dialogue.
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective offers a great and eccentric cast, well-written dialogue and a unique take on the point-and-click genre. If you skipped the Nintendo DS release you should not let this one pass by unnoticed.