Godfire: Rise of Prometheus iOS

5.9

1. Jun 26, 2014
    The game has some of the most gorgeous graphics I have ever seen on a mobile device. This is just pure awesomeness. I also like the mix of ancient and futuristic design.

As for the game itself - it is similar to a movie summer blockbuster - out there to deliver fun and not much more. As I am a fan of juicy hack'&'slash - this is a game for me. Gameplaywise it is a mix between God of War (mainly due to the the setting) with Dark Souls - with all the gameplay and dying, especially on the higher difficulty levels. Game gives a challenge but beating the hard parts gives you satisfaction.

Anybody who was expecting God of War because of the graphics should chill out - mobile devices have its limitations. It has to be playable without the physical controller. Here it is very playable.Although not as fast as GoW.

I am also a fan of other game by the same developer - Real Boxing and with all the love and updates that game received I bet it will be the same with Godfire.

As for the IAP - they are addition, more like DLC than a necessity. I see nothing wrong with that in a mobile game.

1. Jul 21, 2014
    Godfire: Rise of Prometheus is not the bringer of the light that could have been, and this is due to its imprecise and rough combat system. It's stunning to watch tough, but this is not enough to recommend it.
  2. Jul 18, 2014
    The game features excellent graphics, but unfornunately this is one of the few good aspects we've found in Godfire. This game has an extremely repetitive and easy gameplay that doesn't help to keep our attention high for more than a few hours.
    A very pretty but tediously paced attempt at a God of War clone, in-app purchases might be optional, but that does not change that the game simply isn't that much fun for the four hours it lasts.