7.7

1. Aug 9, 2015
    Graphics: You can tell that it's a PS2 port re-released for its 10 year celebrations. While the amount of detail put into the game is impressive, and the third-person perspective never gets old, the graphics... let's say you'll sacrifice detail for smoother performance which is a problem when you consider how old the game and the graphics are. 7/10

Controls: Nothing will ever beat

Controls: Nothing will ever beat physical joysticks and buttons ... period. But the fact that you can customize just about all the controls to suit YOU softens the blow a lot! But it's still difficult to control at times. A decent effort though that's just about playable! 7/10

Gameplay: What the port lacks in graphical oomph and reliable controls, it makes up for it in gameplay. It's a direct port of Vice City: a landmark, a cornerstone in gaming history alongside III and possibly San Andreas, not just some watered-down edition designed to be suited for touch devices. Weapons, police and side-missions galore. Don't forget about the MUSIC and the CHEATS!!! Enough said, but at the same time, not enough said, if you know what I mean. 10/10

Performance: Turn the graphics down and what you'll lack in graphics will be more than made up for in silky smooth performance on even mid-range hardware. 1.5 GB of internal storage might initially seem a lot to ask for, but the third-person perspective ensures that it's better than Chinatown Wars, there's more detail put into it then III and at least it isn't the nearly 2.5GB that San Andreas requires. Slowdowns still occur occasionally but this is an big game 7/10

Verdict: Put next to the ports of CW, III and possibly San Andreas, this could be the compromise between graphical oomph, features and performance/storage space. At £2.99 this is EXTREMELY outstanding and a must buy if you can overlook its relatively minor flaws and can handle the often provocative content. 8/10
  2. Dec 29, 2014
    I still remember the days back when my age had not reached double-digits where I would spend countless nights on my campaign to explore every inch of the sun-soaked sleaze-hole of Vice City. This game will always hold a special place in my heart and I was incredibly pleased to see that the content had not been altered in the slightest, down to the exact location of every health pack. TheseI still remember the days back when my age had not reached double-digits where I would spend countless nights on my campaign to explore every inch of the sun-soaked sleaze-hole of Vice City. This game will always hold a special place in my heart and I was incredibly pleased to see that the content had not been altered in the slightest, down to the exact location of every health pack. These facts alone would normally bring me to an unquestionable 10/10.

However, this was not designed to be played on phones and tablets, therefore the gameplay does take a notably large hit as a consequence. This still does not change the fact that, if played on the correct console, this is easily one of my favourite games of all time and the transition to IOS has not made it considerably worse for wear.
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    A Scarface inspired game, even with a Scarface Easter egg 'Apartment 3c', this game is amazing. Although the map may seem smaller than GTA III, this game did not feel rushed. In fact there were many improvements like being able to change clothes, to buying houses to adding helicopters and motorbikes to the game. Before GTA San Andreas came out this was the best game. And it is amazing thatA Scarface inspired game, even with a Scarface Easter egg 'Apartment 3c', this game is amazing. Although the map may seem smaller than GTA III, this game did not feel rushed. In fact there were many improvements like being able to change clothes, to buying houses to adding helicopters and motorbikes to the game. Before GTA San Andreas came out this was the best game. And it is amazing that it is able to play on portable devices nowadays. This game may be old, but it is still very memorable Expand
  4. Aug 13, 2014
    Controls are a little diffucult... okay, they're really difficult. But I'm glad to see this game a little remastered and on the Iphone and Android devices. It's really great, I love the gameplay, but I don't really care much for the story.
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is great. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    Not bad at all for a GTA title, great graphics and control, gameplay is top notch, highly recommended!

The story is compelling, haven't played much GTA titles but this one really attracts my attention!
  7. Dec 11, 2012
    lag, crash, lag, crash, lag, crash, lag, crash, lag, crash, lag, crash, lag,......... can't really play on my ipod touch 4, lags on iphone 4s too....
  8. Dec 10, 2012
    Well...first of all silentinu, you do know that Vice City and Vice City stories were two totally different games right?

Anyway, it's nice to see how well this got ported but seeing as it crashes every 5 minutes I can't give it a proper score because I haven't played it extensively enough. Right now I'm 5 dollars short for a half working app.
  9. Dec 10, 2012
    One of my first games for PSP i remember playing it two years ago, it was pretty enjoyable. Loved the story and the gameplay. GTA games are always fun. And the cheat codes just made it better. Long hours spent on that game on my old psp.
  10. Jun 19, 2013

1. Feb 10, 2013
    If you aren't grinning by mission two then there's something very wrong with you. [March 2013, p.92]
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    It is no San Andreas, but an enjoyable romp nonetheless - it is also one rather gigantic download though but one well worth it if you can make the space.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    There's also the simple fact that Vice City is an amazing game in most regards. In this regard, the high points far outweigh the control issues, making Vice City for iOS a no brainer for most gamers.