6.3

1. Aug 13, 2012
    I love this game. It reminds me a lot Advance Wars but with up to date graphics.

Normally mobile games are something I just play because I can't play on my PC but this is as much fun as anything that costs 60 bucks.
  2. Oct 13, 2012
    This game deserves minimum 9. I'm giving it 10 to counter with the negatives. This is a brilliant strategy game. With a 50 mission campaign and online multiplayer you will never get bored of it. Who the hell would give this game a bad score. Metacritic, sort out the user scores for iOS games.
    Score: 96%
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    This is easily among the top 5 games I've played on iOS. The AI could definitely use a bit of work, but it still holds a tremendous amount of entertainment value. My first game of this genre was probably The Perfect General on the PC, or Military Madness on the TurboGrafx. Yes, the cutscenes are stupid, but they're not why you play the game, and eventually they did grow on me. This is the sort of game, alongside Shadow Era, Carcassone and Ascension that really gives me hope for the future of the platform. Every day a new zombie game or some retro 8-bit game or some retro 8-bit zombie game arrives, and the pool is diluted. GBWG sits comfortably atop a pile of lesser quality games, giving you outrageous bang for your buck time after time after time.

And that's *before* you get to the multiplayer....

1. Aug 26, 2012
    Looking solely at the gameplay, Great Big War Game delivers. On the other hand, there is more to a game than just the gameplay itself-appearances do matter. From that perspective, it's in need of a little help.
  2. Aug 24, 2012
    Great Big War Game comes with a fifty missions single player campaign and some interesting extra game modes that will keep you entertained for dozens of hours. It's a "more of the same", but a good one.
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    Bottom line, while there are some aesthetics that didn't really make the grade, they have almost zero effect on the gameplay value and that makes this an essential download for any strategy fan.