6.5

1. Jul 9, 2013
    Card collectiing, battling, and leveling up stats is super addicting. The hunting mini game is actually pretty fun when you actually get to play it, and rewards skill. The art design on the cards is really awesome--final fantasy/mythical beasts/hot cartoon chicks are really impressive to look at. The music really livens up the game to make it feel like a big adventure, and more than just the system of static menus that it really is. Those are the things that make this game FUN. These are the things that make this game, really, just another waste of time. The free to play business model lures you in, you play a little, it's pretty fun, but then you hit a wall because the game limits how much you can accomplish in a certain amount of time. Also, the games progression seems entirely built on getting your friends to play the game. It's not merely a suggestion that can reward you, it's practically a necessity if you ever want to get anywhere without devoting your life to the game. You can compile a list of friends and battle them, and use friend points you earn from winning or losing those battles on fundamental rewards. But the problem is, you can only have a small amount of friends, that SLOWLY goes up as you SLOWLY level up. What's worse is you can only battle a small amount of friends per day, regardless if you have way more to battle. This drastically cuts off the amount of progress you can make in a reasonable amount of time. Multiplayer battles seem heavily hacked or something, as I went from fighting people with normal decks at reasonable levels, to invincible decks with at least one card at max level. IM LEVEL 6! That can't be right! Anyway, the game just hinders your progress far too much to be enjoyable. It almost feels like a real game, thus, I want to play it as one, but I can't. I won't pour money into it because it doesn't give you hardly anything for the high prices. WHY CAN'T ANY OF THESE GAMES JUST OFFER A FLAT RATE CHARGE TO UNLOCK A REASONABLE MEANS TO EARN THE SPECIAL CURRENCY IN THE GAME?! It's a fun game that, after getting into it, I'd be willing to pay a little for, but no...just another pay to win. Play for a day, and move along... Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    I quite like this game. It can be really fun without having to constantly be on it. I'd appreciate it if you use my referral code BK67613 which will give both of us a good cards to start out with.
  3. Apr 7, 2013
    Great game, I like the card designs, I tried the new Magic game but I prefer the faster pace of this one. Use this code when you first start out to get really good cards and a head start.

code AV06618
  4. Jul 14, 2013
    Great fast placed Card Game Where u actualy use the cards to Battle ;)
    Enter ZR09913 as Invitation Code when Starting the Game to get a Super rare Card 4 Stars right After the Tutorial :)
    Players who come back After some Month of a Game Break get 10 Special hunting Tickets and 20 recovery Potions on Top of it if they use that Code
  5. Jul 24, 2013
    This card game is like Magic, but minus any strategy. The cards are well-illustrated and the game play is addictive at first, but after a while, you realize you are being manipulated by Square. They make the game play as slow a grind as possible in order to try to convince you that yes, it is in fact worth it to fork over a dollar for the opportunity to play another 5-10 minutes a day (i.e., if you buy a recovery potion). Try playing this game for a day, and then give up on it...no depth. Just the grind. Expand

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Guardian Cross mixes up Japanese RPG elements with western card games and sets it in a Sqaure-Enix-like world. Being free-to-play might be a problem for many players, but we believe it's special and it's worth a try.
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    A dull collecting system and a dull combat phase are just two of the many problems in what is a shallow but good-looking Trading Card Game.
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    Guardian Cross presents itself like a strategic card battler mixed with a classic JRPG, but it lacks any of the depth necessary to pull such a thing off.