tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Jan 27, 2013
    A pretty game, yet ultimately boring and, despite what other reviewers might say, has a lackluster control at best. Let's get one thing straight though: the graphic is very pretty and easy on the eyes--with tonnes of pop culture references and bright colours that seemingly tries to bridge the glaring gap of the game's target audiences, kids or adults? However, as I plowed through theA pretty game, yet ultimately boring and, despite what other reviewers might say, has a lackluster control at best. Let's get one thing straight though: the graphic is very pretty and easy on the eyes--with tonnes of pop culture references and bright colours that seemingly tries to bridge the glaring gap of the game's target audiences, kids or adults? However, as I plowed through the stages I found out that when it started out easy and slow it gradually becomes frustrating as the game design isn't on par with the graphics. For once, to move your devil (oni), you have to drag him around, literally--and unfortunately--covering the cute character with your finger.

The game tries to offer more features besides the simplistic game play like galleries, collectibles, costumes and so on, but after rampaging through the game for 2 hours the lackluster experience was really the one that stopped me from playing. It's a pity since it is an admirable piece of artistic demonstration, but with a far-too-ordinary concept and mediocre game play. I would probably still open it from time to time just to see the cute oni munches those rainbow leaves though...
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Feb 8, 2013
    In terms of presentation, Hungry Oni doesn’t put a foot wrong, but the rather basic gameplay limits its staying power.
  2. Jan 25, 2013
    The gameplay and controls are just about flawless and although it won't blow anyone's socks off with stunning 3D graphics or really innovative game mechanics, Hungry Oni offers a simple and easy gameplay.