iPlayingCards Version 1.6 – A deck of cards for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Play cards on one or two devices. (Use on two devices requires that devices have Bluetooth capabilities.) Cards move with the touch of a finger; piles move with two finger touches. When playing with aiPlayingCards Version 1.6 – A deck of cards for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Play cards on one or two devices. (Use on two devices requires that devices have Bluetooth capabilities.) Cards move with the touch of a finger; piles move with two finger touches. When playing with a shared device, there can be four hidden hands – a hand becomes visible only when the device is tilted on its side facing that direction. Many features – shuffling, dealing, cutting, flipping, sorting, etc..
iPlayingCards is a virtual deck of cards for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that can be used to play most any card game. You determine the rules and procedures for the game just as you would if handed a ‘real’ deck of cards. It gives the user complete freedom to move cards or piles of cards anywhere on a table with no preset rules. Cards can be placed into one of four hands, one on each side of the table. Each hand is visible only when the device is tilted on its side facing one of the players. Two devices can be linked with Bluetooth allowing players to play cards across a room. A fixed number of cards can be dealt at the touch of a Tab Bar item. The size of the cards can be adjusted along with various other characteristics of the deck, the deal and the hands. Automated shuffling generates a completely random deck.
Note - This full version of iPlayingCards, available for a small fee, has unlimited random shuffling. In the Lite Version of iPlayingCards, available for free from the App Store, the deck can be automatically shuffled into only four predetermined random decks.
Connect an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Bluetooth and play with players anywhere within Bluetooth range.
Move cards and piles anywhere on the screen/table
- move a card with one-touch moves
- flip a card with a tap
- rotate a card with a two-tap move
- move a card lower in the deck with a reverse-tap
- move and spread piles with two-touch moves
- rotate and flip piles with a double tap
Four hidden hands
- each hand becomes visible when device is tilted onto a side
- only the person on that side can see that hand
- sort hands by suits/rank, right/left, SHDC/SHCD, ace high/low,
- show the number of cards in each hidden hand
- adjust the size of the cards on the table from small to big
- adjust the size of the cards in each hand separately
- add 1 or 2 Jokers
- pick any photo from your Photo Album for the back of the cards
- deal to 1, 2, 3 or 4 players or to an adjacent pile
- deal from 1 to 13 cards to 1-4 players, or 26 to 2 players
- deal face up or face down
- deal cascaded or stacked
- advance the dealer on each shuffle
Animated random shuffling (see Lite Version limitation above)
Animated cut card feature
Please contact us with any questions, comments or suggestions.
Upgrades in the works include:
- Game Center multiplayer feature
- New random decks for the Lite Version
- Preset deal parameters for the most popular games
Screen shots shown below: 1) Crazy 8’s - tilted to face player West - West is playing a King and changing the suit to Diamonds. South holds 12 cards. 2) Bridge – South bid 5 Diamonds, West led the Ace of Spades, North is Dummy and South is now playing the 8 of Spades. South will make 5 Diamonds if the King of Hearts finesse is on. 3) Texas hold ‘em tilted to face player South – pair of Kings awaiting the river card. 4) Same Texas hold ‘em but on a second, Bluetooth-connected device tilted to face player East – two pair awaiting the river card. Card back chosen from second device's Photo Album. 5) Klondike Solitaire – the deal function is set to three cards to an adjacent pile, face up, cascaded.… Expand