8.1

1. Jul 5, 2013
    The idea, visual look, feeling, mood, atmosphere are perfect! This game is pure genius! The reason it doesn't deserve more than 8 is because the game-play is too frustrating. I couldn't play it trough, and not because it's too hard.. rather because you die a lot of times during a play-trough and every time you need to wait for 10 seconds or more and it gets way too frustrated after you had died a hundred times.. it means you had lost hours from your lifetime, not playing just watching your character die and a black screen :(
    If every time I die I could just skip that unnecessary procedure by hitting an Escape or Space or Enter.. I would give it a 9-10
  2. Jul 4, 2013
    Great art style, fun puzzles, challenging, rewarding, entertaining, mysterious. The perfect adventure indie game, only problem that i have is that it's too short but i feel it would have gotten repetitive anyways. This game is a must buy if you own an Xbox or Ps3 and enjoy great games.
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    This is a fascinating game. Of course my grandson figured out more than I could. The only problem is that it takes so much concentration that it gave me a headache.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    Limbo is a fun, scary and exciting plat-forming adventure game that awakens your descent as you hurry to solve the forever coming death traps. How many times will you die? Great graphic style, challenging puzzles and down right terrifying events, will have you on the edge of your sit the whole ride. This Indie game is defiantly worth your time and money!
  5. Jul 3, 2013
    The game is designed around trial-and-error gameplay, with failed attempts resulting in gruesome deaths (in fact, the developers call it “trial and death” game play). AppsGoer’s review is right on time and superb on ideas.
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    Limbo is the kind of game that's just perfect for mobile devices. It's perfectly playable in small chunks, but has this "just one more level" edge to it as well. I've never played it on other devices, but I can't imagine better, highly intuitive, controls than the touch controls that are used here. If you're considering getting this game but are a little uncertain because of some reviews saying the controls are imprecise, don't be. As for the often mentioned high difficulty and frustration level, I seriously don't know what they're talking about. The game is certainly challenging, but with a little perseverance and some wit it's very beatable indeed. Death is frequent, and there's a lot of trial and error, but that's just how this game tests your intellect. Failure is never cheap, and never the result of impossibly sharp timing. I'm not an avid platform gamer, I actually shy away from anything that involves too much fast finger action, but even I could handle these challenges. Maybe it's because I grew up in an age of games where limited restarts where a rule (yes, I'm that old...), but the fact that Limbo picks up the game again just a couple of seconds before your demise, and lets you do so infinitely, feels very forgiving to me.
    Add to that a highly engrossing atmosphere, very inventive and varied puzzles, a great physics engine, just the right kind of morbid humor, and just the perfect game length and you've got one hell (or should I say purgatory?) of a game.
  7. Dec 2, 2013
    This game has awed me like few platformers ever have. Limbo is a story about a little boy that wakes up in a dark forest. You wake up and start exploring.

There may not be motivation as you move along, but then you'll see the first set of gruesome traps that await you and all you can think of doing, is getting out as fast as possible.

The developers took this mindset into account
    and cleverly placed traps to kill those who move too quickly out of fear, but then they also placed traps that take advantage of those who move too cautiously. This strikes a real balance that keeps you on your toes, ever watching, ever waiting, ever running. The music and visuals add to the suspense and the tension throughout the game. The deaths are brutal, and they will happen a lot. The game sets you back instantly before the trap that you die on, allowing you to instantly tackle the problem at hand. Sometimes they will even throw curveballs like brain slugs, forcing movement until you hit the light.

The games puzzles have a great variety, and they leave me wanting more. Sometimes, the constant deaths can grow wearisome, but a fantastic game overall. I earnestly want more.
  8. Dec 2, 2013

The developers took this mindset into account

1. Sep 2, 2013
    A compromised classic. [Oct 2013, p.80]
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    The gameplay is simple and intuitive with a perfect graphic and sound. The level of difficulty is high and isn't easy to find any bug in this title.
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    Limbo is still a wonderful game even on iOS, but the touch controls makes it the less recommendable version of them all.