4.9

1. May 2, 2016
    One of the best Android and ios shooter . Mass Effect Infiltrator has got good graphics and this game very interesting and funny . One of the best Android and ios game at all . EA Games tried making this game on ios and Android . 8/10 . This game even better than Modern Combat 3 Fallen Nation .
  2. Nov 26, 2014
    Mass Effect Infiltrator is a subpar third-person shooter. Like all apps developed by Arctic Monkey studios, the graphics look phenomenal. The studio unfortunately focuses more on graphical prowess; creating games that lack any depth or intrigue. It's splendid to look at, but MEI did not offer enough compelling content to hook me past the first two or three levels.
    The first thing you
    The first thing you should know about MEI is it's nothing like Mass Effect. The game is linear in both it's storytelling and gameplay, has no consequential decisions let alone character interaction, and lacks any roleplaying features. I wasn't expecting a fully fledged Mass Effect game, but some role playing and character interaction would have distinguished it from a run-of-the-mill shooter.
    Combat involves barebones shooting through hordes of enemies. To the developers credit, the enemy variety and power ups were pretty cool. There were about twenty different enemies I encountered, each containing different health stats, weapons, shields, and special abilities to keep the gameplay interesting. There are even some boss fights in between that helped the pacing. The games powerups offered unique abilities that allow your character to turn invisible, levitate enemies, and much more.
    Unfortunately, gameplay elements limit the game's freedom. For example, you can only use powerups or shoot enemies you are locked onto, limiting some creative maneuvers. Invisibility can temporarily delay gunfire, but there is no way to take down enemies silently. And beyond points of cover and explosive barrels, the environments offer no way for your character to improvise.
    Beyond that, there's not much else to say about the game. The story is boring, cliched, and lacks any depth. The main character does win the game any points either, acting as a rough and tough soldier without any soul. Non-stop catchphrases such as "Hello!" "Everyone dies..." and "Peek-a-boo!" don't improve his likeability. While a friend of his died in the enemy's hand, the game didn't clearly indicate why he was fighting both factions of this galactic war.
    There were moral decisions in the game, but they did not amount to anything. You would approach a random NPC and be given the option to kill or spare him or her. There was no compelling reason to do either because the NPCs neither say nor do anything to convince you one way or the other. The "moral decisions" did not impact gameplay either, and I assume will only amount to a cliched multiple ending.
    There is no roleplaying in the game. The character can however upgrade his weapons or armour. Currency can be found scattered throughout the game and after a fight between multiple enemies, the game usually rewards the player with some cash. The upgrades are pretty rudimentary though, only upgrading health, damage, etc. with the exception of the three additional power-ups you can purchase.
    The graphics may be the game's only saving grace. The backdrops look nice, the sound design and voice acting are top notch (even if the lines are bland), and the games textures, particle effects, and polygon count stand out from most iOS shooters. The environments however never feel plausible. The extreme linearity of them make areas like space stations look nothing more than mazes of randomly placed computer and desks. On top of that, the lack of interactivity with NPCs or the environment makes the graphics and presentation only a thin icing on a below average cake.
    Don't get me wrong. The mindless shooting can be fun and the enemies did offer a challenge. Despite the graphics though, Mass Effect Infiltrator contains less substance and variety found in your average shooter. Skip it.
  3. May 6, 2013
    Pretty decent game, played it on my Galaxy S2 and works great. Controls work pretty good, only wen you go in panic mode then you notice why you absolutely need a controller, keyboard etc etc. I like the game and enjoy it, I like that you can upload your progress to "Galaxy at war" So at the BioWare Social N7 HQ you have the info besides your Multi-player info. And it counts as war assetsPretty decent game, played it on my Galaxy S2 and works great. Controls work pretty good, only wen you go in panic mode then you notice why you absolutely need a controller, keyboard etc etc. I like the game and enjoy it, I like that you can upload your progress to "Galaxy at war" So at the BioWare Social N7 HQ you have the info besides your Multi-player info. And it counts as war assets in ME3.

Sure is nice to play around in the ME universe wen you have a spare moment.
  4. Jun 19, 2012
    i found this too expensive for such quality. the game is decent but not worth 6.99$. the story's not very interesting but the graphics are pretty cool..
  5. Mar 9, 2012
    It's actually pretty decent, but it's nothing like the real thing..just keep that in mind. Usually, I dislike shooting games on my iPad but this game actually has some decent controls, but they tend to be a bit chaotic sometimes. Also, if you're looking for a story like the real Mass Effect, don't buy this. The story is rather thin and paragon/renegade choices are limited to kill/don'tIt's actually pretty decent, but it's nothing like the real thing..just keep that in mind. Usually, I dislike shooting games on my iPad but this game actually has some decent controls, but they tend to be a bit chaotic sometimes. Also, if you're looking for a story like the real Mass Effect, don't buy this. The story is rather thin and paragon/renegade choices are limited to kill/don't kill. It's an ok shooter and it has some real nice graphics, but don't expect anything more. Expand

1. Jul 17, 2012
    Finally, and this may be inconsequential to the game, or indeed the entire Mass Effect universe, but why are there so many Australians in space?
  2. Jun 27, 2012
    Mass Effect: Infiltrator honors de series. After the first and mediocre first attempt of EA and Bioware in iOS, now Mass Effect and its universe have a great adaptation, with ever growing content.
  3. Jun 19, 2012
    Technically convincing Mass Effect Infiltrator is a step forward for EA Mobile gaming but not a new point of arrival.