• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 2012
  • Also On: PC
6.2

1. May 16, 2013
    When i saw, i was sure this gonnabe an awesome game, and it is! WOULD BE. The speed of the game, IF YOU DONT PAY, a lot SLOWER then a crippled turtle, and the cost... I'd say, its not expensive, but when i realize, it's an copy of 'XY the GATHERING' and they release new packs, around 2-6 months, for ~15Euro (as instant buy), it's cost a lot, because if you want play good, and efficient,When i saw, i was sure this gonnabe an awesome game, and it is! WOULD BE. The speed of the game, IF YOU DONT PAY, a lot SLOWER then a crippled turtle, and the cost... I'd say, its not expensive, but when i realize, it's an copy of 'XY the GATHERING' and they release new packs, around 2-6 months, for ~15Euro (as instant buy), it's cost a lot, because if you want play good, and efficient, you NEED TO HAVE the MOST of cards, to build good decks. Or you play 2-4 hours day to have ENOUGH money... and get tons of the same RANDOM cards, you dont need.
    So you wont have free GOLD, when the expansion comes, OR NOT ENOUGH, and you played A LOT, and bougth tons of packs, contains 12 RANDOM cards!
    The result, if you wanna play enjoyable, even on MEDIUM level ~400-1000 rate, you will/must PAY for the game, or you need to sacrafice your life to get the good cards. So this game, if i suppose, get frequent updates, and content, then INSANE EXPENSIVE.

So overall:

Gameplay 8/10 (If you like card games, and this "random card draw" stuff)
    Music/Graphics 6/10 (Would be a lot better)
    GameMech 8/10 (The logic of fight/buffs/spells)
    Pay/Cost 1/10 (Insane expensive, for a constant "UP TO DATE" deck)

Like this, i cant give more then 3, because of hte money system.

The best bet: Dont play/Dont buy.

Could be an epic awesome game... to sad
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    Free to play, and very much pay to win. Starter cards are bland, with little control, while better cards, that you can reliably get only by spending cash, easily dominate the battlefield. Tournaments are open to all players of all skill levels, and they bring their decks with them, making it near impossible for anyone not investing large amounts of money to rank and gain any rewards as youFree to play, and very much pay to win. Starter cards are bland, with little control, while better cards, that you can reliably get only by spending cash, easily dominate the battlefield. Tournaments are open to all players of all skill levels, and they bring their decks with them, making it near impossible for anyone not investing large amounts of money to rank and gain any rewards as you will likely have 2 or 3 top end players in every tournament. Avoid, unless you want to spend at least $50 to be competitive, and well over $100 to dominate. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2013
    A truly terrible game. Unbalanced decks and severe pay to win mechanics make this game hard to enjoy. Would not recommend this game to anyone and would advise against even giving it a try.

1. Jun 3, 2013
    When I first started up Duel of Champions and played through the tutorial, I never thought I'd be playing for the next four hours. I found myself becoming easily lost in the game, with my duels lasting over a half hour but only seeming like 10 minutes. It's a solid CCG for sure, and one that I don't mind being tied to at the moment.
  2. Apr 18, 2013
    A card-battling game into which serious strategy fans will want to invest some equally serious time.
  3. Apr 16, 2013
    Be sure to take the time to get to know Ubisoft's latest entry in the Might & Magic franchise: a deeply satisfying take on the card battler gaming genre.