5.9

1. Nov 23, 2011
    i know its kinda well boring for now but survival mode is coming and its official by notch. i dont see why its so bad its minecraft on the ipod. just be patient and wait a month more and survival mode will come. and more things
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    Im sad to see the 2 poor reviews even one from a critic who should be informed that this is not the final release of minecraft iOS pocket edition. It even says v0.1.2 ALPHA just like normal minecraft this will have updates with new features, they can't simply press a button to transfer from pc to iOS. He mentioned it some time on twitter or his blog.
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    Okay, so maybe this isn't as great as the PC version of Minecraft, but how can anyone expect it to be. It is called Pocket Edition for a reason. It's supposed to be played on the go. They keep adding new content so it keeps getting better and better. Until the devices you play Pocket Edition on get better, the game will have it's limitations. Go out and buy this game now, before it gets toOkay, so maybe this isn't as great as the PC version of Minecraft, but how can anyone expect it to be. It is called Pocket Edition for a reason. It's supposed to be played on the go. They keep adding new content so it keeps getting better and better. Until the devices you play Pocket Edition on get better, the game will have it's limitations. Go out and buy this game now, before it gets to its full potential and the developers raise the price! This is a great game. Expand
  4. Apr 7, 2013
    well to all of the people who didn't wait for it to become really epic with multiplayer and survival mode and waaaaaaay better controls. i would have to say suck it because the new minecraft is defiantly worth 7.50 dollars
  5. Jun 19, 2012
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt for being porrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbble!!!!!
  6. Feb 14, 2013
    Pocket Edition is a wonderful transfer from the PC. Though it lacks the features the PC has, and the controls are a bit wonky, it's still a great game for on-the-go.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    To the people who give this BAD FUDGING REVIEWS GO YOURSELF.
    This game, is not finished. It is an awesome game, especially because tablets have such less power then PC's. SUCK IT, PEOPLE WHO GIVE IT BAD REVIEWS.
  8. Oct 4, 2013
    Good game! I played this first then minecraft. Very much updates. Online Multiplayer (in alpha). Pocket version is all time in you ride. Play it love it.

Very Good Updates
    -LAN Multiplayer

Best One
    All Bugs Repaired in 1-2 Days
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    The best game i have ever played. Pocket Edition is better than Xbox 360. I haven't tried PC yet but this is awesome and this is the best way to play Minecraft in my opinion.
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    The current Minecraft PE is much better now,it contain more feature,block,item and mobs.It run very smooth on my phone even everything is set to highest.There is something I don't really like is update is coming out very slow.Even update is slow but when a new update is come out it contain lot of new feature.

Minecraft PE is much better comparing to previous versions,it is worth to buy

Minecraft PE is much better comparing to previous versions,it is worth to buy and it need given 10/10 score.
  11. May 18, 2014
    It seems to me that many played the early versions of the game, and wrote it off once they realized it didn't have ___, ___, and ___. It doesn't have infinite worlds, or certain materials/items, or some mobs/bosses (Enderdragon, anyone?), or places like the Nether and the "End". However, I think it is the prospect of simply being able to build, explore, and survive that attracts many toIt seems to me that many played the early versions of the game, and wrote it off once they realized it didn't have ___, ___, and ___. It doesn't have infinite worlds, or certain materials/items, or some mobs/bosses (Enderdragon, anyone?), or places like the Nether and the "End". However, I think it is the prospect of simply being able to build, explore, and survive that attracts many to the game. It's simplistic nature is what attracts both young and old. To keep from getting bored, I download maps and mods, and play on External multiplayer servers (like Capture the Flag, Survival Games, and DayZ/.

Minecraft is something of a cultural phenomenon-- it has brought on countless imitations, ripoffs, knockoffs, and spin-offs (PixelGun 3D, Survivalcraft, Roblox, Terraria, etc). It has a wide variety of merchandise: clothes, toys, Lego sets, etc. It is rumored to become a movie one day. It is available on multiple platforms. Many YouTubers dedicate countless videos to the game, many have channels just about the game (ExplodingTNT, Orepros, ItsJerryandHarry, SkyDoesMinecraft, etc). Many 10-year-old noobs (for lack of better word) and wannabes make videos as well on the game. It is such a money-making machine! A game must be really good and appealing, or incredibly overhyped (which it might be) to be such and inspiration.

Kind of got off topic there, didn't I?

The game needs more mobs/bosses, more items/blocks, more environments, etc. It would be nice to have infinite worlds as well. Enchanted objects would be a plus. The list of omissions is long. Overall, it's not a perfect port of the PC version-but it'll do for now. Keep in mind it's name--Pocket Edition. It's a mini version. The game can't have everything the PC version has, because the devices many play it on probably couldn't handle it all. I still wish it had updates more often, and that the updates added more. Still needs work, but it bas improved from the beginning.
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    Minecraft PE is a great port for iOS. It includes some of the features from the PC version. With every major update, MCPE is becoming more like the PC Minecraft. This game is worth $6.99. You should get this game.
  13. Feb 1, 2014
    I cannot imagine why on Earth Minecraft has such a low score. This is an excellent little game. Myself and my seven year old daughter love it. I play on the Kindle Fire HD and She plays on My Samsung Galaxy 3. We often do multiplayer and spend a few hours creating amazing imaginary structures.

Minecraft is the perfect sandbox game. There are two game types, Survival and Creative. Survival requires you to mine for materials and stay alive by eating food and fighting beasties. Creative gives you an infinite amount of items and materials so you can just build to your hearts content. The worlds are made of square blocks. You can mine into the earth or build upon it. I have had a great time building underwater cities, hollowed out mountain houses, floating islands, underground cave homes and giant castles. The world truly is your oyster.

With the latest update you can build mine carts and use electric switch systems to really experiment. The game is as deep as you want to make it, you can spend months in survival mode building an impenetrable fortress or simply recreate your own home in creative mode.

The graphics are bright and the block worlds and characters are really unique. The controls on a touch screen are perfect and feel very natural while playing. I really don’t have a bad thing to say about this game. At just £4.99 it’s a bargain. Make this top of your mobile/tablet game list!
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    Minecraft is basically a super fun game that takes place in a 3-D block world. You mine, build, craft, and create anything you want. Basically there are two modes, survival and creative. In creative, you have and infinite amount of all resources and blocks and the ability to fly. There are no monsters and lives, and no time (day and night). Say you want to build a roller coaster or a big,Minecraft is basically a super fun game that takes place in a 3-D block world. You mine, build, craft, and create anything you want. Basically there are two modes, survival and creative. In creative, you have and infinite amount of all resources and blocks and the ability to fly. There are no monsters and lives, and no time (day and night). Say you want to build a roller coaster or a big, fancy mansion? No problem in creative. Survival on the other hand is a little trickier but I like it better personally. There are monsters, lives, day and night, and hunger. You start out with nothing and you need to mine and dig for your resources. You can take your original stuff and craft it into better stuff. Say you have a few blocks of wood. You can then turn that into a crafting table which you can make a sword or a shovel on. It becomes super fun once you get far.

My personal experience with this game is super awesome. I personally like survival better.
    I will tell you, this game i probably best for 7 and up because you do kill little cartoonish monsters. Otherwise, it is a great game, there is no bad language, bad adult stuff such as drinking or drugs, and it definitely inspires kids to be creative and smart. All in all, I love this game and I think everyone should give it a try.
  15. Apr 15, 2014
    I don't understand the low score here on Metacritic for MCPE. Anyone who buy the game shouldn't expect a full blown Minecraft PC game but for smartphones but nowadays it's much better than what it used to be at least. I really like how fast they seem to be adopting right now. Though, it's probably not likely it'll ever reach the same features as the PC version but that doesn't matterI don't understand the low score here on Metacritic for MCPE. Anyone who buy the game shouldn't expect a full blown Minecraft PC game but for smartphones but nowadays it's much better than what it used to be at least. I really like how fast they seem to be adopting right now. Though, it's probably not likely it'll ever reach the same features as the PC version but that doesn't matter because it does a wonderful thing at delivering an amazing game for smartphones. I got it for my iPhone and it's the only game I ever play on the iPhone.

Not only do they have a singleplayer function but also a multiplayer function which have allowed me to at multiple occasions meet up with friends in the game even though we are on different connections to chat and play. External servers (as found here: http://mcpeindex ) is still the most widely used option but there will also be something soon called Minecraft Realms, probably late this year, which will open up for getting servers directly from Minecraft/Mojang AB. It'll be subscription based and apparently work nice for a group of friends who just want to play on some stable online server once in a while.

I expect to still see the normal/current external servers still as soon as Minecraft Realms comes as it won't be covering the plugins part of the game etc.

I highly recommend this app. For 6.99 dollars it's a really neat game I think. Best of luck!
  16. Sep 5, 2014
    Seriously why are all these bad reviews, yes i know its not as good as PC but remember u can go to a restaurant and use it easily, u can use it in A LOT of places, u cant randomly bring your laptop to all these places but u can with ipad/iphone and btw its only $8 and its still an excellent game, still fun! They r still improving it and turning it into PC (dont know why they didnt do likeSeriously why are all these bad reviews, yes i know its not as good as PC but remember u can go to a restaurant and use it easily, u can use it in A LOT of places, u cant randomly bring your laptop to all these places but u can with ipad/iphone and btw its only $8 and its still an excellent game, still fun! They r still improving it and turning it into PC (dont know why they didnt do like PC from the start) but still very good Expand
  17. Oct 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a note to mojang AB To make Minecraft pocket edition iOS better I suggest that you at least put in nether portals and some mods or texture packs. Can you please also put in dispenser buttons or pressure plate and red stone torches please. But overall it's a lot better the the demo version. Expand
  18. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is a MUST GET. It is the most awesome game on iOS and Android. Cheap, but not as good as the PS4 Edition. I am mad to see this Game under-rated. Its such an awesome great game.
  19. Dec 22, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This new update is absolutely fantastic. It adds in the Ender Dragon, and just about every feature from The End as of 1.9 PC. Get the app while it's still 9.99 because now that it's out of alpha, the price will be rising to 26.99 in the new year. By far my favorite version because of how smooth it runs and how feature packed it is. Expand
  20. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10 Collapse Collapse
  21. Apr 8, 2017
    This game has the unfortunate luck of being an iOS game. It was very incomplete upon launch and got bad reviews for it. Despite constantly being updated and improved like any iOS game, almost nobody's re-reviewed it. You can trust me when I say that, as of the day this review was made, it's almost as good as the PC version. I've played it for over 3 years now, and I've seen the game goThis game has the unfortunate luck of being an iOS game. It was very incomplete upon launch and got bad reviews for it. Despite constantly being updated and improved like any iOS game, almost nobody's re-reviewed it. You can trust me when I say that, as of the day this review was made, it's almost as good as the PC version. I've played it for over 3 years now, and I've seen the game go from a watered-down port missing many items and features to an almost identical port only missing a few items and features, and even having some exclusive ones. Something many people take for granted is how the control scheme was adapted to iOS, which I think turned out great. Most of my opinions on the PC version are the same as with this version, except this one doesn't quite have everything, so it isn't quite as good. Also worth mentioning: this is the best iOS game I've played because it's one of the few that plays like a real game, and not a time-waster. Expand

Not really worth the price in its current form, unless you're a die-hard fan of the Creative game mode of Minecraft. And yet it still manages to be a recommendable series, as there's something zen-like about just building to your hearts content.
  2. Games Master UK
    Jan 12, 2012
    For now it's all craft and no mine. [Feb 2012, p.87]
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    This iOS version, alas, is akin to the original's early iterations. You're only offered the sandbox creation mode, in which you potter about a vast landscape, placing blocks to build stuff. Recreate your own house; make a fairytale castle; spell out 'help, I'm bored' – the choice is yours. And that's basically it.