Monument Valley iOS

• Publisher: ustwo
  • Release Date: Apr 3, 2014
8.1

1. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily one of the better iPhone games ever made. While it will only last you around an hour, that hour will be extraordinary, artistic, and beautiful. "Quality over quantity" defines this game well. The art style is amazing, levels/puzzles are clever and well-designed, the plot is mysterious, and it's overall something you just have to experience. In a market over-saturated with Pay toEasily one of the better iPhone games ever made. While it will only last you around an hour, that hour will be extraordinary, artistic, and beautiful. "Quality over quantity" defines this game well. The art style is amazing, levels/puzzles are clever and well-designed, the plot is mysterious, and it's overall something you just have to experience. In a market over-saturated with Pay to Win games and IAP's, Monument Valley stands out and definitely deserves your attention at its $3.99 asking price. Expand
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    A true feat that mobile phone gaming can be artistic and well constructed. Not once did I see an advertisement or a microtransaction, and it made me feel as if it were something more than a cash in.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    The puzzle genre has been has been nice to mobile users for years and monument valley is no exeption it looks like a generic move the block to get to the goal but it it has a twist a twist in reality it some times looks like you can't do anything but your probably being tricked by its masterpiece of puzzles and the story is poetic puzzle as well it has a very good price and it literallyThe puzzle genre has been has been nice to mobile users for years and monument valley is no exeption it looks like a generic move the block to get to the goal but it it has a twist a twist in reality it some times looks like you can't do anything but your probably being tricked by its masterpiece of puzzles and the story is poetic puzzle as well it has a very good price and it literally looks like art Expand
  4. Apr 9, 2014
    Monument Valley is an amazingly fun game. It's like Fez meets MC Escher. I only wished it was a bit longer, the ten levels can be finished in one sitting.
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    This game reminded me of DampGnat's Wonderputt. That is a compliment of the highest form. This game is not only beautiful, but also very deep. Even though there isn't dialogue or cutscenes, the devs get their point across. It doesn't hurt that the puzzles and gameplay are flawless. Buy this game now and never look back. We need more iOS games like this.
  6. Apr 7, 2014
    It seems the urgency for time has permeated the minds of the developers at ustwo. Monument Valley’s 2-3 hour play-through is the perfect amount of that decadent cake. The experience of Monument Valley is sure to please both the hardcore gamer and casual audiences alike. In fact, it is the perfect example of the importance of short and sweet, possibly introducing these polarizing audiencesIt seems the urgency for time has permeated the minds of the developers at ustwo. Monument Valley’s 2-3 hour play-through is the perfect amount of that decadent cake. The experience of Monument Valley is sure to please both the hardcore gamer and casual audiences alike. In fact, it is the perfect example of the importance of short and sweet, possibly introducing these polarizing audiences to a new approach in game design as seen in Journey, The Room, or EDGE. And like that decadent cake, Monument Valley’s length, design, and puzzles are mesmerizing enough to feel satisfied yet haunting enough to warrant constant craving. If DLC is abound, sign me up. Expand
  7. Apr 8, 2014
    Bought this game upon release and it is worth every penny spent. It feels like the developers have put in a lot of time and dedication into it and it shows. The only issue with it is that it is too short. 10 levels is not enough especially when each level takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Hope the developers intend to release additional levels in a future update.
  8. Apr 4, 2014
    This game was absolutely surprising. I bought it (I think) around an hour after it was released. The game is beautiful, the soundtrack is pretty good, and the level design is incredibly clever. If you're looking for a good puzzle game on your favored iOS device, I wholeheartedly recommend Monument Valley.
  9. Apr 4, 2014
    Astounded by the inspired visuals and the use of depth perception. Awesome time waster and really well-made game. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fresh puzzle-based game.
  10. May 20, 2015
    Great game great concept great puzzles great controles just a perfect puzzle game best game on mobile platform and thanks to ustwo thatthey released it on android also because they dont take money for making it exlusive on iphone
  11. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a great little game, good for adults and children. Teaches perception, 3D thinking and imagination. Clever, subtle, beautiful, addictive, with a calm relaxing music. Pure magic. I want more.
  12. Mar 27, 2015
    Love it, Nice little game that made me dreamy though but it was a zen like experience. The art style is incredible with 3D perception along geometries executed with clever aesthetics. Absorbing, beautiful, subtle,with a calm relaxing music. Pure magic. You'll need more. Just try this. Thank you Mr. President
    #HouseOfCard got me into this.
  13. May 24, 2015
    Monument Valley did far more with its style and aesthetics than I would have thought possible. The game did not outlive its interest by any sense; when I beat the game after about 2 hours, I thought "Wow, that was short, but I'm not sure that I would have needed it to go on any longer". I enjoyed it for its aesthetics, its presentation, and the way it turned Escher paintings into a puzzle.Monument Valley did far more with its style and aesthetics than I would have thought possible. The game did not outlive its interest by any sense; when I beat the game after about 2 hours, I thought "Wow, that was short, but I'm not sure that I would have needed it to go on any longer". I enjoyed it for its aesthetics, its presentation, and the way it turned Escher paintings into a puzzle. The puzzles are pretty simple and easy enough for a child, but it felt good nevertheless to see the princess traversing what should have been impossible terrain. My only wish was that the game had some way of enhancing its replayability. Expand
  14. Jan 22, 2015
    Monument Valley is a unique M.C. Escher type dreamscape with fantastic visuals and audio that relax the player whilst marveling at the beauty of the graphics. With very unique puzzles, Monument Valley is a must have on any iphone or ipad.
  15. Jul 12, 2015
    One of my favorite iOS games. Monument Valley is a beautiful puzzle game inspired by the artwork of MC Escher. It is fairly easy and a bit short but it is an experience that shouldn't be missed by anyone with an iPhone or iPad.
  16. May 11, 2014
    I just spent a very enjoyable and Zen-like two hours with Monument Valley on my iPad. It is a new, arty puzzler that brings to mind Escher, Journey and possibly Fez. It enjoys playing with your brain by playing with perspective. As a pointy-hatted princess, you have to make your way around structures that could not exist in the real world. To do so, you have to rotate levers, which mayI just spent a very enjoyable and Zen-like two hours with Monument Valley on my iPad. It is a new, arty puzzler that brings to mind Escher, Journey and possibly Fez. It enjoys playing with your brain by playing with perspective. As a pointy-hatted princess, you have to make your way around structures that could not exist in the real world. To do so, you have to rotate levers, which may alter the environment, raise and lower paths, step on tricky-to-reach switches and befriend a blinking, yellow totem (!). If two paths don’t actually connect, but you can manipulate the view in such a way that they seem to line up, you can now actually walk across from one to the other.

It is not an entirely new concept, but is done very well here. You will pleasantly struggle to grasp the impossible bending of space, but you won’t be stumped. There was only one instance where I was stalled for a longish amount of time, because I didn’t realize that lifting a lid from one end would reveal something else beneath it, than lifting it from the other end. My sense of reality was getting in the way of my embrace of surrealism.

Monument Valley is a very short game with only ten – beautifully designed – chapters, so it won’t take you long to finish; about an hour or two. But the stylish, charmingly simple graphics, the poetic hints suggesting a melancholy backstory, the relaxing music and – of course – the surreal puzzle-platforming, make for a great experience. I guess some people will object to the relatively high price for such a short mobile game, but if you’re someone who values quality over quantity, then picking this up is – ironically – a no-brainer.
  17. Jan 15, 2015
    One of the best games for iOS; not a hard point to argue, but I know a lot of people are skeptical because of the price point. Incredibly well developed, takes full advantage of the iPhone's graphical quality, and is "simple" enough not to frustrate with its puzzles -- just a great atmospheric journey that sits with you for a bit. If you're a fan of Fez, you'll love this.
  18. Jan 20, 2015
    Endlessly charming, fun little noggin scratcher puzzles, amazing aesthetic choice and spot-on execution. I don't normally play mobile games since my phone is a bit outdated, but I am very glad that I decided to pick this one up.

None of the puzzles outstayed their welcome, nor were the too difficult for most anyone to be able to figure out. This could be a great little game to play with your children. The atmosphere was engrossing and I truly loved the art style and aesthetics of this piece. It's hard to imagine being enraptured by little birds and a girl, but I loved the little caws, the pitter patter of the Princess' footsteps and the ambient music.

For those who believe this game was too short, I get it. I wish it was a little longer too, but it is what it is. Also, the game is super cheap. To those of you that say it should have been free, maybe you don't understand how games are made, or are too overwhelmed by free-mium type games to care. Either way, I am very happy with my $3 purchase (seriously, you're complaining about three bucks...) and will be picking up any expansions/dlc that the devs have to offer.

An easy recommendation, and a hearty 9/10 :)
  19. Jun 18, 2014
    Love it, not just a simple game but a dreamy idea that improves your imagination.
    Great design and a lot of interesting levels. If you're looking for a good puzzle game, you found it .The experience of Monument Valley is sure to please both: experienced players and just-for-fun players
  20. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is very beautiful and imaginative play. A little short, but consolation is that the player participates in an experience which you never forget. Touching and varied artwork. I will not give you the maximum points only due to the above mentioned brevity. Those who can give it a try.
  21. Nov 13, 2014
    Monument Valley is a charming and imaginative premium puzzle game that clearly demonstrates that casual iOS games don't have to be mindless or derivative. The game is short — in a "leaves you wanting more" sense — and the day after completing it (I finished it off in an evening) I found myself recommending it to everyone with an iPhone.
  22. Mar 12, 2015
    best cellphone game out there
    the puzzle's are fun and interesting while leading them with a great m.c.escher style of art. sureal landscapes and puzzles are what make this game unique, with a hidden mysterious story that flows perfectly with little dialogue.
  23. May 9, 2015
    This game is pretty awesome and has pretty awesome ideas, but sadly falls a bit short. Pretty graphics are stunning and I played it again after I finished it. I just hate how short it is. Otherwise it would get a full 10/10 from me. Its worth the price if you like short games (which I dont). But if you do, this game is a must buy for you.

1. May 13, 2015
    This eautiful puzzle platformer is an atmospheric trip, but a tad too short. Well designed puzzles keep you occupied for couple of hours, but when the credits roll, you'll be crawing for more. [May 2015]
  2. Feb 3, 2015
    Monument Valley is a perfect combination of creative beauty and fun simplicity.
  3. Monument Valley is a strong contender for my mobile game of the year.