"Moxie is a great strategic word game...for months Wurdle has been my go-to word game, but it's time to move that one down a page or two and make room for Moxie." - Bob Bedore, appVersity.com
"If you’re a word-lover like me and you have an iPhone, you should absolutely"Moxie is a great strategic word game...for months Wurdle has been my go-to word game, but it's time to move that one down a page or two and make room for Moxie." - Bob Bedore, appVersity.com
"If you’re a word-lover like me and you have an iPhone, you should absolutely have Moxie in your list of apps. Along with the best of iPhone word games like Imangi, Moxie is original, deceptively challenging, well-designed, addictive, and polished. It’s a peaceful, soothing game that should not be overlooked. I love my Moxie. I play it every night before bed, and it’s definitely a permanent game on my iPhone." - SeeJaneGame.net
"A special treat indeed...Moxie presents a unique and enjoyable challenge that stands apart from the crowd...It’s one of the few that I find myself coming back to repeatedly." - Frapstr.com
IMPORTANT: Make sure your iPhone/iPod is up to date. A small percentage of our users have reported that Moxie will crash when starting up. This problem can be resolved easily by updating your iPhone/iPod:
(1) Connect your iPhone/iPod to iTunes on your computer
(2) Run the iPhone/iPod update
(3) Restart your iPhone/iPod device
I'm Christopher York, co-inventor of Moxie, and I'd like to tell you a little bit about our game.
First of all, it's a word game that's DIFFERENT from anything else you'll find on the App Store, and that's by design. We were tired of seeing the same word game themes recycled over and over again...anagrams, Boggle, word finds, and stuff like that. We wanted to make something truly unique, and I think we've succeeded. Here are some qualities that I think make Moxie truly special:
* NO PRESSURE. Moxie is not a race. There's no clock. You can go as fast or as slow as you like.
* QUICK TO PLAY. The average game of Moxie takes less than 5 minutes.
* QUICK TO LEARN. Moxie only has a few simple rules, and we've even included a short video to show you how to play.
* ERGONOMIC. Are you tired of tiny little hard-to-press buttons and screens you can hardly read? The Moxie board is simple, clear, and direct...and you can actually see the buttons without your bifocals.
* REWARDS STRATEGIC THINKING. You don't need a vocabulary the size Webster's dictionary to score well. Sure, it helps to know a lot of words, but good old-fashioned strategy will get you a lot farther.
* WHOLESOME. That's right Moxie is just good clean fun. There's no crashing into anything and no killing anything. Why even your Mom will enjoy playing Moxie. I know mine does. In fact she helped invent the game!
Moxie is the word game guaranteed to please. Play one game and you'll be hooked. If you're good maybe you'll even get the high score, but I doubt it. My Mom has scored 3310 and honestly I don't think you'll be able to beat her. I sure can't!
HOW TO PLAY
You start with a hand of 52 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.
You score points by:
1. Making unique words with the letters
2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.
3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points
Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.
There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
---------------- Features: - Pick up right where you left off - Global leader board - Short tutorial video (no internet required) - Ergonomic design - Relaxing and refreshing gameplay - Wholesome… Expand