Earth is under attack! A tireless alien menace has begun a relentless assault against the cradle of humanity. The best defence we have against the invaders is the Earth Orbital Defence Force (EODF).
Orbital Defence is an arcade-style, flick-based shoot-'em-up (flick-shmup) reminiscentEarth is under attack! A tireless alien menace has begun a relentless assault against the cradle of humanity. The best defence we have against the invaders is the Earth Orbital Defence Force (EODF).
Orbital Defence is an arcade-style, flick-based shoot-'em-up (flick-shmup) reminiscent of the great shoot-'em-ups of the past, such as Galaga, Missile Command and Space Invaders.
"This is definitely one of the best games of this kind of game I've ever played! It's well thought out, has really clean graphics and is just plain fun!"
— game reviewer Tyler Flowers
"Orbital Defence’s game play is smooth and the graphics are crisp...7/10"
"A fun and unique take on the usual shooter/defense game."
— iTunes user "shaken not stirred"
"Heaps of fun. Sharp, crisp graphics, and unique controls. My best purchase so far, can't put it down."
— iTunes user ihass
What makes Orbital Defence unique is its flick-based control system, which makes the most of the touch-oriented control surface—the result of which is a highly playable and great fun shoot 'em up that you can play in a cafe, on the train, on the bus, in the pub...anywhere you take your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Work your way through the 12-level Campaign mode or try your hand at Survival mode, where your only goal is to survive as long as you can.
We've even added Facebook integration so your friends can see how awesome you are.
- Simple, intuitive and addictive gameplay that anyone from beginners to shmup pros will find fun and engaging.
- The flick-based control mechanic has been designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch, instead of shoe-horning existing shmup controls to the unique device.
- A bright, action-packed visual style supported by great 3D graphics.
- Carefully planned learning and difficulty curves that ensure the game is easy to play, but difficult to master.
- Fast-paced, exciting combat with both iconic and innovative enemy archetypes.
- Memorable boss battles that hearken to "old school" shmups.
- Two discrete game modes: Campaign and Survival.
- Three difficulty levels ensures a challenge for all player levels, from casual to hardcore
- Multiple viable strategies and accuracy-based score modifiers provide exceptional gameplay depth
- Online global high score uploading to provide an on-going competitive challenge (Think you've got skills? Prove it).
- Facebook integration so your friends can see how awesome you are.
- Additional levels to extend the experience.
- All-new boss units to challenge you.
- Increased Facebook footprint.… Expand
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Mar 26, 2012This is a simple but very cool little game. It's like Galaga, but you flick with your finger to shoot the nasties. I've been playing this gameThis is a simple but very cool little game. It's like Galaga, but you flick with your finger to shoot the nasties. I've been playing this game on the train to work now and then for 3 years and I still love it, which is pretty much the best thing I reckon you can say about any game. Highly recommended.… Expand