6.8

1. Jul 9, 2013
    Excellent game to have some fun with. Took about 3 hours of my time to play through. I could not see myself playing through this game more than once, but the three hours I spent playing I had a blast.
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    For those who were around back in the good old days of monochrome graphics (yeah, there was something worse than 8-bit), you almost certainly know The Oregon Trail. A bunch of dolts pile into a wagon and go trundling off to Oregon, breaking the wagon, hunting for food, and getting dysentery. Ah, the good old days. Well, they're back with a twist: The Organ Trail has opened. The zombieFor those who were around back in the good old days of monochrome graphics (yeah, there was something worse than 8-bit), you almost certainly know The Oregon Trail. A bunch of dolts pile into a wagon and go trundling off to Oregon, breaking the wagon, hunting for food, and getting dysentery. Ah, the good old days. Well, they're back with a twist: The Organ Trail has opened. The zombie apocalypse has lurched onto the scene. You and four others pile into a classic station wagon in search of a safe zone. You're not hunting food now; you're scavenging and trying to stop from being food for roaming zombies. Survivor colonies are there for trading, work, and upgrading your car. And, yep, watch out for dysentery and typhoid. It's a game with great throwback graphics, a cool premise, good implementation, and overall a lot of fun in a small package. So what am I doing giving it a six? Doesn't it deserve like a nine? Yeah, it does, except there are some long-standing bugs that still haven't been fixed, the worst of which is a disappearing gunsight that renders you effectively unable to defend yourself or scavenge (which means your only recourse is reset). If that could be fixed, this would be a nine with ease. Here's hoping. Expand
  3. Gid
    Oct 8, 2013
    This is a very clever RPG game. One which had me hooked for hours on end. As a play on Oregon Trail, this uses the same mechanics but in a zombie apocalypse setting. This was definitely an open space in the market, as most of the zombie games nowadays just require shooting and shooting until they're all dead, not many people realized the potential in a zombie apocalypse setting. It's aboutThis is a very clever RPG game. One which had me hooked for hours on end. As a play on Oregon Trail, this uses the same mechanics but in a zombie apocalypse setting. This was definitely an open space in the market, as most of the zombie games nowadays just require shooting and shooting until they're all dead, not many people realized the potential in a zombie apocalypse setting. It's about management of your party, how basic resources are restricted, how, when society breaks down, unspeakable actions become necessary routines. The management is played out perfectly well in this game. It gives you responsibilities and lets you decide your priorities. This allows you to come up with different ways to tackle situations. For example, I found myself stockpiling on scraps and waiting until I came across an area where they could be sold for a high price. When an RPG game finds the user working out these kinds of tactics, it means it's a success.

Though things may get repetitive, and the game can, at some points, outstay it's welcome, this is definite win if you're a fan of the RPG genre.

1. Feb 15, 2013
    Try to play it seriously and only anger and frustration awaits. It’s lovable in attitude for a short while but once you begin repeating cycles it soon runs out of fuel. Much like the car now abandoned on that highway.
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 8, 2012
    Manages to nail the sense of dread inherent in all good zombie fiction. [Nov 2012, p.29]
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    Organ Trail is immensely fun to play a couple of times, but after that the fun vanes.