No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings
"What iPad Gaming Should Be All About" -- Gizmodo
Enter the ambient world that GameAndPlayer called "a work of genius," and IGN called "a beautiful, absorbing experience." Osmos features elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a beautiful electronic soundtrack. Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes; propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you; but be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and challenging worlds.
Nominated for 4 IGF awards. Winner of the D2D Vision award and IGN's Editor's Choice award. Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade. Selected for the PAX 10 and more.*
This original, award-winning PC game has been fully redesigned for the iPad, including a seamless multitouch interface, new menus, play modes, levels, and tons of tweaks and refinements.
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn, with OpenFeint integration.
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
*Refers to original PC/Mac version.… Expand
Positive: 8 out of 8
Mixed: 0 out of 8
Negative: 0 out of 8
Feb 6, 201190This kind of "ambient game" is truly a perfect match. With touch controls there is no disconnect between you and the game, which in turn pulls you deeper in Osmos' spell. Do not hesitate for one second to download this, otherwise you will miss out on something truly special.
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Very relaxing, cool, and deceptively challenging experience. The music alone is just outstanding, and it seems this game was made for a touchscreen. Unlike most touchscreen games, the touch control never gets in the way and is executed perfectly. Add in multiplayer and endless arcade modes and you have what is easily my favorite pick up and play puzzle title of 2012. And I was late to the party so it was only 99 cents, and I would have paid much more for an experience this refined.… Expand