"What iPad Gaming Should Be All About" -- Gizmodo
Enter the ambient world that GameAndPlayer called "a work of genius," and IGN called "a beautiful, absorbing experience." Osmos features elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a beautiful electronic soundtrack. Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes; propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you; but be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and challenging worlds.
Nominated for 4 IGF awards. Winner of the D2D Vision award and IGN's Editor's Choice award. Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade. Selected for the PAX 10 and more.*
This original, award-winning PC game has been fully redesigned for the iPad, including a seamless multitouch interface, new menus, play modes, levels, and tons of tweaks and refinements.
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn, with OpenFeint integration.
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
*Refers to original PC/Mac version.