Plague Inc. iOS

7.3

1. Mar 26, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever played. Got it cause it was featured on steam. The gameplay consists of you being a bacteria, virus or parasite. You slowly evolve and infect the world's population, then you evolve lethal features and kill the world's population.

While presented as a "Strategy" game, this is just a mathematical simulation, and I must say a boring one. All you have to do is make sure that your rate of infection is greater than the rate of death for all countries.

You have absolutely no control over where you go, every 4 minutes or so you get to make an evolution decision. For an hour or so, you are staring at a few screens as some news tickers appear. In Every 40 seconds or so you click on a popup with some genetic material to break the boredom. After 30 minutes the news largely stop, and you are just looking at red bar and the blue bar for countries and devolving features to make sure your virus does not kill too fast.

While the concept is new, the gameplay is unimaginative and I can't see myself replaying this again. I'm typically not big on morals in videogames, but this one left me thinking "Wtf am I doing this?" as I was reading all the gruesome symptoms that my plague has like "blisters, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing,etc"

1. Mar 9, 2013
    Original and filled with black humour, Plague Inc. is a coherent and engaging strategy game, which compensates an essential presentation with a great amount of content for its small price.
  2. Mar 4, 2013
    Plague Inc. reminds you in its own little way just how fragile yet tenacious humans are. Be a real shame if anything were to happen to them.
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    The most fun you can have destroying civilisation without becoming a government MP, Plague Inc. refines the Pandemic formula into a streamlined combination of strategy and twisted bio-horror.