• Publisher: PopCap
  • Release Date: Aug 15, 2013
  • Also On: PC
5.4

1. Jul 23, 2013
    The only reason the user reviews are so low is because PvZ 2 was delayed in the USA so that they would not have any server issues like Sim City had. I am sure that when it comes out in just a few days it will be fantastic. If you are in Australia or New Zealand, you are enjoying it right now. Love the original game!
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Wow, this hate is overwhelmingly unreasonable. The majority of haters probably didn't even play it yet. Something that's delayed does not have anything to do with the quality. A great, fun, and casual but packed-with-content game as good as the first installment in the series, if not better.
  3. Jul 31, 2013
    After about a 5 days in, this is my second review, one that comes with a broader understanding as to how a free to play game can actually be done properly and fairly to any given player. I originally gave it a 6 because I thought that paying for a plant/upgrade/level was greedy. In hindsight, it's quite the opposite. Yes, it will be far more challenging and difficult to go about thisAfter about a 5 days in, this is my second review, one that comes with a broader understanding as to how a free to play game can actually be done properly and fairly to any given player. I originally gave it a 6 because I thought that paying for a plant/upgrade/level was greedy. In hindsight, it's quite the opposite. Yes, it will be far more challenging and difficult to go about this without paying for anything.. But it's very possible and actually added a new twist in that it challenged me to play without 'cheating' and going the lazy route.

First off, the game play is absolutely stellar, retina or not (I have a feeling an HD version will surface at a price sometime soon). The new concept makes it easily the best tower defense game out there with a familiar yet fresh take on the beloved first edition. The new plants and zombies made me laugh out loud and displayed how much effort went into this title. As much as I adore the first, this has already become my fav and it is beyond addictive (in a great way). On another note, because I'm a huge fan and want to support devs and creations like this, I have absolutely no problem paying for it. The beauty lies in the fact that they have given me a choice. Playing for free (with the ability to acquire everything) or pay at my own discretion. Again, brilliant and it exemplifies how to do a play for free title properly.

Pop cap, you have officially become my favorite developer and PVZ2 is now the best game I've yet to play on the iOS. P. S. If you don't want to wait for this gem, do what I did and simply change your location in settings to Australia or New Zealand. This Canadian has been enjoying the down under version early thanks to YouTube! If you liked the first one, don't hesitate to grab this beautiful addition. If you're new, then you're in for one of the most fun games you'll ever play on your phone or ipad. Sorry android, like all of the best titles, you're going to have to wait.
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    Wow what an unbelievable title. This is how sequels should be made with more content and strategies. The story and zombies are awesome.

Disregard the F2P concerns this game is designed to appeal to all!
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    I don't get why people hate this game. Plants Vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is a solid iOS title and it will be coming to the Android and PC in the near future. The main reasons why this game is completely criticized is the IAP (In-App-Purchases) and the international delay (with the exception of New Zealand, Australia, and China), which are both completely stupid reason to hate on a gameI don't get why people hate this game. Plants Vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is a solid iOS title and it will be coming to the Android and PC in the near future. The main reasons why this game is completely criticized is the IAP (In-App-Purchases) and the international delay (with the exception of New Zealand, Australia, and China), which are both completely stupid reason to hate on a game and give it low scores. Delays happen people and sometimes for the greater good of the game. As for the IAP, I've gotten all stars on Ancient Egypt and Pirate Seas without purchasing any coin packs and without constantly using the Premium Plants that I bought (I have the US version incase you were curious). Yet people still say that it is "Impossible to obtain stars". This just baffles me to think that people will let something as stupid as IAP ruin a game. It might be because our generation is impatience but I enjoyed replaying levels to obtain stars. In my opinion it worked well for Plants Vs. Zombies and for its the replay value. Anyway enough about "other people's opinion" let's talk about mine a little more. Plants Vs. Zombies 2 is just as good as the original in its gameplay despite missing features like the Zen Garden and the Mini-games which will probably be added in future updates. There are a couple of new plants that stand out including the Bonk Choy, the Bloomerang, the Chili Bean, Pea Pod, the Lightning Reed, and the Snapdragon. There are also new gameplay mechanics like Plant Food and Power Ups. Plant Food is fun and a perfect idea for a Plants Vs. Zombies sequel. Plant Food allows plants to use Overpowered Attacks on Zombies, it can be obtain by buying it with the coins you earn in-game or dropped by green-glowing zombies (which are in every level presiding the introduction of Plant Food). Power-Ups are not my favorite of the bunch, you can buy power-ups with coins earned in game. These Power-ups allow you to use super-overpowered touch attacks on Zombies which doesn't work as well as Plant Food does because it takes away the element of the Tower-Defense in the game. IAP are completely optional but some like the Snow Pea, Jalapeno, and Torchwood are hard to resist. I've bought so far the Snow Pea, The Jalapeno, The Torchwood, and the Power Lily and that is all I've bought so far (I plant on getting all the Premium Plants just to have them and use them). I will never buy any coin packs because it is not worth it. I don't necessarily like the whole free-to-play thing slapped on to Plants Vs. Zombies 2 but I will not let something optional and that stupid ruin a wonderful gaming franchise for me. If anything I thing they do well with the free-to-play thing. Trust me I've played worst free-to-play games than this. Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2013
    A fun game for kids, it has a potential to be a blockbuster. There are some glitches but overall it is a great tile. Good job devs i 9 stars goes to you.
  7. Jul 31, 2013

1. Sep 18, 2013
    A fantastic sequel, unhindered by its free to play model. Plant this on your device now! [Nov 2013, p.78]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time just works well in every way. The game makes good use of the Free to Play-model, with which you'll only pay for something to make it a bit easier for yourself. The game is just as enjoyable without spending a dime though.
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    A big improvement on the first game, albeit one hampered by the free to play model. [Oct 2013, p.77]