6.9

1. Aug 2, 2012
    Pocket Planes is exactly what free-to-play games should be. There is of course the possibility of using real-life money to buy in-game currency, but this option is far from obligating players to pay. It matters much more on how you're building your airline than how many real life money you spend on the game; and creating your own airline is a lot of fun: you will have to think a lot on what kind of aircraft you have and where your airports are placed. Events are a brilliant idea of Nimblebit and a great way of earning bux and money without having to wait a lot or having to spend real money. I give this game a 9 only because I think it may be a bit boring to just wait for your flights to arrive and the leveling system may block you from growing faster due to its airport limitations per level, but as this game is free and a lot of fun, everyone with an iOS device should give it a try. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    This is one of my favorite iOS games and one of my most played. There is no pressure to spend real-life money as you easily gain lots of bux. There is definitely more freedom than most other tycoon games and I find it smoother than NimbleBit's previous game of this style, Tiny Tower. It certainly deserves its place in my dock.
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    This clever little in-your-off-time game is free, nice, and doesn't require obscene quantities of cash to find nice. Buy, fly, and deck out your airline, buy airports, do events, anything a clever tycoon would want to do. Not much action or effort needed, as flying planes is a tap of the finger, but be wary, the game can be addicting. Pretty unique.

It's also free, so go ahead. You've
    got nothing to lose, except maybe dozens of hours of your life. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2014
    This is a great game to get hooked on to, and there's a fun element to expanding the coverage of your plane empire. One problem I'd say is that there's high expectations of the player by the time you get to higher levels, because with the best plane, which takes 17 cargo, it is extremely heavy, which requires you have a lot of airports build if you want to make a profit out of this plane. But I had a lot of fun in this game, and it's certainly worth a try. Expand
  5. Jun 28, 2012
    I love this game and now I play it everyday! If you liked Tiny Tower, this game is twice as fun and addicting. Tycoon lovers must have this airline experience!

1. Jul 26, 2012
    Pocket Planes is free, which makes it perfect to give it a try. Collecting money and bucks is slow if you don't spend real money, but in time you can expand your airline without taking out your wallet. Too bad, though, the game is incredibly passive; you do nothing but sending out flights and waiting for the money to roll in.
  2. Jul 24, 2012
    Take away the freemium structure and the need to wait for ages between goes and we'd happily play it for hours at a time. [Sept 2012, p.110]
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    There's a lot of fun to be had in the game without spending any money, since you can find bux floating around and you'll earn some with every level.