Real Racing 3 iOS

5.7

1. Oct 11, 2013
    Graphics: 9/10 Realism: 8/10 Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Price 10/10 Multiplayer: 2/10 In-Game Purchases: 6/10 Overall: 8.7/10

One of my all time favorite games. The graphics are some of the best (except for the very front of the first car you buy, ugh.) Very realistic, using real tracks, real cars, and especially good virtual prices- they put in a really good prize money for winning races, and good money for repairs, upgrades, and even buying vehicles. The PR level is probably the most annoying feature of the game because in some spots it is limited. Lastly, they seriously beg for in-game purchases, especially with those racing coins. Sure they give you plenty of opportunities to get them for free- however I am scared to spend the 65 I earned for free.
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    This is a visually stunning and well design racing sim. Camera angles are handled well and the sense of speed is excellent.

A lot of the criticism surrounding the payment/waiting system seems to be closely tied to how much you play it. I've found that playing for 30 min spats has worked out fine. Furthermore, if you drive clean, then you're rewarded by needing less repairs. This is one aspect of the design I wish more games took into consideration. Anyone saying you can't go through a race without accruing damage is probably driving sloppily to be honest. Also, you can raise with damage, but you take minor performance hits to acceleration, top speed, etc. Some console sims DO penalize you for driving off the track or ramming other cars in terms of tire wear or the need for repairs. To me this seems pretty suitable for a mobile game to incorporate. The more skilled you are the more quickly and easily you'll progress.

There are wait times for upgrades, but if you have more than one car (which is the case as you progress), then you'll be able to switch to another car. The time shift racing aspect definitely gives it a nice amount of competitiveness as well, as long as you have some gamecenter/facebook friends using the game. You'll still see other players around the globe playing, but it's fun to see a friend one-upping your own records. All in all, this is a great game at a very low cost. It is a sim at hear, so I wouldn't expect it to appeal as much to someone expecting a Need For Speed type arcade experience.
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    Considering this game is free on the app store, it is very good. The graphics are stunning for iOS and there are lots of races and events to play through.
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    I have been playing a lot of iOS race games and I can say that Real Racing is one of the best games of this genre. The graphics are very polished, there is a lot of fun, many cars, many races, and it is a free game. The con is a lack of replay and no multiplayer, that is very bad, even so the game is worth it.
  5. Apr 22, 2013
    This must be by far the best racing game available on the ios and I just can't get enough of it. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is just as awesome. What I especially like it that you can buy and car at any time, all you need is to build up enough cash. No need to unlock this and that. Get the cash, and buy the car you want. As easy as that. And that is why Real Racing 3 is theThis must be by far the best racing game available on the ios and I just can't get enough of it. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is just as awesome. What I especially like it that you can buy and car at any time, all you need is to build up enough cash. No need to unlock this and that. Get the cash, and buy the car you want. As easy as that. And that is why Real Racing 3 is the real deal. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2014
    Design, mechanics,cars, all are beautiful, this is amazing.Sadly... Payment system.

***************************************************************
  7. Mar 28, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this game. The graphics are very good on my retina iPad, and the gameplay is excellent. Regarding the controversy surrounding the in-app payments system, I've been playing it for at least an hour a day since it came out, and I've only once been tempted to spend any real money at all, a temptation I resisted at the last moment! If, as others have said, you buy (with inI'm really enjoying this game. The graphics are very good on my retina iPad, and the gameplay is excellent. Regarding the controversy surrounding the in-app payments system, I've been playing it for at least an hour a day since it came out, and I've only once been tempted to spend any real money at all, a temptation I resisted at the last moment! If, as others have said, you buy (with in game fake money) several cars, you can be racing another car while your damaged one is being repaired, so it's no big deal. Or go out for a walk! Again, I agree with others here that if you drive well, you don't have a big repair bill at the end of every race.

One thing I'd like to see is more information about other players, especially my Facebook friends also playing the game. It would be great to see what cars they have, what mods they've bought, what their track records are etc.

Another thing is that, after a few weeks, having only the same nine tracks to choose from gets a bit repetitive. It would be great if more tracks were in the pipeline. At least there are variations in the way the tracks are played full races, 1 on 1, speed trials etc.

But on the whole, it's a professionally made, but free game, that's kept me returning to play it again and again.
  8. Nov 18, 2013
    Real Racing 3 is a fantastic game for the iOS platform. If you do not have a newer model of an Apple product, you and your device will have a moderately difficult time running the large racing simulator. I have had this game crash multiple times, either in the middle of a race, or while the game is loading. However, the fact that Electronic Arts has managed to apply such detailedReal Racing 3 is a fantastic game for the iOS platform. If you do not have a newer model of an Apple product, you and your device will have a moderately difficult time running the large racing simulator. I have had this game crash multiple times, either in the middle of a race, or while the game is loading. However, the fact that Electronic Arts has managed to apply such detailed three-dimensional graphics, this factor counter acts the lack of processing power on my current device.
    As I said before, the three-dimensional graphics applied to this game are extremely detailed; I have not managed to find a game with better graphics on the iOS so far. The sound may not be as high quality as the graphics but there is a benefit to the moderate sound quality, EACH SOUND IS DIFFERENT FOR EACH CAR.
    I have a few suggestions such as, when your vehicle needs servicing; I have noticed that the time it takes to service it increases with the class of the vehicle. I suggest that Electronic Arts should keep the servicing time the same for each vehicle. Perhaps 5 to 7 minutes?
    I also suggest that in the store menu, Electronic Arts could put an exchange service, where as you can trade in game money (Also known as R$) for gold.

I enjoy Real Racing 3 and I give kudos to Electronic Arts for producing an excellent iOS gaming experience.
  9. Dec 12, 2013
    This game is awesome. You can say the graphic are pretty good. The game play is interesting most of the time. The music is giving me some awesome kick. The sad thing is, the you need to wait for services and car deliveries every time you buy a car. But this is still great.
  10. Dec 21, 2013
    Real Racing 3 can best be described in a few words. The best racing on Iphone is a perfect description. It looks great, and the gameplay is rock solid.
  11. Dec 16, 2013
    For a free game, the graphics are great, its very playable, and infectious. However, once you start progressing towards the "real" racers, it becomes difficult. To get better cars and win, you need to upgrade your current vehicles, some of which cost 100s of "Gold". That's costly. To then get the better cars, they cost 100s of Gold too. Not only that, it is actually difficult to get theFor a free game, the graphics are great, its very playable, and infectious. However, once you start progressing towards the "real" racers, it becomes difficult. To get better cars and win, you need to upgrade your current vehicles, some of which cost 100s of "Gold". That's costly. To then get the better cars, they cost 100s of Gold too. Not only that, it is actually difficult to get the "gold" other than buying it. An example: 400 gold coins £34.99,1000 £69.99!!!!! Some upgrades cost between 80 and 120 gold coins, just for one, and you might have to get 7 or 8 to get the better car and win to progress.
    In short, you will grind to a halt. I cannot see how I can get to the Ferraris without spending huge amounts on Gold to upgrade my cars!!! Any ideas from you experts........
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    Its a great mobile racing game that isn't a grind fest like most others.

Many people are giving this bad reviews becuase EA. That's the only reason. Who cares about the publisher you buy a game for the game and its a solid game. Great multiplayer good racing mechanics and you can actually earn the premium currency quite easily.
  13. Nov 11, 2014
    i dont get it with this people who say this game is bad they probably fanboying over GTracing
    , the game is pretty good actually, the sound is one of the best on mobile , physics is unrivaled on mobile devices, the graphics is stunning, and many more.
    the only thing that make me dissapoint is the long wait times.
    i give this game a 8.1
  14. Oct 23, 2014
    Impressive game for being on iOS. graphics are quite stunning, the driving experience is fun (although driving speeds in curves are way higher than reality).
    I would give this a 9 or 10 if it weren't for a couple negative things:
    I would give this a 9 or 10 if it weren't for a couple negative things:
    1. Freemium model has gotten heavier and heavier.. upgrading a car to the max now usually requires gold even at earlier steps of upgrades (in first cars it was only on last upgrades). Prices for purchasing such currency are insanely high, and new cars get released all the time so if you want to spend.. there is no limit, you will end up spending more than buying a proper pc and a real game. With that said, if you're a VERY active player, you will manage to get to end game.. slowly but you will.
    2. When they increased gold per level up, they didn't reimburse any gold to people who were already high level. very unfair, as new levellers gained about 7 times as much gold per level up. that's a huge amount when you're talking about 100/200 levels.

It's a pity that the gaming world has discovered how lame people are, and sadly that freemium works (over 90% of all profits from all apps in the world are from freemium games). We all stand here and complain, yet somehow most people are lamers that do spend a lot of cash to gain unfair advantage over other players.
  15. Dec 22, 2014
    This game's graphics are brilliant, but I think the freemium model was pushed a bit too far here. If you're just playing casually for short bursts you should be ok, but without spending money you can't get that far here because they make it hard to play for free. Cars need servicing after just 15-20 km of driving and some cars take up to 6 hours to service. You can speed it up with gold,This game's graphics are brilliant, but I think the freemium model was pushed a bit too far here. If you're just playing casually for short bursts you should be ok, but without spending money you can't get that far here because they make it hard to play for free. Cars need servicing after just 15-20 km of driving and some cars take up to 6 hours to service. You can speed it up with gold, but that either costs money or you can slowly (SLOWLY) get it for free. To buy new cars takes a long time to save up for, particularly as you progress further the cars cost like their real equivalents , in excess of $100,000, sometimes as high as $4,000,000. (in game money, of course. Not real money.) But you can buy in game money with real money, and you almost have to if you want to progress quickly.

But for a while at least you can have a good time with this app.
  16. Mar 26, 2016
    pros
    cars
    graphics music car sounds amount of cars le mans bugatti koenigsegg cons ea iaps rubber-banding drivers tsm amount of car prices laguna seca no quick race rip offs of cars so i downloaded this on my tablet and i thought "hey, its a sequel to rr2, how good is this?" its okay on many bits but the ai in this are so bullpoo and laguna seca is a cheap waste of space
    pros
    cars
    graphics
    music
    car sounds
    amount of cars
    le mans
    bugatti
    koenigsegg
    cons
    ea
    iaps
    rubber-banding drivers
    tsm
    amount of car prices
    laguna seca
    no quick race
    rip offs of cars
    so i downloaded this on my tablet and i thought "hey, its a sequel to rr2, how good is this?" its okay on many bits but the ai in this are so bullpoo and laguna seca is a cheap waste of space track, ONE BIG PROBLEM IS IT'S 3 GIGS!!!!

1. Games Master UK
    Apr 13, 2013
    A great game with gorgeous looks spoiled by excessive in-app demands. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 9, 2013
    A fantastic tablet racing game, but one that greatly overestimates its own importance and value with slow progress and expensive in-app purchases. [May 2013, p.81]
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    With the beautiful graphics and large amount of content, Real Racing 3 could be one of the best games the smartphone has ever seen. However the microtransactions and long waiting times take away much of the fun.