6.8

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Charming. beautiful graphics and awesome game play, this is an addictive and appealing game all around. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it at first but I keep going back to it, last time I was this attached to an app was Angry Birds.
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    Ridiculous Fishing is an excellent game. The fishing portion of the game consists of 3 stages. You first cast your fishing line and try to lower it into the water as far as possible. While you are doing this, you are using the tilt functions of your device to avoid fish. Once you hit a fish, you bring your line to the surface all the while using the tilt functions to touch as many fishRidiculous Fishing is an excellent game. The fishing portion of the game consists of 3 stages. You first cast your fishing line and try to lower it into the water as far as possible. While you are doing this, you are using the tilt functions of your device to avoid fish. Once you hit a fish, you bring your line to the surface all the while using the tilt functions to touch as many fish as you can. Once you reach the surface, the fish fly into the air and you use a gun to shoot the fish. While the game play sounds silly, in reality it is extremely fun and original. As you catch/shoot fish, you gain money which you can use to buy upgrades which help you go deeper and find more fish. Meanwhile, the fish you encounter have different properties such as aggression and speed which will alter your strategy and keep the game fresh. The game is currently priced at $2.99 which is more than fair considering the game has no in-app-purchases. I highly recommend you try this game. Expand
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    Perhaps the "upgrade game" perfected Ridiculous Fishing was quite addictive, but never enough to be disgustingly so, I was able to feel satisfied and put it down after 30 minutes to an hour play session. During that time, I still felt as if I was progressing in my skill with the three minigames, and the upgrades remained interesting enough. It offers a lot of interesting on ideas ofPerhaps the "upgrade game" perfected Ridiculous Fishing was quite addictive, but never enough to be disgustingly so, I was able to feel satisfied and put it down after 30 minutes to an hour play session. During that time, I still felt as if I was progressing in my skill with the three minigames, and the upgrades remained interesting enough. It offers a lot of interesting on ideas of progression of three central mechanics, and how you can scale them in complexity enemy placement and behavior as we drop the hook, how to pace the hook as you go back up deciding between hooking more fish and being unable to defeat the larger one in the shooting stage, or hooking less at risk of wasting time if you don't defeat the larger fish, then the shooting minigame.

I'm not really a fan of the genre of games like this mostly just because I feel sort of empty afterwards (Though the experience may be enjoyable), *relative to other games*, I don't find myself with much to reflect on that isn't strictly game design but the game has a wonderful presentation and aesthetics, and it does let you abstract away some lessons for game development elsewhere. And the point of the game wasn't designed to be to give me lots of non-game-design stuff to reflect on. If you're lucky enough to own an iThing (I'm not, had to borrow a friend's for a few hours), give it a go, if you're even remotely interested in this genre of game. It's by far one of the best ones you can own on an iOS device, and it's only three bucks.
  4. Mar 16, 2013
    Beautiful times, full of that "just one more try and I know I can do it" feelin'. The best kind of nonsense, all the way through to the end sequence, which brings a tear to the eye.
  5. Mar 16, 2013
    Look, the iPhone/iPad is full of great, addictive games. But not many of those games look great, play great, are fun, AND give you bang for your buck. Ridiculous Fishing is an amazing deal at $2.99 I've gotten more enjoyment out of this game in the two days I've owned it that I've enjoyed most of my PS Vita games since the console launched. You will NOT be disappointed.
  6. Mar 17, 2013
    The first thing that strikes when you start the game is the amount of polishing that went in this game. Everything is smooth and responsive. Everything looks nice and colorfull. But what about the gameplay? It's great! It has the perfect balance of playtime and stressfull parts. It starts slow, avoid the fishes, then gets a little less tense once the line goes back up. Finally, when theThe first thing that strikes when you start the game is the amount of polishing that went in this game. Everything is smooth and responsive. Everything looks nice and colorfull. But what about the gameplay? It's great! It has the perfect balance of playtime and stressfull parts. It starts slow, avoid the fishes, then gets a little less tense once the line goes back up. Finally, when the fishes get thrown in the air it gets really tense. For me this is perfect. In just one game the pace changes at key points and is just short enough for quick plays or longer gaming sessions. Plus you can buy lots of stuff n the store that enhances the gameplay and there is no IAP. A must in any collection! Expand
  7. May 16, 2013
    Great fun and very addicting. Also none of that F2P crap as everything can be purchased via the money you earn in game. It's not a deep game but it is a very well balanced touch arcade game.

1. May 9, 2013
    An aquatic arcade romp with buckets of charm, style and humour. [June 2013, p.86]
  2. May 9, 2013
    Worth it for the first few hours of hopeless addiction, the satisfaction of encountering new creatures, and the enticing allure of testing out all the new equipment. [June 2013, p.84]
  3. Apr 18, 2013
    It may lack substance in the long-term, but it provides an experience which is admirably oriented towards pure intuitive fun, presented in a way which is great to look at and humorous in tone.